Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
is that kevin "stanley parable" brighting as the narrator in the latest clip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the traversal and combat seem inspired by wuxia. except with heavy artillery

gujian 3 definitely had the same super-zippy running speed and a similar combat tempo

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
is there even any dialogue, or does the narrator do all the talking?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Skill Up, ordinarily one of the more positive reviewers on my youtube list, ripped this up one side and down the other

he was harsh on the world in particular - its aesthetics are lovely but there's apparently nothing to do in it, not even standard ubisoft checklist stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwMmTtgLMBI

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
you know what the cutscenes i'm seeing remind me of, in terms of direction/sound design? armed and dangerous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA1eRLCUgqo

i loved armed and dangerous! but it was three years out of date at the time of release, and biomutant doesn't even have the campy voice acting

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Mordja posted:

I feel like this will be the Mad Max of 2021 (fitting considering the developer) in that it'll get a lot of middling scores because its open world design is nothing new or innovative, but people who either don't mind that or just haven't burned out on it might have some fun.

big difference right off is that mad max, for all its faults, had absolutely impeccable sound. biomutant sounds like the speakers have pillows taped to them and were set up half a mile away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

fadam posted:

Game definitely feels kind of janky and European, but honestly if the protagonist was a guy in a grey hood instead of a hosed up weasel thing it'd probably have 10+ more points on MC.

more like -10

the aesthetic was one of the only reasons it ever got any attention in the first place