Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Somfin posted:

One minor theory I've got about the game is that skills basically like or dislike people based on their score in that specific skill. Authority loves Kim explicitly because Kim's Authority is wildly high, Esprit de Corps loves Kim because Kim would take a bullet for you simply because you're a fellow cop, reds appreciate reds, yellows appreciate yellows, blues appreciate blues, etc. Which might explain why Volition alone despises Klaasje- she's got phenomenal skills in all other areas and absolutely no urge to be a good person.

Currently going 4/2/2/4 with Conceptualization as my tag skill, already got Superstar and planning on grabbing Art Cop as well. Drama comes in really handy for navigating conversations in a way that makes you seem like you've got your poo poo together, specifically when dealing with Evrart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Is there a benefit to confirming your name with Evrart ahead of doing anything else? Does it change the precinct call at all?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

There are some cut clothing items still sitting in the game files that can only be obtained through save editing, which is a shame as they're both pretty good and also end up completing outfits that are otherwise only partial, such as the RCM uniform and the white suit.

They clearly aren't accounted for by the game though, as I spent all of day 1 wearing a pair of shoes that had been cut and Kim commented on it as if I hadn't found my other shoe :haw:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Is it possible to miss asking Klaasje if she made the call? I seem to have completely exhausted the conversation tree.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/steakbentley/status/1388603524242628612

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I only just realized that Andre is pretty much supposed to be Keith Flint. :doh:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

David Harbour would be a 100% fit for Harry. He's got experience with playing a depressed, out of touch failcop thanks to Stranger Things.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jun 2, 2021

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Probably referring to the book store owner's daughter.

e;fb

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

EorayMel posted:

Every conversation/skill check opportunity should have a red half light - GODLY check you can do. IMO

My wife streamed a FYS/MOT playthrough with Half Light as her tag skill. It was... entertaining, to say the least.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Caufman posted:

Imagine a world where you had to verbally relay your tweet to an elderly woman in a repeater station, and she would read it back to you to confirm that's what you want her to read out to the rest of the world.

Y'know that might actually be better to a degree, as having their own bullshit parroted back to them might get a few people to reconsidahahahah. Nope, couldn't finish typing that with a straight face.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

It says something about this game's writing that despite her being ideologically opposite to so many of my own personal views, I can't bring myself to hate Joyce. She's a selfish scumbag capitalist, but at least she isn't ashamed to admit it. And at the end of the day her desire to help solve the case and avoid needless bloodshed comes off as genuine.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

How has nobody made an Agent Cooper version of the skill tree yet?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Dieting Hippo posted:

VISUAL CALCULUS [Easy: Success] - The monster appears to be much larger than expected. Without a gun, this could prove to be very unfortunate.

ELECTROCHEMISTRY - You've got Mega Demondrugs, chug 'em all down! Do a kegstand right on its back!

AUTHORITY [Medium: Failure] - Yes.

HALF LIGHT - GET THE TAIL. GET THE GODDAMN TAIL.

:allears: This really is the format that keeps on giving.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

:kimchi:

I would pet cat-Harry. Then immediately wash and disinfect my hands.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Aug 11, 2022

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Getting real Samson vibes, I approve.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

The check succeeding despite rolling snake eyes makes this even funnier.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Idiot Doom Spiral would absolutely be a cryptobro.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Pattonesque posted:

Kurvitz join BioWare and write the greatest Mass Effect ever

This is one hell of a monkey's paw given Bioware's track record, you know that right?

e: It's also the best shot we'll probably ever have at a non-human ME protagonist, so I'm conflicted.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

SexyBlindfold posted:

Desperately looking forward to HDB recreating all the animation bugs from Andromeda.

Turns out the Jamrock Shuffle is just the broken waddling animation Andromeda was plagued with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bWGANKbYrI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Mind you, "don't buy this game" is not the same thing as "don't play this game"...

It's what Kras Mazov would want.