Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Trios 19 15.32%
Christian vs Kaz 4 3.23%
Arcade Anarchy 96 77.42%
Tay and Shida vs Nyla and The Bunny 5 4.03%
Total: 124 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Opener was kinda weak, and the Nightmare Factory stuff wasn't hard hitting enough until the coup happened (really wanted Cody to get taken out hard in-ring before it all broke down), but after that the show just kept going up up up up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Not gonna post it, but Dax tweeted his stitches and, uh, he got busted REAL loving OPEN.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Tonight convinced me of Tay being a transitional champion, then Britt gets it at All Out.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Rarity posted:

I have been overlooked for too long but now it's my time to shine against the Sydals on the Youtube show

REACH

FOR THE

SKY
lower mid card

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

heel turn posted:

AHAHAHAHAHA

HHH: Are you going to let that Omega mark take all your heat?!
Lockerroom: no..
HHH: Are you going to let Baker step all over you?!
Cole: I mean

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Pylons posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnk-7tqxmRY&t=491s There's a clip of him talking about the match on twitch and if I was Kip I'd probably change my name and move to another state.

God i love this, i love this so much. It's an insane, unhinged... innocence almost. Just how he's not trying to be menacing talking birthday candles. If I was Kip i'd just swim my way back to the UK.

I think the Miro thing I liked the most is that if this was no-gimmicks just Miro vs OC and Chuck in the ring... Miro probably would've won. He's cemented in my head as a monster that can challenge for any belt whenever.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Apr 2, 2021

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Vince MechMahon posted:

I really like the idea of Cage leaving team Taz with the FTW belt, neither Ricky or Hobbs being able to get it off him, and Taz deploying Miro to get it back.

fuuuuuck, that'd be good.

Taz: we don' need you, Cage! We got a new beef golem and now everything will be fine!
Miro: *ready to eat Starks' ears*

Though I really hope Cage lands with Sting and Dahby. I think Dahby and him could be a solid tag team sometimes, and Sting's boys holding all the mid-card gold would be a strong image. But I guess Cage would need to finish his beef with Taz first, otherwise we're back to Sting talking and Taz interrupting.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I will only accept that if he starts wearing skinny jeans to blend in and then, when he reveals it was all a ruse, he does a squat to explode the pants off of him.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1378376756944588806

Schiavoner talks for seven minutes of the next week of AEW

PAC confirmed for hte house show

Cody: you have to be self-aware. I am the most aware wrestler on the planet.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Apr 3, 2021

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

That promo was definitely a bit heel, yeah.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

And pre-injury, Sky was stomping folks on DARK. Going after the Sydals for his first feud feels like he's barely stepping up.

Plus we all know that this is all going to end with Ethan Page betraying Sky by getting a PS5 and selling it to Spears.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I really think more people would be as pumped for QT as we are if Arn had turned with him. Would've felt like QT had taken just about everything but his direct family from under Cody.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Malcolm Excellent posted:

He's a real MJF

For a second I read that as heel MJF and that really made me think

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Does anyone have a gif or mp4 of Dr Luther hitting a Luther Bomb and Serpentico falling off the apron this week on Dark?

Also has he done a powerbomb before and have they called it a Luther Bomb? I was watching the show and saw him and screamed Luther Bomb as a goof, then Excalibur actually called it a Luther Bomb

https://twitter.com/TheOneBuzzard/status/1377350952236146689

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Penta was going to break his arm, thus get him on medical leave and that's the only way Cody would get parental leave to be with his daughter. Penta is a saint.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

duckdealer posted:

I hope we get a few Dustin Rhodes matches out of this angle!

Also why does this thread suck so bad the majority of the time? Just really unpleasant to read.

Because Triangulo de la Muerte doesn't have all the gold yet (PAC and Penta as tag team champs, Fenix as world champ, Laredo Kid as TNT champ. They could try and get Rosa in their club)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Spiderdrake posted:

I don't understand why the glove thing didn't transition into being in Pinnacle.

I mean the Chairman is a superior gimmick and all, but it felt like a now you're ready build and then... I quit?

But especially the part where Cody wanted to get hit in the head to bring chair shots back to the boys. That's the best part of the Chairman gimmick.

