Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Question.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 76 50.67%
No. 74 49.33%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

pantslesswithwolves posted:

The Newsmax journalist who claimed smoking weed once caused him to black out for four days and wake up in Nairobi is also a Biden Dogs truther.

Oh, he was being serious?

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

What was the scandal where some creeplord politician/celebrity (?) pretty much exposed themselves by breaking the scandal on Twitter, and some investigative journalist crack-pinged because they had been developing the story on that person for years and then went "AND YOU'RE GONNA JUST ADMIT TO IT ON TWITTER?!?"

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

Skip to 0:13.

Just trust me.

As someone with 8 knee-surgeries in my history - the last of which being an infragenual supracondylar valgus osteotomy - i would like to point out that everything before 0:13 gave me excruciating pain.

Just trust me.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/1378005545718800388

Skip to 0:28 if you don't want the preamble.

Edit: twitter also notes that this sounds like straight J.K. Simmons as Cave Johnson in Portal 2

I mean, lol and all, but Boehner can still get hosed.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

BARK BARK tic, tic, tic, tic BARK BARK

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I never heard Boat's dog in six full years, I'm not entirely sure it's made up :thunk:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Happy Easter, i guess?

:(

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah gently caress the both of 'em, I hope the LT makes bank out of this and those two cops are out of a job over it.

Seriously, jesus loving christ.

Those cops know they have bodycams / vehicle cams recording them and this is the conduct they think is the right way to go?

This is a perfect example of that systemic bullshit.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

MA-Horus posted:

Congrats USA, Canada is officially loving up COVID worse than you guys now due to some absolute morons running Ontario and Alberta.

We're getting over 4k cases daily, can't vaccinate our way outta this.

We're getting 20k cases per day at only twice your population.
And we have a whopping 5 Million people fully vaccinated out of 80 million...

It's the middle of April.

:suicide:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

mlmp08 posted:

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/1381089330911928320?s=21

Doing a very bad impression of his own dad to hype a Jake Paul boxing match.

Holy poo poo, they actually booked that "fight"?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I let that Askren v. Paul "fight" go through my head a couple of times, and I'm having trouble figuring out who to feel bad for.
It's not either of them, because both are just personified Fremdscham, but "I feel bad for boxing" crossed my mind, and then I remembered that boxing has devolved into a clownshow rife with corruption over the past couple of decades, so it's not that either.

I guess I feel bad for the people that are seeing their sweet science circling the shitter on capitalism-lifesupport. Like...Freddie Roach, I guess?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I genuinely wasn't.

My hopes are on the new Biontech plant in Marburg, which passed its process series in March and has gone to full capacity production before the beginning of April. They're planning on outputting 250 million doses from that plant* alone by June.
A large portion of what our vaccination centers will be poking people with during the second half of March will be supplied from there, so that should give our numbers another bit of a jolt.

Full disclosure: Since the vaccines begun distribution/administering via general practitioners over easter, we've seen our daily doses pretty much double/triple from a measly 200-300k to 500-700k, so we're not completely in the toilet, but I'm still bitter as all gently caress over the lovely start we had to this year due to supply issues.

*The plant is just cooking up the good stuff, bottling/packaging is done at the Pfizer plant in Belgium

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Iain posted:

Boxing itself is actually a lot of fun and I recommend it to people that want to work out with some form of training in mind. ie not trying to be the best at exercising (crossfit). If I wasn't still nursing this knee injury I wanted to get back into training. I still really want a reflex bag, footwork was always my weakest part.

I think watching boxing is a lot like watching wrestling you either like it and appreciate the art or you just don't. I like both so... :shrug: But I can't name any current high profile boxers except Canelo or Mayweather whereas I could tell you what I think about most of the AEW roster by name. And these stupid gimmick fights, unless they are for charity, aren't helping boxing as a sport.

Oh yeah, didn't mean to say that boxing as a sport itself is a corrupt Shitshow, just the money-spectacle part of it that is dragging the essence of the sport into the gutter.

Folks like mcgregor are just as guilty as YouTubers for this massive moneyweight-trend, as legit boxers taking those fights.

Askren vs. Paul however...you can't even use the word legit in that equation. :lol:

Whoever wins, uh...everyone loses.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

If you’re talking about HBO’s Q: Into the Storm, it’s pretty good. Cullen Hoback is a good interviewer, and got most of the major people who benefited from Q on camera. He also got a lot of interview time with Ron Watkins, and catches Ron throughout saying absolutely stupid things that make it obvious he’s lying (beyond that clip that was floating around a week or two back).

