Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
For a game that is less then a month away THQ has been very quite on it. I figured by now there would be trailer on the different classes/skills/etc instead of the having to deal with leaks from magazines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
After seeing whos making it I just hope for another "7/10 " Mad Max quality game. Having it look like a LSD trip is just a bonus.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Play posted:

This game is so up my alley I actually considered pre-ordering. But I never do that so I'm going to wait and see. I definitely expect some jank upon release just based on how open-world and ambitious this game is, and how many varied systems and abilities it is balancing. Honestly it reminds me more of Fallout 4 with better combat mechanics than anything else.

The controls seem a little floaty and strange, just to fit everything in they wanted to, but I do think it could work. Definitely one of the most "interesting" triple A games to be coming out in recent memory and I'll be watching it very closely.

The best price is 60 dollars? That's unfortunate.

If the game is really good and will enthrall me for tens of hours then it might be enough for that. They so rarely do though

$46.79, but you gotta create a GMG account first. Some times you can get lucky and they have a ton of keys that are considered Pre-Order after release so you can see the reviews a few days afterwards and still get the preorder bonuses.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
So new Explanation trailer just dropped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32Tq2Hr8I3E

While I am really digging the look, feel and just in general weirdness of everything the lack of reviews make feel like Biomutant is going to end up being a very wide but shallow game.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
And I wouldn't really mind that but locking a class behind preorders is just dirty.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Biomutant is really coming off hit or miss with people. Like Gamer Revolution absolutely loved it:

quote:

Considering Biomutant’s delayed and seemingly troubled road to release, I’m blindsided by just how good it is. Experiment 101 has clearly been afforded the time to see its vision through, something which is unfortunately far too rare in the cutthroat gaming industry. I did not expect this to be one of my favorites of the year so far, let alone one of the most enjoyable open-world games I’ve ever played. A true modern gaming miracle.

and there are multiple 7 or higher review scores at various locations. The reddit thread of the reviews is a roller coaster of scores: https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/njzykd/biomutant_review_thread/

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Inzombiac posted:

Yeah, personally I think it'll be worth the price because I love really goofy games even if they aren't all that deep. The fact that the IGN dude finished the story in about 20 hours and was still seeing new enemy types is pretty dang cool.

So from reading the reviews I think the underlining issue is that this game is explicitly designed for children/teens through its story telling, narrative, world design, etc (Fextralife basically called it Fallout 4 for kids). That is not a good or a bad thing but can really rub people the wrong way since it involves a different mindset during play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Inzombiac posted:

Ah, I don't see that as an issue. So long as it's not "shrieking YouTuber" type of kid's entertainment, I'll be happy.

Yeah its looking like its more "over explains the story, assume you know nothing, and the combat is way to easy but flashy" type of deal. I'll be interested to see if a even harder mode comes out that makes the combat more engaging and makes the player push the crafting system to the limit.