Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/Oliviawitherite/status/1393244527629160457

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

mikeraskol posted:

It's horrible trash compared to expectations and payroll, which is the more relevant point.

I'm most sad about the fact that Gary Sanchez is just utterly washed. Four years ago I thought this dude was going to be a perennial all star.

how's Top 10 Player in MLB DJ LeMahieu doing?

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Yankees are scoring 3.86 runs per game (24th), and slugging .376 (22nd) to go along with a .220 batting average (26th). That's not mediocre at all. They're one of the worst 10 offenses at scoring runs per game almost a quarter way through the season.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Very good tweet but don't read the replies jesus christ

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
https://mobile.twitter.com/lindseyadler/status/1393310798953472003

Does this make the Yankees an above average offensive team

Bad jokes aside, I don't think there's anything wrong with feeling like your team is terrible if they are only average and the expectations are much higher which is how I usually tend to read Yanksposting. I joked about Rich Hill in the GDT last night but it was really a dig at the Yankees partly because they should be better and partly because I'm bitter that the Angels loving suck. Again.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
Boy the Yanks are running some lineup tonight https://twitter.com/MaxTGoodman/status/1393327002111856645

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Yankees were really patting themselves on the back at what a great deal that Hicks contract was too lol. It's also cool that the Yankees give their regular players more days off than any team in the majors and they still all get hurt all the time lol.

mikeraskol posted:

It's horrible trash compared to expectations and payroll, which is the more relevant point.

I'm most sad about the fact that Gary Sanchez is just utterly washed. Four years ago I thought this dude was going to be a perennial all star.

Every young position player on the Yankees has gotten worse over the last 3 years without exception.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 23:28 on May 14, 2021

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

mcmagic posted:

It's also cool that the Yankees give their regular players more days off than any team in the majors and they still all get hurt all the time lol.

man just think of where they would be if they weren't giving all the days off

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

humpthewind posted:

For what its worth, McMagic hasn't said anything that seems insane to me in the last two pages. He may be a bit hyperbolic but he's right that the Yankee offense outside Stanton has not looked very effective. The pitching has carried this winning month so far.

I said rich hill isn't garbage and that mcmagic is only claiming he is so he can exaggerate how bad it is to be shut down by him for a game

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

mcmagic posted:

Every young position player on the Yankees has gotten worse over the last 3 years without exception.

Makes you wonder about Sir Aaron Boone.

The team is honestly such a bummer offensively. They could be amazing if they'd pull it together, the pitching sans-Taillon has been awesome.

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 00:26 on May 15, 2021

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I'm sorry, but Abreu is a collosal dipshit here. He had no business making this play and being halfway down the line, the ball was nowhere near 1st base. And if the catcher somehow drops the ball, who the hell is covering 1st then

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

mikeraskol posted:

Makes you wonder about Sir Aaron Boone.

The team is honestly such a bummer offensively. They could be amazing if they'd pull it together, the pitching sans-Taillon has been awesome.

I don't know how you separate Boone from the front office. I think they need a wholesale change in leadership.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Popete posted:

The Yankees are a mediocre to good team so far this year. I only wish they had an actual truly bad team for an entire season, I'm talking a 66-96 team just so we could see Yankees fans reactions.

God, yes. What we're seeing is born of never having a bad team. Two 90 loss seasons in a row and Yankees fans would... well, half of them are frontrunners so they'd stop caring about the Yankees, but the other half would post some wild stuff.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The Yankees haven’t had a bad team for like 25+ years. I can’t imagine the meltdown mcmagic would have if they even finished under .500

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Oh, be kind, the Yankees didn't win a World Series at all last decade. They're currently cursed!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

habeasdorkus posted:

God, yes. What we're seeing is born of never having a bad team. Two 90 loss seasons in a row and Yankees fans would... well, half of them are frontrunners so they'd stop caring about the Yankees, but the other half would post some wild stuff.

You literally should never have a bad team if you're spending 200 million a year.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

mcmagic posted:

You literally should never have a bad team if you're spending 200 million a year.

Should ain't got anything to do with it, son.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

mcmagic posted:

*looks at current Phillies payroll*

poo poo

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Intruder posted:

I said rich hill isn't garbage and that mcmagic is only claiming he is so he can exaggerate how bad it is to be shut down by him for a game

Sorry, I wasn't replying directly to anyone, just posting generally.

Dick Mountain is having a good stretch but soft tossing lefty is what the Yankees should mash. This is frustrated Yankee-posting.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Drew Pomeranz got placed on the DL today, marking 11 Padre pitchers currently injured. I don't understand why seemingly every year the Padres just get hosed with injuries :mad:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

This is just ridiculous
https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1393368111756234755

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Wow he's strong.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

That ball has no business being hit out

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/RhettBollinger/status/1230225978120531968

Dude is yoked.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

That looks like a shallow flyout to left kind of swing lol

And on a 79 mph pitch so not a lot of help getting exit velocity from the pitch

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

OK. I finally looked at Hill's game logs. The Yankees may in fact be an awful team, but Hill has been decent in his last four starts, after a rocky April. He got yanked after only 44 pitches in his first May start, but he's an old guy.

Anyway, Rich Hill has not sucked in May. His last start of April wasn't too bad by today's standards, either.

I now consider this matter closed.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Why tf is everyone wearing camo hats on may 14

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Intruder posted:

TBF, that wouldn't have made the warning track at most stadiums.

Still, country strong.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

Why tf is everyone wearing camo hats on may 14

Armed Forces Day tomorrow.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Swoletani

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Cup of Hemlock posted:

Armed Forces Day tomorrow.

lol what the gently caress is that?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Propaganda

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Every active marine gets a 64 pack of Crayola's finest.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Mustached Demon posted:

Every active marine gets a 64 pack of Crayola's finest.

Don't those come in the holiday MREs anyways?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Intruder posted:

The new ball is bouncier but has more drag. It makes it harder to hit long home runs but has less of an impact on short homers. I once calculated that a major leaguer wouldn't be able to hit a tennis ball as far as a baseball, because air resistance slows down a tennis ball so much more.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Kelenic went 3 for 4 today with a dinger and 2 doubles, nevermind he's good!!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

seiferguy posted:

Kelenic went 3 for 4 today with a dinger and 2 doubles, nevermind he's good!!

Man that trade looks so good for the Mariners right now... Tremendously one sided.

Suck a Dick No Homo
Apr 22, 2008

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I'm sorry, but Abreu is a collosal dipshit here. He had no business making this play and being halfway down the line, the ball was nowhere near 1st base. And if the catcher somehow drops the ball, who the hell is covering 1st then

Nobody said anything but isn't this a very wrong opinion? Infielders coming in on a pop up happens every time and Abreu is up looking at the ball. Dozier is looking.....where exactly? Just running blindly? I think it's really just a freak accident but if the fault is on anyone it's on Dozier, right?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

bawfuls posted:

Watching people argue with mcmagic makes me miss scoobi

Remember when Scoobi stalked and took a picture of that other poster at Yankee Stadium without her knowledge? Good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

RCarr posted:

The Yankees haven’t had a bad team for like 25+ years. I can’t imagine the meltdown mcmagic would have if they even finished under .500

In the last 100 years, the Yankees have had more seasons where they won the whole dang World Series than season where they finished under .500. Not last place! Just under .500.