Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I started Atelier Ryza and not having played any Atelier game since Escha/Logy it's really awesome! Combat system is new and funky, characters are all cool, especially Ryza :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Pollyanna posted:

Somnium Files is so profoundly loving weird. And it’s really good at keeping the player guessing and wondering. I’m having a lot of fun just trying to figure out what’s going on, cause there’s so much stuff to discover.

I finished it last week and yeah I think I'd consider it on my all time best list, it's sooooooo good

A-Set, you bet! :j:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I found this organic ice cream from Oregon at the grocery store and it's just vanilla malt flavor but it's like a top ten ice cream I've ever tasted. It's called Tillamook. Oh man it's good, incredibly rich. It has a thing that says it's "made with more cream than is legally required" haha :j:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Waffleman_ posted:

Getting in on the ground floor of sassy witches

Definitely one of the all time great sassy witches :hai:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Little Nightmares 2 is v scary friends

:ohdear:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Cardiovorax posted:

Where do the bean poots come in?

The PS5's reactive triggers could allow for incredibly immersive farting controls

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Brushing up on optimal posting strats

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
The thing I really hate about April fool's is that everyone knows and agrees that April fool jokes are lame and stupid, but at the same time every website or whatever is like "ok ok ok but OUR April fool joke is GOOD" and it's like no... it's not

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Ohhhh thanks for the gang tag, VG!!! :)

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Shinjobi posted:

Talkin bout Snacks is good

Lol yeah I guess I do in fact "gotta hand it to" that one

Also I should finish Bugsnax

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

hatty posted:

Beat 13 sentinels last night in a sleep deprived haze it was very good! I won't bore people with my detailed rambling thoughts so I just made a fun tier list instead since this thread loves those.

Okino would be in the A tier If I were to include important tertiary characters

Imagine not putting Nat-chan in S tier

She and Yuki are Best Girls

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Rarity posted:

Oh would you look at that

operam ad meliora vocantem quia non facit ea

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

ChickenMedium posted:

Wait, when did Amazon buy the forums?

They didn't buy the forums, they just bought all the posters

You don't get 3 cents every time you post??

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

I said come in! posted:

Cant play Outriders because the servers keep going down, and the game requires a constant stable internet connection otherwise it boots you back to the main menu.

Now that's a quality April Fool's joke

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
AI The Somnium Files:

Pollyanna posted:

One thing is for sure: whatever route you take in the dreams changes reality.

:allears:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Help Im Alive posted:

Now that it's on console I'm downloading SA goty 2019 "Disco Elysium"

will it live up to the hype?!

I am usually extremely anti hype but DE really is that rare case where it's as good as everyone says. It's so dope and I'm not even very far yet

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
The combat in Atelier Ryza is weirdly confusing. Does the game ever get hard or will I be okay with barely understanding what's going on

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
O I've played plenty of a tillier games, I was specifically just talking about how the combat system in reisa is this weird pseudo real time confusing jumble of things , also you can thank googles voice recognition for the fact that a tillier is not spelled correctly in this post

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
And neither is reisa lol, I guess it's having a difficult time with my Irish accent

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

It's-a me, your nightmares come to life!

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Double posting is cool

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
and good

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Cardiovorax posted:

Yes? I mean, kids love that kind of stuff.

Okay ally sheedy in breakfast club :p

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Disaster Report 4 is one of those games where the walk speed is too slow and the dash speed is too fast :(

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

I do appreciate that it lets you flirt with literally everything that moves, even when you're playing as the naive schoolgirl lol

It's definitely a... unique game

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

it is, at the same time, a fuckin ride.

And it's a surprisingly long and convoluted ride with the best final scene in video game history

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

homeless snail posted:

everything's on a handheld now

the future... is in your hands now

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Disaster Report 4 second report

Lol what the heck is this game! It's like a cross between Deadly Premonition and Shenmue, only instead of kung fu or alternate dimensions there's falling buildings, and most of the time you're just involved in banal and absurd side stuff

I dunno who these games were made for other than me and, presumably, some segment of Japanese gamer

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
The first game I remember playing is Tag

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Convex posted:

Did you use any gamer words

No but we did play Cartoon Tag

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I cannot stress enough that "Cartoon Tag" has nothing to do with anime

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
What was the first game you were really proud of beating (without outside help)? For me it was wizardry 6. My mum played all the CRPGs that exist, and all the Sierra games, and I would always play the RPGs for like, 3 hours, mostly just making my party, and give up, but wizardry 6 was so hecking rad I made maps on graph paper and carefully min maxed my party of samurai cat man, badass human valkyrie girl, ninja fairy girl, wise elf bishop dude, and uh... I think a bard, because bards are mandatory, and... um... a fairy wizard?

Anyway I was like 8 and felt really smart :cool:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Mode 7 posted:

I'm continuing my journey through Dragon Quest XI S on GamePass and oh my god this is just the comfiest game. It's as if someone made A Really Good Cup Of Tea: The Videogame or A Pleasant Relaxing Bath: The Videogame. I like the bright, colourful world and adorable monster designs, I like the episodic-ish feeling nature of each chunk of the game. I like the easygoing nature of the battle system outside of boss fights and having team-mate AI that actually feels good enough to just leave them on 'Fight Wisely' and have them not act like complete idiots. I like the characters themselves - Sylvando is, as I'm sure many people will agree, the absolute greatest.

Same, same, same, same and same

Being able to grind for money or levels by having the AI just use literally the exact skills you'd use is so sweet

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

wuggles posted:

what's wrong with my photo?

Put a bird on it!

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
"I'm Batman" - Luigi

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Luigi secretly diverts mushroom kingdom funds to repair neighborhoods deemed unlivable due to insane Mario rampages

Luigi is a friend of the people and a communist

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Khanstant posted:

maybe im underestimating the power of walking into a big room and looknig around and being like "holy sh*t, these people all play videogames sometimes... just like me"

Tbh I'd hope they don't play them exactly like me

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Gaming peaked with Mass Effect 2

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I'm sitting here between work appointments and I would very much like a sandwich please and thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Xbox game pass!!!