Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

EorayMel posted:

(Never) gently caress With Kim Kitsuragi

Actually, always gently caress with Kim he'll back you up no matter what. That's kind of his deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Actually, always gently caress with Kim he'll back you up no matter what. That's kind of his deal.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

This game rules.

I'm on my first playthrough and I think I stumbled into a not-very-effective 1/5/4/2 build with inland empire as my signature skill. I also ended up putting a few points into esprit de corps because I enjoyed having some view into what Kim was thinking. It's meant I'm completely outmatched in any battle of wits and physically I'm nothing special, but I keep getting unexpected insights. I'm enjoying being a hobo Dale Cooper running on pure cop instincts but it's already got me wanting to do a second run where I'm a total know it all with no clue how to talk to people, or a complete meathead that just punches his way through any problem.

Do you run into issues if you internalise incompatible thoughts in the thought cabinet? So far I've taken hobocop, marxism and the fifteenth indotribe, which seem a bit at odds even if they're not totally contradictory. But then again Tequila Sunset is a complicated guy. He contains multitudes.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
You just get more dialogue options and it can be commented on later. There's no punishment for being both a Mazovian commie and an Ultra-Liberal hyper-capitalist.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I picked up this game again after a few months off and within 45 mins I had lost all my morale and my character quit the force lol

I picked it back up from the last save, and I'm putting lots of points into Hand Eye Coordination / other Physical attributes. I'm going to beat and abuse this case wide open!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

cumshitter posted:

You just get more dialogue options and it can be commented on later. There's no punishment for being both a Mazovian commie and an Ultra-Liberal hyper-capitalist.

quote:

Do you “grind” and “hustle?” Sure you do. You're a money engineer. A money scientist. You move money on a level inconceivable to the ordinary citizen. What is money, anyway? Money is trust.

There is no ideology being an ultra doesn't compliment. Fascist moneyman? Sehr logisch. Money-commie? Vie sexy! Money and moralism? Peanut butter und jelly! Money's not jealous. Money's like light, love and friendship. It plays well with everything. During the Revolution the ultras banded up with the commies to dispose of the king. Then they made a deal with the moralists to profit from the ensuing occupation.

Also, this literally gives you money in the game. With money you can buy books, which have content! Board games too! Clothes, which cost real money to model. Without money you might end up as some kind of impoverished hobocop.

Hustle away, Tequila.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
There's specifically dialogue in the end for being an ultraliberal, moralist, fascist and communist all at the same time.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There's specifically dialogue in the end for being an ultraliberal, moralist, fascist and communist all at the same time.
Ah, the ultraposter.

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

Ghost Leviathan posted:

i mean, i've met actual people who could be described like that. it's like some kind of radical anti-centrism. it kind of owns actually (provided you don't have to deal with these people too often)

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

At high levels, Inland Empire animates the inanimate. You’ll have conversations with your clothing, conversations that may change the course of the investigation if you’re not thrown in the loony bin first. With low Inland Empire, however, you’ll be void of imagination – and character. And then how will you shape the cosmos?

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

Wife: it looks like they're snuggling!
Me: Don't move I'm gonna show the goons!

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
:allears:

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

What mixture of stats/skills do you need for Revachol to start telling you about the impending nuclear holocaust? My last run through was high psyche with a focus on Inland Empire and never got anything.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

What mixture of stats/skills do you need for Revachol to start telling you about the impending nuclear holocaust? My last run through was high psyche with a focus on Inland Empire and never got anything.

