Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
I forgot this was being released for PS4 so soon, I don't even have a computer capable of playing it so I've been waiting like 2 years, super excited to finally try this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
I'm really loving the game so far but I'm playing on my PS4 and I've already been burned several times by the frequent crashes and infrequent autosaves. Gotta get in the habit of saving manually more often...

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
Yeah I can't access the sandcastle either and looking at the trophy list shows that 0% of people have the achievement for getting the full set of armor, I think it's just broken right now

E: also broken for me - the experiment in the church after you get the kids to share the space with the programmer. A cutscene starts and just doesn't end, can't even pause it or anything. I really wanted to see how that played out!

Hirsute fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Apr 3, 2021

Hirsute
May 4, 2007

BurningBeard posted:

I'd love to know what the hell happened with that. My gut says they didn't want to acknowledge how bad things were on console publicly. Their tweet was like five days ago with no updates since. Honestly I went from mildly annoyed to kinda pissed the more I'm seeing how they're handling this. And the reviews are a joke. Clearly critics played the pc version. There really isn't an excuse for releasing something in this state, indie studio or otherwise. I'm not about to get all entitled gamer about this, but it really is a pretty bad look.

Yeah this is my first time playing it (on PS4) and it's a beautiful and moving and hilarious experience, but I think I'm going to stop playing it for now until the patch, it really sucks to be continually frustrated by bugs.

Hirsute
May 4, 2007

UnknownMercenary posted:

:laffo: You can get stuck in a loop of always making whiskey and ginger with the Pale Medicine book.

Yeah that happened to me, I just want to make my own drugs dammit! Something new and exciting, speed and cigarettes and booze and pyrholidon(?) are fun but my Harry is all about new experiences

Hirsute
May 4, 2007

Kraftwerk posted:

Yeah he's a perfect foil for Harry's wacky personality and greatly helps him out when he struggles. A buddy cop movie of these two would be a great thing to watch.

On a side note, wasn't there something somewhere implying that Kim was gay?

Yeah you can have a conversation with him where he straight up says he's gay, I think it's the same one the last post mentioned where you're confused by the magnetism of the smoking guy and that gives you the thought about your potential homosexuality

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
I got super lucky on the check and got the sandwich and ate it right in front of him, which sadly doesn't seem to make any difference in the dialogue if you talk to him about it afterwards.

Hirsute
May 4, 2007

Disco Pope posted:

Got to the end of Final Cut after finding a way to force the help Soona with her research quest to avoid softlocking. I'm really satisfied. Having these lines voiced really added to my interpretation and understanding of them when I have a tendency to skim written game dialogue a bit to get that sweet serotonin hit from XP pings. It really serves this game well.

How'd you do it? I can't get past that part either, softlocks every time

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
Well I downloaded the PS4 patch and all the bugs I was experiencing are still there... what a bummer

Hirsute
May 4, 2007

pablo gbscobar posted:

I downloaded the patch, and while I still can't access the sandcastle the voices have been fixed and I manged to get past the car section by activating the swing scene then dipping in and out of a nearby building to reset the map. The car was still white but I was able to interact with it just fine after that.

OK yeah I got the car to work now too, and it seems more stable, hasn't crashed in a while now.

Hirsute
May 4, 2007

Well that's good I guess but the lack of a date is concerning

Hirsute
May 4, 2007

Simone Magus posted:

The patch seems to have really improved the PS4 experience a lot. Looking forward to starting over tonight since this morning I died because I failed at punching a literal child

Perhaps rolling with 1 FYS was a bad idea

Yeah it fixed the major bugs that I was experiencing and seems to have improved the load times as well! I was finally able to actually finish the game, which wasn't happening before

Hirsute
May 4, 2007

Hirsute posted:

Yeah it fixed the major bugs that I was experiencing and seems to have improved the load times as well! I was finally able to actually finish the game, which wasn't happening before

Well I was able to finish the game and the bugged quests, but just now I was replaying the last bit and the game crashed (for the 1st time since the last patch actually). When I restarted, I got a message saying my save was corrupted, and EVERY SINGLE ONE of my saves is gone now. Jesus christ....

Hirsute
May 4, 2007

GoutPatrol posted:

If they finally fixed the sandcastle then it should be actually possible to get the platinum now.

I was replaying the end from a save I made because they did fix that bug and I wanted the trophy for acquiring the full set of armor, but the game crashed and deleted all my saves before I was able to :(

Hirsute
May 4, 2007

a fatguy baldspot posted:

Punching cuno is the correct choice but man does the game make me feel bad about it

If you think that's bad you should try shooting Cunoesse. Game over if you hit her but missing is hilariously hosed up too.

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
I just finished a playthrough where I never looked at myself in the mirror, other than the character portrait the only thing I noticed that was different was if you try to shave you can't because you don't even know what your face looks like

Hirsute
May 4, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

Say what you will about its methods, the Hardie Boys cant argue I'm not deadly serious

I did the whole threaten to kill yourself with Kim's gun bit with them and was hoping I could go back later and do it again with my own gun but it doesn't seem to be possible :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirsute
May 4, 2007

surf rock posted:

I heard that, on release, the game had a lot of performance issues and bugs on PS4. Is that still right? Should I wait to play it until I've got a PS5, or is that having the same issues?

Yeah it's much better on PS4 now, I put it down for a while because of the bugs but picked it back up after they released some patches and promptly beat it 3 times in a row. It still crashes a lot unfortunately, definitely get in the habit of manually saving fairly often (especially before entering/exiting a door to a new area).