Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Stars gonna make the playoffs this year

lol, got you! April fools! :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Big "kill me, please" energy from the California King duckshark

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Nice of Walmart to do something for their employees.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Iodised QQ posted:

Pretty much what you have to do to score when Leo komarov is your full time left wing

But really I feel like Barzal could do this 5 times a game if he wanted to, there aren't many people in the league capable of doing this but he's one of them

Still pissed at nill for passing on him

Still laughing at Boston passing on him 3 times in a row lol

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Torts is such a loving baby it's great.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Goddamn it, Canada.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Got a flyer from my ward councilor and they're still working on 70+ year olds in the biggest city in Canada. Shits a loving joke at this point.

Khudobin in the covid protocol. Guess he was one of the like 3 dudes that didn't get it already.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

clean ayers act posted:

Today i listed to the NBC announcers wax on for 5 minutes about how Luke Glendening should definitely be on team USA in the olympics. Like holy poo poo, what

Hey, tbf he got a point as Detroit *checks* beat? *checks* Tampa?! *checks*5-1 the gently caress?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

St Louis alts leaked loving early.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Everything about that tweet is poo poo except for the sweet staches.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Also, since the guy tweeting this isn't from that era it means the op is a bitch made non-man of their own admission. What a loving loser.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

DildenAnders posted:

Why are Blues fans complaining? You guys won your Cup, now it's time to eat poo poo. The Islanders basically haven't stopped since 1985. It was still worth it.

It's because they suck.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Mike_V posted:

Yeah. I'm happy they won the Cup and love the team but they are really loving bad and I want them to improve, apparently that is not OK? The worst part is they're bad because of Doug Armstrong's boneheaded decision-making w/r/t letting Pietrangelo go in favor of signing a bunch of bad defensemen. They're also going to be bad because of the unnecessary contracts given out to: Faulk (extension signed after like 5 GP and shut the door on Pietrangelo being able to re-sign), Binnington, and Krug.

I meant that you sucked Lol, j/k ur a good poster

It's like bitching about that awful binnington contract. It's terrible and funny to see and I'd hate it on my team but, uh, he helped get that cup and for many of us that's a once in a lifetime (if ever) so, uh, yeah give him all the money who cares.

But I see where you're coming from. Sucks to see a team that should be good be real bad.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

So what's funnier: Hall going to like the Pens or Colorado and putting up crazy numbers or putting up the same stat line he's been making GBS threads out all season?

Also, I watched the lat few game throughout and the Stars are... getting better? They're still pretty good in their own end and are surviving the Oittenger show and guys like hints and Robertson are playing lights out. Miro still seems off/hurt and the D could contribute more overall but they haven't look as completely lost as they did early in the season. That said, I'm 100% sure they're about to go on a Bowness special 10 game skid so it's all moot. Still, last two weeks they've looked somewhere between "not wholly terrible" and "uh, maybe a bit good?". :iiam:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Eric the Mauve posted:

I am shocked, shocked, that Ben Bishop is injured

They replaced his hips

with Prince Rupert's Drops.

Anyway, I think the nail on the head is they look like they never stopped playing (in a bad way). But I've seen some light these last couple weeks, so hopefully some of the underlying goodness will shine. And some of these kids are gonna be studs (I also Stan for Robertson).

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Shinjobi posted:

Truly I'm just loving worried Hintz is pushing himself through something he shouldn't. If he's about to turn a corner in his career I don't want him to gently caress it up trying to will a first round exit into happening.

Yeah, that's a fair concern. Seguin probably hosed himself long term by playing through so much in the playoffs.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

xzzy posted:

And don't forget there's a giant bone right under that incision too. Getting to the heart is kind of a big deal!

Then how come hank gets to mine so easily?

E: Where's the loving Hall trade? Do something, Buffalo.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Pffft, Canada is guaranteed a spot in at least the final fo- never mind all the teams are dead or Ottawa.

