Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

DildenAnders posted:

Marc Staal is such a traffic cone he literally has the same coloration of one. Any team that trades for him deserves should apologize to their goalie in advance.

When you put it like that he sounds like a Penguin already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/NYRangers/status/1379870842025312263

Buch doing unpaid labor smh

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

inferis posted:

It still bothers me a little bit that when people talk about good contracts vs bad contracts they mean getting more value from their labor than they are paying the player

This is pro sports, not heavily exploited migrant fruit pickers. You're allowed to discuss whether a guy in the entertainment industry is worth 175 times the average American salary or 155 times the average American salary and not be branded a class traitor.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

inferis posted:

It still bothers me a little bit that when people talk about good contracts vs bad contracts they mean getting more value from their labor than they are paying the player

The players are rich, they’re the enemy.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

The 500+ people who are the only reason anyone watches the sport making less money combined than 32 people seems pretty unfair.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Matt Zerella posted:

hold up, a turbo chad from Long Island?!?!?!?

wait, gently caress

Yes, we grow turbo chads and turbo chuds out here. The Trump rallies on the L.I.E was a huge bumper crop.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
i hate my team, the maple leafs, so much i hope they trade for jack johnson

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Making fun of the Leafs salary structure is officially class traitorism, good to know

Arivia posted:

i hate my team, the maple leafs, so much i hope they trade for jack johnson

That’s wild

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

inferis posted:

The 500+ people who are the only reason anyone watches the sport making less money combined than 32 people seems pretty unfair.

The NHL has a 50/50 revenue split*.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Long live the King.

https://russianmachineneverbreaks.c...ht-of-his-life/

Good 12 minute interview in that article to watch.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Cartoon Man posted:

Long live the King.

https://russianmachineneverbreaks.c...ht-of-his-life/

Good 12 minute interview in that article to watch.

That’s one hell of an incision.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Jovial Cow posted:

That’s one hell of an incision.

And don't forget there's a giant bone right under that incision too. Getting to the heart is kind of a big deal!

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

xzzy posted:

And don't forget there's a giant bone right under that incision too. Getting to the heart is kind of a big deal!

Then how come hank gets to mine so easily?

E: Where's the loving Hall trade? Do something, Buffalo.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Fastest way to a man's heart is through his eyes?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’m trying to wrap my head around how Hank is fighting hard to get back on the Caps in time for the playoffs.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

DildenAnders posted:

Marc Staal is such a traffic cone he literally has the same coloration of one. Any team that trades for him deserves should apologize to their goalie in advance.

This is a team that traded 2x2nd round picks for 1 Douglas 'dog' Murray traffic cone extraordinaire. The team now has Brian Burke as a big part of its front office. A team that willingly added Jack 'mother fucker' Johnson AND Erik Gudbranson to their defensive core. There is no defenseman lovely enough they won't think about trading for them.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Koopa Kid posted:

Making fun of the Leafs salary structure is officially class traitorism, good to know

That’s wild

if the leafs win the stanley cup i lose the self-hatred and spite that ties me to my father's memory

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Arivia posted:

if the leafs win the stanley cup i lose the self-hatred and spite that ties me to my father's memory

Don't worry

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

rex rabidorum vires posted:

This is a team that traded 2x2nd round picks for 1 Douglas 'dog' Murray traffic cone extraordinaire. The team now has Brian Burke as a big part of its front office. A team that willingly added Jack 'mother fucker' Johnson AND Erik Gudbranson to their defensive core. There is no defenseman lovely enough they won't think about trading for them.

And you didn't even mention Ron Hainsey. Or Rob Scuderi's dessicated corpse.

