Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Walla posted:

It still blows my mind that loving Leisure Suit Larry is on a Nintendo console.

larry explores his bicurious impulses in Leisure Suit Larry: Switch Hitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

hello thread. i was going to go to a soccer game tonight but instead my son has thrown up approximately 100000 times. so instead we’re laying on the couch watching his favorite princess movies until he passes out. my team won the match though

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i’ve eaten at two fancy ramen restaurants in the past two weeks and neither of them was as good as the dollar noodle packets from the asian supermarket. i wrote a poem about it

Expensive noods and fancy brouth
Are oft’ deficient in the mouth.
For a piquant taste you’ll love
Make instant mi chay on the stove.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

correct

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Pwnstar posted:

This is not a weird brag but people genuinely find Warheads to be uncomfortably sour? I wonder if that's genetic like bitter vegetables or just less experience to sour things? Time for a research paper, I'll ask my university for $1000 to buy candy.

it always depended on the flavor for me. black cherry wasn't super sour but the blue raspberry ones were nuts

Weedle
May 31, 2006

they'll keep a couple of blades around for the ~20 people still using it after new signups are closed

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

Not video game related but is it just me or is microsoft edge...good??!

we use it at work and now I'm trying it at home (which is also where I work)

it is pretty good now. it's basically just chrome with microsoft account syncing instead of google. i use it at work and it's a huge improvement over the previous version of edge with its dogshit custom rendering engine

Weedle
May 31, 2006

holy christ. well that’s that. it was a good 13 years

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i was really hoping that the red ventures acquisition in september wasn't the beginning of the end but welp

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Hentai Reviews By Jeff begins june 1

Weedle
May 31, 2006

loving lol i wish i could watch this

https://twitter.com/duckvalentine/status/1389317270602649601?s=21

https://twitter.com/duckvalentine/status/1389624893357101057?s=21

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Grapplejack posted:

thi4f is like, fine. It's not a great stealth game and it's a bad thief game, but it's alright. If it came out in 2011 it would have been received much better I think, but it basically feels and plays like a prototype for dishonored, even though dishonored came out two years before it.

good god i thought thief 4 came out in like 2009 or something. lol

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Acerbatus posted:

Cum. The British are perverts.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Weedle
May 31, 2006

haveblue posted:

What video game has the best beans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9Zf4KGBBCg

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Weedle
May 31, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

Lost Juugment

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

It's like if you never got to fight M. Bison in Street Fighter 2 and then 3 started and was like "Yeah he got arrested and got the chair".

that would own

Weedle
May 31, 2006

the electric chair is paradoxical in that it's one of the all time most ghoulish and horrible ways to execute someone irl but definitely the funniest way to do it in fiction

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Mix. posted:

it's apparently weird to, and i quote, 'own the entirety of a franchise you know nothing about and have never touched', according to some people.

i guess they're not steam users

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Archer666 posted:

Being an old, I was looking around the internet for my favorite old games and came across this

https://twitter.com/Microids_off/status/1389603484354424834

I loving love me some Flashback but who even is asking for this?

i read the other day that flashback started as a licensed side-scrolling action game based on the godfather movies. you might think that they turned it into a science fiction game after losing the godfather license but it turns out that they lost the license because they made a science fiction godfather game

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Khanstant posted:

What things are so offensive you can't say them somewhere and what is wrong with somewhere that things cannot be said? This is in court, right, why should there possibly be anything prohibited from saying if it's relevant to the case? Is the judge going to cry and explode if they have to hear Titty McFuckButts and The Seven Slurs of Slazkaban? Some truly horrible things happen and have to be examined in court, do they sometimes go "sorry, the accused did poo poo so offensive we can't even tell you about it"

it's just apple's lawyer trying to boost their case by making it sound like open platforms = downfall of society

Weedle
May 31, 2006

*types "big boobs" into egs search bar* as i said, absolutely no limit to the depravity epic places at the public's fingertips

Weedle
May 31, 2006

about to fire up some swat 4, the speculative fiction police game where cops are held accountable for shooting people

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Mix. posted:

this is why saints row is the best game, because it gives you a murder weapon that's also a dildo, therefore allowing you to be in the sex AND the killing circles on the venn diagram

you forgot the og??

Weedle
May 31, 2006

If the stranger drew the fish's butthole, both believers knew they were in good company.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

pbr is the ideal beer to drink 5-8 of and not give a poo poo. for actual beverage enjoyment there's no comparison whatsoever between guinness and pbr. if someone told you pbr is the guinness of america they were trolling you

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Dear Games chat thread,

I have an ethical question: I "won" a raffle to buy a ps 5. However it is the digital version, and one of the main attractions of the console for me is playing PS4 games with decent frame rates and such, and most of my PS4 games are on disc. Also Returnal is 40 dollars more as a digital purchase than the disc version where I'm at.

So what should I do fellow video game enjoyers?

give your reservation to someone who wants a digital ps5

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i have drunk 1-2 fat tires every day for the past like three years. would recommend

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

I had a Romanian Diff Eq professor in college that swore by vinegar before drinking. His big advice was "You can eat steak and one glass of vodka, or pickle and TEN glass of vodka".

I paid good loving money to get that advice, so it must be true.

i will eat pickle and no glass of vodka

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Weedle posted:

i have drunk 1-2 fat tires every day for the past like three years. would recommend

update: drinking one right now :discourse:

Weedle
May 31, 2006

verbal enema posted:

is there any way to play RUN LIKE HELL on modern stuff or do i have to rob someone of a ps2

seems like it emulates well https://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/RLH:_Run_Like_Hell

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Last Celebration posted:

Anyone have any reccs for good hard cider brands? All this chat is making me curious whether or not my default one (woodchuck) is all that good relatively speaking. Also, gonna go look for some applejack the next time I go beer shopping.

Also also, if anyone ever goes to Jamaica you should try the flavored Red Stripe beers (lemon and hibiscus) which should taste like rear end going by the description but defying all odds actually taste good?

never had flavored red stripe but regular red stripe is an underrated beer imo

Weedle
May 31, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

Now that RE8 is out, are people more thirsty or less thirsty for tall vampire lady or is it about the same

I'd assume more

my wife sent me a hot pic of the tall vampire lady and said we have to buy it so i would also say "more"

Weedle
May 31, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

I feel like there has been a trend of the internet attaching specifically to and thirsting over curvy older women who may or may not be able to completely murder you

my wife fits the archetype so when i see people doing this i'm like yeah!! duh!!!! welcome to the party, pal

Weedle
May 31, 2006

:mods:

Weedle
May 31, 2006

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I think the biggest weakness of the series post-64 is just that the games shift so much over to the writing team who just don't have the chops. Like, as soon as you get into Assault the game gets way into trying to ship characters together and goofy backstory stuff. In 64, Pigma tells you "Your daddy squealed reeeeeal good before he died!" and that's basically as much as you know about Jame's fate after getting captured by Andross, and then in the expanded universe you learn Andross tried to kill James because he and Fox's mom were in love and so he accidentally kills her with a loving car bomb lmao

they did this with the hardy boys books too. i mean the car bomb thing

Weedle
May 31, 2006

quote:

Georgie, please stay
They took your breath away

im suffering critical psychic damage

Weedle
May 31, 2006

mkvltra posted:

True. What are some Cool Games that don't wear out their welcome by the second act / 80-90% mark?

hotline miami, titanfall 2, mirror’s edge, portal 1 & 2, gunpoint, max payne 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

from yesterday but i just wanted to acknowledge the excellence of this post