Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Trios 19 15.32%
Christian vs Kaz 4 3.23%
Arcade Anarchy 96 77.42%
Tay and Shida vs Nyla and The Bunny 5 4.03%
Total: 124 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Lamuella posted:

You know, I sometimes hear people disparage AEW by calling it All Friends Wrestling, and I've never understood it.

Who wouldn't want to work for a company full of people they like?

Like, it they were only hiring people based on being friends, that would be a problem, but what seems to happen is that people join the company, have a positive time, and make friends there.

A lot of people online, especially twitter, are joyless and miserable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Great numbers for NXT this week. Really trash numbers for AEW. Hate to see it happen. But Kenny, Cody, and the Bucks just aren’t interesting to the mainstream audience meanwhile NXT is knocking it out of the park with LA Knight and that ghost thing. AEW is lucky that NXT is granting some mercy by moving because they’re on the verge of getting obliterated by the better product

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I’ll miss AEW but they catered to smarks too much in their booking. If you look at Raw, it’s booked for non smarks and it’s been a huge success for over 30 years.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

gh0stpinballa posted:

I guess some people may see the lower production values of AEW and how some of the wrestlers are older fatter versions of how they looked in WWE 15 years ago and feel depressed a bit? The dark hand of father time reaching out from the grave? And then the other wrestlers aren't exactly well known so the average viewer might be like, meh, I don't need this.

Makes sense, the casual viewers aren’t gonna recognize the wrestlers who have only been on AEW tv for the last year and a half. But they will recognize the wrestlers who have been on WWE tv for the last year and a half

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

things that caused the ratings to PLUMMET:

mox's gear
too many factions
too many unknown guys that weren't in wwe
kenny omega's title reign
the forbidden door
blood
too many guys that were in wwe
i don't know who these people on my tv are!!!!
catering to fans of the show
too many dives

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

gh0stpinballa posted:

I live AEW so far, think it generally owns. BUT. The lights out women's match was badly booked and exposed the business. Credit to both performers but it was way OTT and I would have preferred them to face each other in a slower paced main event match w psychology that let both of them spotlight their skills w/o the horribly dangerous spots.

you needed to build your gimmick longer

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Wouldn’t be surprised if Tony was angling to sell AEW to WWE after the whooping they just got on Wednesday

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pylons posted:

Yeah, I don't think Vince has ever really given a poo poo about AEW and might have just seen it as a challenge for his failson-in-law to overcome.

Vince spent time on an investor call trying to scare off advertisers from AEW so that doesn’t really track

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

The best friends are my favorite stable in wrestling right now

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Vince MechMahon posted:

OC is more of a TNT title guy.

TNT Title is for the 5th Best Friend, Zicky Dice

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

:same:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Quantum of Phallus posted:

you are right. Cody saw Penta was getting over as a singles guy so he had to banish him back to the tag realm

Just try to book the lead up to Cody VS QT without a steamroll victory over Penta where Cody no sells an arm breaker and immediately wins with a roll up afterwards. Can’t do it. Can’t be done.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Mr. Squishy posted:

It gives me no pleasure to report that Dustin has decided to become the joker.
https://twitter.com/dustinrhodes/status/1378542125932019712

The Lore of Dustin

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i like cody and it was cool when he did defended the tnt title every week. a lot of people seem to want weekly defenses back so the only logical answer is to put the tnt title back on cody

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

gotta save that for PPV, "The Actual Greatest Wrestling Match Ever"

and now i just realized christian's first feud back is a randy orton lookalike

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

JOHN CENA posted:

the 5 star cody matches probably also helps him get in the HOF

by "matches" are you correctly assuming that the final cody vs QT match will get 5 stars?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Oil! posted:

The difference between being work mad at Cody and shoot mad at Cody is that the latter is hilarious.

disregard, this appears to be a worked post

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

post your top 5 aew matches plz and thanks

i truly don't think i can boil it down to 5 without feeling like an incredible match has been unfairly left off.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Orange Carlisle posted:

Can we get like three more pages of match lists

sammy guevara: papa roach - she loves me not
lance archer: godsmack - awake
kenny omega: saliva - always

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

By what mechanism would we be able to see Jericho/MJF’s dreams?

Typically in wrestling, a mirror is involved

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

If WWE can make a white supremacist motorcycle enthusiast into a star then by golly AEW should be able to do it too

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

AEW is saving the use of a dream sequence for when Cody wrestles a shadowy figure named Legacy for 45 minutes across different NWA and WCW arenas, with Downstait playing his theme the entire time

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Vince MechMahon posted:

This guy gets it. AEW has a wrestler who is possessed by an ancient alien who used to hang out with Jesus, for fucks sake, guys lol.

It’s well established those were all grape induced fever dreams that Matt was having

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Dave confirmed this is happening on WOR

He never said that

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2021/04/06/aew-dynamite-mike-tyson-tony-khan

Mike Tyson is coming back to Dynamite

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pylons posted:

Weird, I guess he's picking another fight with Jericho? Would be cool if he did something with Ogogo though.

Him and Ogogo are both gonna punch Cody in the gut

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

Tony trying to hotshot against NXT the last week of this stupid war, lmao

It’s more likely to do with TNT wanting to get some eyes for the OneFC debut after Dynamite tomorrow

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pylons posted:

The Gooch has been banned from Daily's Place.

Was that Linda Hogans nickname?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i cant believe there was a satisfying answer to that question

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Malcolm Excellent posted:

EX: UN BEE LEEVEABLE ! THAT'S THE KING OF BIG RED BALLS! WIPEOUTS OWN, JOHN CENE!

Taz: you know I have big red balls too, Excalibur... But I digress.

Both:. D'hohohohohohoh

Cena signing with AEW but then becoming the workhorse and exclusive feature of Dark would be great

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I’m willing to negotiate a deal:

6 PPVs but 3 are on HBO Max, 3 are paid PPVs

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Vince MechMahon posted:

It is cheaper to buy a month of HBO Max than a ppv.

But what is the cost of remembering another account login?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pylons posted:

They said it'll be at Daily's.

I’m heavily considering going to this. I’ll be fully vaxxed weeks before then, and I really really need to start doing things that are fun again :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Vandar posted:

I don't get this one.

Sisters