Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

:synpa: who

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Sean Young aka p diddy

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Aardvark! posted:

i love shelley duvall and was unaware of all this poo poo until now. loving sucks.

Paul Simon broke up with her in the airport as she was leaving to go film The Shining. He was cheating on her with Carrie Fisher I believe.

Scumbag Dr. Phil hunted her down for an exploitative interview in like 2006 and she had quite literally gone insane. It's really sad.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

https://www.eightieskids.com/the-spectacular-rise-and-catastrophic-fall-of-sean-young-noadhesion

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Considering Michelle Pfeiffer whipped the heads off those mannequins in one take, I think they made the right choice.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p1rJbquNESw

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
James Woods is a giant piece of poo poo and he started the rumors she was nuts

God I hate that guy

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Also, I can’t believe people are asking who Sean Young is, and no one’s answering “the lady cop from Ace Ventura.” I’m pretty sure that’s the biggest/most successful movie that she’s been in.

Even if her part in it is a bit :yikeseroo: nowadays.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

She used to post things she recorded over the years on her youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/c/msyPARIAH/videos

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

They really hated mentally ill people back then I mean I guess they still do but lol I feel extremely bad for people like Sean Young and Shelley Duvall

I can respect that depending on the severity she may have been harder to work with but all the stuff that got retreaded in this thread definitely sounds like it exacerbated the situation. She seemed very charismatic in a lot of her earlier interviews and I liked all of her roles.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Honestly Pfeiffer was great, fantastic in the role but I can see where Sean Young could have done it well too. It would have been really believable, MORE believable imo, all disturbed and sadly gone to evil etc she absolutely could have pulled it off...

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

god drat that was sad to read

naem
May 29, 2011

I think you want to try to put aside a low seven figure amount of money as fast as possible after being cast in some big parts and invest it, and just prepare for obscurity on purpose and treat it as a reward and just get out of acting as fast as possible

like, ok I’ve got 2.5 million net, cool, let’s set that up for retirement.

fame for fame’s sake makes no sense

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
Let’s remember when Sean Penn publicly lobbied to be a piece of poo poo

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...

Spinz posted:

Honestly Pfeiffer was great, fantastic in the role but I can see where Sean Young could have done it well too. It would have been really believable, MORE believable imo, all disturbed and sadly gone to evil etc she absolutely could have pulled it off...

Absolutely, she practically already is a Batman villain in the "origin backstory before the horrible accident" part.

Spinz posted:

James Woods is a giant piece of poo poo and he started the rumors she was nuts

God I hate that guy

James Woods is a POS but I think it's more accurate to say that he took advantage of a reputation that Young already had.

While every interview I've read with her screams "untreated personality disorder" I never doubt she's always telling the truth. The only thing is you have to get her to be a little more specific so you can determine whether "this person treated me so terribly" means "they didn't go out of their way to specifically give me compliments ugh what a jerk" or if it means "Harvey Weinstein showed me his dick out of nowhere" because she'll describe both kinds of events in the same manner.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Some more from Future Noir, this time with Harrison Ford:

Interviewer: But since we're discussing Rachael, what about Sean Young? One of the things that was hard not to notice while I was on the BR set was the, um, tension between you two. Would you care to discuss that?

Harrison Ford: I don't think I'm going to be able to speak to that question.

I: But you already have. For instance, in the Los Angeles magazine article that just appeared ('Bloody Hell: An Oral History of the Making of Blade Runner' by Dave Gardetta, February 2007), you're quoted as saying, "I don't think Sean clearly had an idea of what she was doing. It was early in her career, and I think she was a bit daunted by it."

HF: Yes. Well, what I can say today is, Ridley had a very specific relationship with Sean. Because she didn't have a lot of acting experience, I believe that Ridley fell back on a kind of psychological manipulation. That meant that the really important relationship was between Ridley and Sean, not between Sean and I. Ridley was informing Sean, and I was relating to the result.

I: Interesting! Would you care to expand on that?

HF: No.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
I remember the Sean Young Catwoman thing. I remember reading she was trying to get on set and they had to have security throw her out.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

SPACE HOMOS posted:

She used to post things she recorded over the years on her youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/c/msyPARIAH/videos

Thanks for the link, led me to this particularly relevant vid of hers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyUx73RJ51o&t=202s

She also uploaded some interesting candid pics from the Blade Runner set. https://imgur.com/a/TiDg5

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...
One of Joe Queenan's early interviews (collected in "If you're talking to me, your career must be in trouble") was with Young as the opportunities started to dry up. She came across as perhaps not too bright, a bit intense and very sincere. Which might not be the best mix for an aspiring acting career.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Bula Vinaka posted:

I remember the Sean Young Catwoman thing. I remember reading she was trying to get on set and they had to have security throw her out.
That seems kind of unnecessary when you have Batman right there. Maybe it was on one of the days he wasn't filming?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

the entire entertainment industry is chock full of rapist murder bad guys so someone being damaged by it isn’t exactly unexpected