Still floored Canada messed this up and Texas and Florida are just chugging along.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Oh, I know America is a poo poo show but the biggest kid on the block gets to take what they want, unfortunately. Just if before the seasons started you called an entire team getting mega covid and another probably about to go down to a similar fate, I'd have guessed the central. Texas, Floridas, and a Carolina? Woof.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

"this is subject to changes"

"I did not just pull this from my rear end"

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Otis Reddit posted:

If you're Buffalo, with a lame-duck interim coach, a zombie roster, and limited gate revenue, why not race to the bottom and grab the highest picks possible?

Buffalo doesn't have to race to be at the bottom.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Gimme that Hall news already. I wanna see him for for a 3rd and a bust then put up $GOALs

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

fisting by many posted:

Those were good times.

Ah, if only losing to Boston and LA didn't give Aquilini brain poisoning.

The money did that

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Powershift posted:

Benning could probably get Jeff Skinner for a 6th round pick. Somebody mention that to him.

Lol, take that unrealistic poo poo back to hf boards

Benning will obviously offer up a 1st+

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Wait, are you telling me Skinner has a bad contract? Well I never.

(the joke was that Benning is a moron who loves "franchise killing" contracts)

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Duck Rodgers posted:

Maybe someone can enlighten me, but how do they know causality re infection at the restaurant? I get multiple cases have been identified from the restaurant, but is it not possible gaudette was the initial entry point, and that he was the source for the other cases at the restaurant?

To answer your questions:

Duck Rodgers posted:

multiple cases have been identified from the restaurant

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

DildenAnders posted:

Does anyone have anything even close to a source on Fox being a chud/rear end in a top hat? I don't want another Rangers D-man Qing themselves out if existence.

Dude, his family founded Fox news. It's bad.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Furnaceface posted:

Who cares about the Leafs lets talk about this years most likely Stanley Cup Champions, the New York Islanders.

They are the least cool New York team and I hope they dont win.

... I think you're forgetting about something

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Yaya posted:

I hope he's Allen Iverson levels of charismatic. Lord knows hockey needs it

I'd settle for being reliably-able-to-pass-a-Turing-test levels of charismatic.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

You guys are bad at geography

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

How many season has he been in Buffalo? Ah, I see.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

So does this mean Hall goes for a pair of firsts or a single fourth rounder?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

What fridge guy did Tampa get last year for a 1st? We all laughed, but, I mean, it worked.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

ThinkTank posted:

https://twitter.com/Jimmy10Hayes/status/1381588457630359554?s=19

Happy deadline day everyone! May your teams be less awful than mine.

.... What? He's bad but they traded back for him Bowness seems to like him a lot too.

I mean, cool if true but... Why?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

fawning deference posted:

Oleksiak is quietly a good value D, in the higher echelon of defensive metrics. If he's played in a bottom pair role, he'll be just fine.

Post all the heat maps you want he's not very good. Fine on the pk and bottom minutes but every coach seems to need him to play 20+ a night against good opponents. If he's gone I won't miss him, regardless of the return.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

How about a guy who is really bad at transition and joining the offence but loves to do it anyway? Again, if you put him on the pk and 15 mins a night against not the top line and he stays in his own end he's fine but with the Stars he's invariably been a top minutes defender.

I hope he fetched more than Hall lol

Okay, fine his goal in the finals and that feed to Perry was pretty sweet but he's still not v good.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Thread title if I've ever seen one.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

So plague, severe weather events, and civil unrest so far have cancelled games this year. Can't wait to see a game PPD due to packs of roaming, feral dogs.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

th3t00t posted:

Sabres.:tif:

Out: Hall, Montour, Staal, Lazar

In: 2nd, 2x 3rds, 5th and Bjork

I'm sure our well respected scouting department will choose some great players in the draft with these picks! And then properly develop them like all of our other prospects!

:negative:

That's a very weak return for Hall, rental or not.

... it's what now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Is Hall playing tonight? Gonna be great if he torches the Sabres lol