Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

The Antipaladins of LeBron are sickos and the Lakers deserve another championship to punish them some more.

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
It's gonna be a really good class, but 03 is probably a top 3 draft of all time (alongside 96 and 84)

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/status/1380189818945081344

Congrats to McLemore for being first guard off the bench tonight

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

duodenum posted:

As much as I'd like to come in here at bitch about Basketball Reasons, CP3 to LAL (who would lose Gasol and Odom in the deal) probably wouldn't have led to any more rings for Kobe, as much as we Lakers fans would like to believe.

The season after the Great Fuckening by David Stern was Dallas' win over Miami. Kobe, CP3, and Bynum (if he was still motivated) might have been a problem for Dallas, but who knows what the roster would have looked like in subsequent months after the trade went through. After that was Miami x2, then it was that great Spurs run, then Golden State exploded (before KD).

Unless there was some move after Kobe + CP3, I'm not sure using my delorean to go back and delete Basketball Reasons would have led to more ringzz.

I mean, after the CP3 trade, they still had all of the pieces that they moved in the trade for Dwight

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

JackBandit posted:

How does a team get two all stars, a 6moty, a dpoty, and finish like 11 th in a terrible East? I don’t get Indy.

Getting a combined 23 games out of Oladipo and Lavert certainly doesn't help

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

I Before E posted:

Who do you see as the current 6th man frontrunners? I think Jordan Clarkson has to be in there, averaging 17 points off the bench on the best team in the league, but maybe there are better candidates.

Harrell's numbers have gone up a lot in AD's absence, he's up to 15&7 on 63% FG

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://mobile.twitter.com/nba_paint/status/1380177293058924546

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

euphronius posted:

Yeah that’s fair . Who would trade for him tho ? He’s breaking down already

Not that I think he is gonna get traded, but Portland would be an awesome landing spot. Only team out west that needs a big and still has most of their picks.

But it feels cruel to think about sending a big to Portland

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Dejan Bimble posted:

Like him or dislike him he was a top 5 in the nba defender for their whole run. Pretending a guy is bad because you dont like his persona is for noobies

No one gave a shot about what Tayshaun Prince had to say

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Sheed would be an absurdly good player in the modern NBA

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

big boi posted:

I woke up today to find out first that the Nuggets lost, then that Murray's knee blew up, and then that it was during garbage time. Unbelievable

I mean, if Murray made that shot, it would have been a 5 point game with a minute left. That's not exactly a blowout, most coaches would still have their starters in

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Senator Drinksalot posted:

I was never that impressed with that Lakers trade package. Ingram and Ball still have not moved the needle at all. Mid level or below players for AD and pick swaps, not great.

You think a guy scoring 24ppg on 40% from 3 is a Midlevel guy?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

MourningView posted:

The whole race to see who can tweet a transaction three seconds faster thing is just wildly uninteresting to me in general, no idea why anyone thinks it matters. Woj also sucks and is way overvalued, but at least he seems to kind of have some sort of personality, Shams might as well be a bot he exists entirely to be retweeted a lot and brings literally nothing else to the table

Though it was hilarious when he scooped the entire world on Trump having covid

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1383161102184415235?s=21

Sprained ankle

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Lockback posted:

And he got called for a moving screen late in the 4th when Denver was making their initial comeback. And he clanged like 4 jumpers in OTs. He really did everything he could to lose that game for Memphis.

Kobe!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

The Maestro posted:

All time Bruh moment: David Thorpe on the newest Lowe Post has Zion Williamson as his MIP. He played 24 games last year. Sorry man you need to actually play more than a third of a season if you’re going to be eligible for MIP. Astoundingly stupid take.

I dont believe in giving MIP to second year players in general

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Katana_Warrior posted:

clutchpoints breaking some very important news while nothing else is going on

https://twitter.com/ClutchPointsApp/status/1385044632162078724

Isn't gatorade already vegan? Its not like they're putting actual gators in it

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://mobile.twitter.com/nba_paint/status/1386329787623485441

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Empty quote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

morestuff posted:

I forget, did it turn out that the Lakers didn't want him back? I seem to remember him trying to play it off like he was spurning them but otherwise it'd be like five teams in a row that couldn't wait to get rid of him

I think he expected to get the same kind of backup role behind Gasol and then left when he realized he was going to be the 3rd stringer behind Trezz