Inland Empire doesn't have anything to do with it, it is actually Composure to initiate dancing after doing a lot of church stuff, then Shivers for a red check. Preferably 10 or more Reaction Speed so you're told "She's speaking fast because she's afraid (of being annihilated)" via passive check during the vision

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

EorayMel posted:

Inland Empire doesn't have anything to do with it, it is actually Composure to initiate dancing after doing a lot of church stuff, then Shivers for a red check. Preferably 10 or more Reaction Speed so you're told "She's speaking fast because she's afraid (of being annihilated)" via passive check during the vision

Huh, right on. Thanks.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

I thought you needed massive Rhetoric to pick up on that but maybe it is reaction speed - or either

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

It's not mandatory for that scene, only the Composure dancing white check->Shivers tune in red check while you're pulling smooth moves technically is, but it does a lot of heavy lifting

:frogsiren: :frogsiren:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Also:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I cannot believe anybody would get that sandwich at long last only to dash it to the ground

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Epic High Five posted:

I cannot believe anybody would get that sandwich at long last only to dash it to the ground

I critical successed it with bad Rhetoric, and also found out Half Light heals +1 morale if you dash it to the ground, making it extremely Worth It

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

"Can you make such a sandwich, officer?!"
(Look into the distance.) "No. No one can."

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

World War Mammories posted:

"Can you make such a sandwich, officer?!"
(Look into the distance.) "No. No one can."

I never get the sandwich because I can't stop myself from picking this choice every time.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
I believe this is what the kids call "blursed".
https://twitter.com/shadowdiosama/status/1436835545754181638?s=20

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
You can break the tape player?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

isn't that from the one in your room?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Lmao at all of it, but the mayo comparison to blood got me. I need to try a super high electrochemistry run.

The first time the game got me to laugh really hard was when you get the option of "lick it, but just a little bit" when you find the dried liquor puddle next to the passed out guy at the bar.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
So many incredible or godly checks that seem as if penned by some hosed-up brilliant angel, which we may not peruse unless we live as the ultimate rear end in a top hat. There's a meaning here.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

cumshitter posted:

The first time the game got me to laugh really hard was when you get the option of "lick it, but just a little bit" when you find the dried liquor puddle next to the passed out guy at the bar.

Ugh, moralist options are the worst.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
drat, normally having high yellow doesn't do much _that_ interesting, but my harry just casually shot cunoesse

and they say games never let you kill children. granted, it's a game over state, but i figured that'd be a guaranteed miss or something

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Is Half Light volcel? Discuss.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
Well Harry IS terrified of women so half-light is doing its job protecting him from them.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Hand-Eye Coordination is a Motorics skill in Disco Elysium. Ready? Aim and fire.

Cool for: Trick-Shooters, Snipers, Jugglers

Hand/Eye Coordination loves the interaction between you and things that fly in the air. It enables you to catch coins from mob bosses, shoot straight, and understand firearms intimately. Want to know the precise make and mark of a pistol? Hand/Eye Coordination’s got you. Want to shoot someone with it? Ditto.

At high levels, Hand/Eye Coordination makes you deadly – supposing you’ve a weapon in your hand. But once you do, Hand/Eye Coordination will compel you to take the shot – even if it’s not the best approach. At low levels, however, you’ll be even more of a disaster in waiting. Because when the guns go off – and they always do – you’ll probably hit the wrong target.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i still cant believe that this is robert kurvitz's first game

imagine if your first book was war and peace. or if your first painting was guernica. just make your first work in a medium and it's the best work in the medium

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

bob dobbs is dead posted:

imagine if your first book was war and peace. or if your first painting was guernica. just make your first work in a medium and it's the best work in the medium

tfw you're michelangelo painting the roof of the sistine chapel

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
michelangelo painted off and on for 50 years before the sistine chapel

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
Citizen Kane was Welles' first film, though to be fair he had a good amount of stage and radio experience.

Edit: oh no disco elysium is the citizen kane of video games

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Toebone posted:

Edit: oh no disco elysium is the citizen kane of video games

Cocaine Skull

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Encyclopedia [Formidable: Success] "Rosebud" is the brand of a sled that would have been popular during Kane's childhood years.

Electrochemistry [Medium: Success] Ignore the nerd, it's probably some kind of drug. The best kind, in fact.

1. No, the sled sounds right.

2. Which kind is that?

3. None of this is helpful. I hate all of you so, so much.

Electrochemistry: The kind that goes up your rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
it was hearsts lady friends genitals