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
My conspiracy brain is telling me that the Leafs are trying to put Andersen on LTIR until the playoffs and the vagueness and multiple medical opinions are him fighting it.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/LeafsPR/status/1379904330728357892

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Ah yes, I know how this one ends.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

It's good that there isn't currently a significant case showing that on-ice transmission is possible. Otherwise playing tonight might be imprudent.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hand Knit posted:

It's good that there isn't currently a significant case showing that on-ice transmission is possible. Otherwise playing tonight might be imprudent.

not only possible but like... perfectly encapsulated in such a way as to make it more likely

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Pffft, Canada is guaranteed a spot in at least the final fo- never mind all the teams are dead or Ottawa.

Still floored Canada messed this up and Texas and Florida are just chugging along.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Cocaine Bear posted:

Still floored Canada messed this up and Texas and Florida are just chugging along.

Entirely due to insane American protectionism and massive domestic vaccine production capabilities that Canada lacks. From an overall perspective, Canada is miles ahead of any US state. We just don't have the same levels of vaccination yet. The USA has been mostly spared by the worst variants so far too.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Cocaine Bear posted:

Pffft, Canada is guaranteed a spot in at least the final fo- never mind all the teams are dead or Ottawa.

It's not so much a "Canada did it worse" more that "the variant hit there first"
this is all coming for us down in the states
It's already wrecking Michigan
It's just a matter of time

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Flocons de Jambon posted:

My conspiracy brain is telling me that the Leafs are trying to put Andersen on LTIR until the playoffs and the vagueness and multiple medical opinions are him fighting it.

LTIR in this case is weird, iirc going above the cap means salary cap space and the salaries on the team aren’t pro-rated the same way and so if they LTIR Andersen before making any moves the Leafs don’t really end up with any advantage to their cap situation. Basically if you’re $2M under the cap at the deadline a $4M salary is a $1M salary pro-rated, but if you’re into LTIR for $4M adding a $4M salary counts as that entire $4M.

Also come on Willy, gently caress off with this

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Oh, I know America is a poo poo show but the biggest kid on the block gets to take what they want, unfortunately. Just if before the seasons started you called an entire team getting mega covid and another probably about to go down to a similar fate, I'd have guessed the central. Texas, Floridas, and a Carolina? Woof.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Tampa Bay probably reached herd immunity from the cup parade alone.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
https://twitter.com/dalter/status/1379905637384138754

Matthews has already been through this, at least, I guess.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Island Nation posted:

Yes, we grow turbo chads and turbo chuds out here. The Trump rallies on the L.I.E was a huge bumper crop.

I'm joking and familiar with it. I'm from the south shore and I got to see that Trump caravan in person on my way back from Shelter Island back in the fall.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/1379909639723225090

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Winnipeg plays Montreal tomorrow, so it could take out 3 of 4 playoff teams

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
The team that makes it out of the North will be drafted from all teams within the division and their available healthy players.

The NHL will name that team the Canadians.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Misanthrope posted:

The team that makes it out of the North will be drafted from all teams within the division and their available healthy players.

The NHL will name that team the Canadians.

* Scotia Bank Canadians Presented By Exxon-Mobil

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

prop their corpses up on the ice

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015

Koopa Kid posted:

LTIR in this case is weird, iirc going above the cap means salary cap space and the salaries on the team aren’t pro-rated the same way and so if they LTIR Andersen before making any moves the Leafs don’t really end up with any advantage to their cap situation. Basically if you’re $2M under the cap at the deadline a $4M salary is a $1M salary pro-rated, but if you’re into LTIR for $4M adding a $4M salary counts as that entire $4M.

Also come on Willy, gently caress off with this

Yeah, the whole Freddy vs. the Team narrative is just me having fun, but I do think they could put Freddy on LTIR on trade deadline day.

They're accumulating space right now, and Cap Friendly has them at $485,162 deadline space. I don't know if they can use that space + Freddy LTIR space, or if it's either or. I thought LTIR just stopped you from accumulating more cap space, not stopping you from using cap space already accumulated.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Cocaine Bear posted:

Seventeen Stars tested positive back in January. They've more or less got herd immunity at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Hand Knit posted:

https://twitter.com/dalter/status/1379905637384138754

Matthews has already been through this, at least, I guess.

Reinfection is rare but possible