Is this that documentary from that clip where some guy not-quite-accidentally admitted that he's been pretending to be this Q guy since the get-go?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

There's a really important shipment for me on the Ever Given, and her getting delayed (like all other stuck traffic) was already causing massive headaches for me and people that earn several times my salary, so the news of her getting seized made a bunch of folks bleed from the eyeballs today when I casually broke the news from WaPo before they had heard of it.

But it's all good, I don't have to worry about it for the near future because I got put on sick leave this afternoon for a potentially slipped disc.

:smith:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Someone help me out here because I'm somewhat surprised: Are they "throwing her to the wolves" (i.e. doing what should be done in every loving case) because she's a woman and thus probably not a member of the tightly-knit alpha-male good-ole-boys club in the department, or am I completely off-target here?
Because I can't seem to recall a precedent for an incident where the course of action by a PD went from "lol poo poo happens" to "whoops, this is real lovely publicity" due to the media coverage.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

Nah, she's 100% a member of the good-ole-boys club, she's the local Union President! And the Police Chief defended the hell out of her to start with!

This is all because there's video, it's obvious negligence, and the "whoopsiedoodle, killed a black kid by accident, she's so very sorry" defense just doesn't work when there's plain video everyone can see and Minnesota is already on edge to lovely cops with the Chauvin case being tried right now.

Welp. I mean, in my defense, I guess I expected Matryoshka-doll-levels of shittiness.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

https://twitter.com/statuscoup/status/1382356917675294725?s=21

Honestly looks a lot worse than anything I ever saw out of Hong Kong

America having a normal one...

(:psypop:)

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

ded posted:

cops love slashing tires

I mean, so do I...but I get paid for it, and there's no aspect of property damage or civil rights violation involved

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

silvergoose posted:

This video, by the way, is up for a Hugo award this year.

I thought you were kidding

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I just read "bronycon" and immediately rolled my eyes.

Gimme a minute, I'll watch it

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I just watched Askren vs. Paul on a whim, I'm not sure I can take this

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

At first I was like "Oh christ, now this rear end in a top hat's never gonna shut up" but then I realised I can just choose to never see or hear about him ever and I felt better :shrug:

Wow, bit rude :(

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

hahaha just to clarify I was talking about Jake Paul :cripes:

I know :)

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I don't feel like clicking that, can you vaguely describe what it was in a way that won't make anyone projectile-vomit?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I, uh...have a quite different understanding of "hilarious".

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

:pray:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Natty Ninefingers posted:

i thought OJ Simpson was fast?
(not that I really have any capacity to remember the details)

Heckyeah, it was.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Baconroll posted:

So..theres a tv show in Iraq where they pretend to be ISIS and kidnap celebs, put suicide vests on them and tell them they are going to be executed - all for the benefit for viewers as a 'prank' :dogbutton:

Sorry for the Daily Fail link,

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9495115/Outcry-Iraq-TV-fake-ISIS-fighters.html

The whole thing's up on YouTube in that article's link.

And hooo-leee poo poo :allbuttons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJMEduyyBFc

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Roughly once per year, I dive into a Eric-Andre-related-videos binge on YouTube thinking "lol, I know his schtick, it's just gonna be more of the same, not gonna laugh this time", and I fail every time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6V9EtS0Y0s

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

My initial reaction was "well, that's just 8 German-sized beers, a hefty load, but at least not someone downing a bottle of vodka, bit concerning that they're just drinking by themselves in their room".

My second reaction was "hold the gently caress on, they're doing this after work...every day??" :stare:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I'm genuinely trying to figure out what this guy thought he understood about CyberPunk before tweeting.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Uh...

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

:psypop:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

It's now time for creativity when it comes to getting doses in arms, now that supply is outpacing demand:

https://twitter.com/seungminkim/status/1387419723529392133?s=19

https://twitter.com/omarisankofa/status/1387422221317050370?s=19

Sorry for needing a double-take on this as we're only averaging a bit above 400,000 doses per day over here, but did I read that right and folks (I'm assuming on the conservative side of the spectrum) in the US now need a loving financial incentive to get vaccinated?

:cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

Young people have been fed that this is the boomer remover and they don't need to get vaccinated. Skeptics think it's all a hoax and won't listen to any semblance of reason. The American media is set up to let you believe whatever you want to believe. Everyone even close to the fence has been vaccinated already or has appointments. So, decision makers have to get creative to get that last few percent.

We're dumb.

So, basically, the problem is ~THE ROGAN FACTOR~