I think they were going to spin a whole angle out of Spears vs Sky that happened on November 11, but Sky got injured so the middle of the feud became the end and I'm guessing someone decided to just cut their losses and let Shawn sit it out until Pinnacle started.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

It's true, I saw it.

short but sweet BTE. But, man. I really like the Bucks in the ring, and everyone around them have great stories, but you could not make me care about a story that boils down to "two white guys used to be rude and are now having a crisis that being so successful in their careers has made them soft"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

AEW Dark: What If?

Fantasy angles, dream sequences, ghost of Full Gear Future, Fuego wins all the time. All Non-Canon. Then we get real wacky and Dark What If Fuego fights Real Moxley in a competitive match, or DWI D3 takes the FTW belt into the DWI Dimension

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1379186369407414279

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Mr. Squishy posted:

Does anyone have any guesses what would push a YouTube show back ten minutes?

They accidentally put two Dark matches in there and had to reupload. loving jeff.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I can see Paige letting his chance go by instead of acting on it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/KingSerpentico/status/1379401285028487172
a few neat matches but yooooo
Ryan Nemeth vs Fuego W/The Vlog Crew!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Seams posted:

Do people think AEW’s angles are in general:
- too drawn out
- paced well
- should be more drawn out than they are

Genuinely interested. I think they’re mostly paced well.

All of the above. Some stuff has more legs than they think, other stuff should've ended sooner, and a lot is paced really well.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Pylons posted:

https://twitter.com/AndradeElIdolo/status/1379428122471325696

Speaking of the AAA Megachampionship..

(Andrade saying he is interested in two things in AAA - Psycho Clown's mask and the megachampionship)

I would adore if part of Kenny's destruction were facing Andrade for the first time and losing el megacampeonato

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

ICR posted:

To elaborate, one of the coaches she cursed out and got in their face about was Jerry Lynn. One of her famous lines when she has been critiqued for matches is, “I know what I’m doing.”

Since she is only on a per-appearance deal, we’ll never know if she gets let go.

We'll know when she shows up in NXT, Paul and the vincels treat it as a huge win over AEW, and then we stop seeing her after 3 matches.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

On who he would want to face from Impact Wrestling: “There’s only one person, and that would be Mr. Ethan Page. Back in 2017—and this isn’t a storyline, this is real life—he broke my elbow with a shovel. I have a scar and a metal plate, it was documented on that Vice documentary called The Wrestlers. He’s the only one who has actually taken time off my career. So I would love to get in there and finish some business with him…but I got back at him. I picked him up from the airport, my friend who looks like a homeless crackhead was hiding at the gas station. Ethan doesn’t know this friend of mine. So, I picked up Ethan from the airport, was taking him to a wrestling show, my friend posed as a hitchhiker; I was like ‘Ethan, this guy’s hitchhiking, can I give him a ride?’ And Ethan’s like the nice guy so he said ‘absolutely.’ So Ethan is sitting shotgun, and my friend who’s a hitchhiker is sitting behind him. Halfway through the ride, my friend pulls a switchblade out on him and Ethan about had a heart attack. It was a good hour drive [before we told Ethan it was a rib.]”

On one hand, that's horrible. OTOH it's hilarious.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

StarkRavingMad posted:

She already was in NXT a long time ago, she was even in a tag team with Paige if I remember right. She only lasted a year because surprise, she didn't get along with the trainers. Although I think that was during the Bill Demott years, so she can't really be blamed for that. But I doubt they'd take her back either. Also they made her dye her hair blonde which is still pretty fuckin funny.

I always thought her ring work was pretty decent and she had a cool character in Lucha Underground, but she just can't stop deep sixing her own career. I feel like AEW was probably her last chance to work with any large promotion and imagine screwing that up because you aren't willing to listen to Jerry Lynn. Like, I understand wanting to stand up for yourself if you have experience and all, but she was looking pretty ring rusty when she came in and Jerry Lynn has literally been in the business about as long as she's been alive.

The lore of the evil ice

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

shiksa posted:

hell yea good for them thats awesome

put me down for not understanding the "sea stars" pun EVEN THO my ex and her sisters used to pronounce it the exact same way as an in joke lol

I finally loving got it!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I would also like to add that there shouldn't be more PPVs. Their cycle is pretty good right now imo, and the slightly larger break between Full Gear and Revolution makes the start of the year feel like a big renewal. The themed special Dynamites more than make up for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

In video form
https://twitter.com/OfficialTAZ/status/1379936713783529476

Praying for Hirsch, will be super okay with Miro.