Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Spacebump posted:

Most of it seems to be based off of inopportune nut punching.

I find this mildly endearing, but maybe it's something that can only be appreciated if you're similarly filled with a simmering rage at constantly being surrounded by taller people with less basketball IQ than you. We all have our burdens!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Clippers cp3 had games where every possession he either flopped or yelled at the ref. He has calmed down considerably since then.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

MourningView posted:

also just generally seems like kind of a jerk and is a big crybaby and those commericals fuckin stink

I find Jake from State Farm's formless biceps to be extremely off-putting and the only salve is CP3's genuine acting abilities. At least he doesn't mumble his way through a commercial like Mahomes and Rodgers.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

yea what it’s very easy to dislike Chris Paul

but whenever Giannis is posted online every comment is “how can you hate this man” when I never actually see the hate

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1380250433927573504

My liege is so cheesy

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Which Presti draft pick that isn't sure what shape a basketball is going to score 25 and spoil the return of LeBron?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Rick posted:

Which Presti draft pick that isn't sure what shape a basketball is going to score 25 and spoil the return of LeBron?

This guy https://twitter.com/AndrewKSchlecht/status/1380275169013420035?s=19

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

electrochemistry -1

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

nikosoft posted:

How can anyone hate CP3? He's short and petty and his commercials are actually mildly funny.

How dare you say anything nice about State Farm commercials. They are the bane of everyone's existence.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The State Farm commercials are a little more amusing to me now knowing that Paul and Harden hated each other

Also Paul and DeAndre Jordan?

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

As much as I'd like to come in here at bitch about Basketball Reasons, CP3 to LAL (who would lose Gasol and Odom in the deal) probably wouldn't have led to any more rings for Kobe, as much as we Lakers fans would like to believe.

The season after the Great Fuckening by David Stern was Dallas' win over Miami. Kobe, CP3, and Bynum (if he was still motivated) might have been a problem for Dallas, but who knows what the roster would have looked like in subsequent months after the trade went through. After that was Miami x2, then it was that great Spurs run, then Golden State exploded (before KD).

Unless there was some move after Kobe + CP3, I'm not sure using my delorean to go back and delete Basketball Reasons would have led to more ringzz.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

duodenum posted:

As much as I'd like to come in here at bitch about Basketball Reasons, CP3 to LAL (who would lose Gasol and Odom in the deal) probably wouldn't have led to any more rings for Kobe, as much as we Lakers fans would like to believe.

The season after the Great Fuckening by David Stern was Dallas' win over Miami. Kobe, CP3, and Bynum (if he was still motivated) might have been a problem for Dallas, but who knows what the roster would have looked like in subsequent months after the trade went through. After that was Miami x2, then it was that great Spurs run, then Golden State exploded (before KD).

Unless there was some move after Kobe + CP3, I'm not sure using my delorean to go back and delete Basketball Reasons would have led to more ringzz.

I mean, after the CP3 trade, they still had all of the pieces that they moved in the trade for Dwight

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Jesus christ I turned TNT on too early what the gently caress

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

Jesus christ I turned TNT on too early what the gently caress

lol

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

ex post facho posted:

electrochemistry -1

Amazing reference

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

The State Farm commercials are bad, but compared to Geico commercials they're the "Just Gonna Send It" video

Quixote
Feb 22, 2005

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Indiana stinks . They aren’t getting 6moty or dpoy

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
How does a team get two all stars, a 6moty, a dpoty, and finish like 11 th in a terrible East? I don’t get Indy.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

euphronius posted:

Indiana stinks . They aren’t getting 6moty or dpoy

Who do you see as the current 6th man frontrunners? I think Jordan Clarkson has to be in there, averaging 17 points off the bench on the best team in the league, but maybe there are better candidates.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

JackBandit posted:

How does a team get two all stars, a 6moty, a dpoty, and finish like 11 th in a terrible East? I don’t get Indy.

Getting a combined 23 games out of Oladipo and Lavert certainly doesn't help

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

JackBandit posted:

The Pacers will never win a championship. Pretending our players are close to award winners is what we have.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Brunson is having a good year

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

I Before E posted:

Who do you see as the current 6th man frontrunners? I think Jordan Clarkson has to be in there, averaging 17 points off the bench on the best team in the league, but maybe there are better candidates.

Harrell's numbers have gone up a lot in AD's absence, he's up to 15&7 on 63% FG

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I am sad to say that Grant Williams is decidedly not an NBA player and should not be getting 15+ minutes a game.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I mean McConnell is a point guard who doesn’t shoot 3s? How valuable is that ? That’s totally ancient in today’s nba

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

euphronius posted:

I mean McConnell is a point guard who doesn’t shoot 3s? How valuable is that ? That’s totally ancient in today’s nba

https://twitter.com/Pacers/status/1379977326121914369

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm CP3 fan #1 on this forum but I totally acknowledge he's a very dislikable player sometimes and it's not a mystery as to why.

I also agree with Metapod that he whined a LOT more during the LA days, though. I kinda think it's a mixture of age and the fact that he probably got humbled by some of the aforementioned playoff collapses and whatnot.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

it's probably also that he played with harden and saw what that kind of player looks like from the outside

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Declan MacManus posted:

it's probably also that he played with harden and saw what that kind of player looks like from the outside

:lol: I didn't think of that but you probably tell no lies on that one.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I Before E posted:

cam payne

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i didn't like the bad poo poo cp3 did before we got him and now he doesn't do it, and obviously my judgement is biased but this year, in a vacuum, he's not really hateable.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
https://twitter.com/TrillBroDude/status/1380289746321219589?s=20

lmao

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

I Before E posted:

It will be clarkson but it should be ingles

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/kpelton/status/1380337179826692097

BULLS CHAMPS BABY???

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Luke Walton everybody
https://twitter.com/James_HamNBCS/status/1380331985890119681

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

The battle for steak is heating up

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Working on a theory that cp3 is Evrart Claire from Disco Elysium. Hire me, sports websites.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

you gotta go to moe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

who the hell is this chris boucher guy? went off for 38/19