Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

Admiral Joeslop posted:

What was the ruling after that? I saw a closed fist from the umpire but surely he wasn't out for colliding with someone obstructing the baseline? Is it somehow not obstruction?

Edit: Duh, watched again and the catcher had it. I somehow missed that.

The catcher caught the ball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
I think Bauer is a dumb chud as much as the next guy but I don’t think you can say he has no athletic ability and no business being in the mlb

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
When I was 16 was the first year we had to use wood bats and our coach told us all to buy from this company (I think it was called Red Eye?) because it was 5 bats for some relatively cheap price and he said they would last all season. Pretty much everyone on the team broke their 5 bats within the first couple weeks and had to go buy better bats that wouldn’t break so easily. My mom put all the broken bats in the garden.

I still think the coach was getting kickbacks from that company, they were just complete and utter poo poo

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Tranquilo the loving weird-rear end Minnesota Twins

e: drat, beaten lol

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
That rings a bell, I can’t remember the name, but I’m 90 percent sure the ‘future jays reliever’ was Joe Biagini. If I had to make a bet the article was from Sportsnet or The Athletic

E: here ya go, I think..

https://theathletic.com/993323/2019..._shared_article

E2: The article doesn't mention some of the things that you did, and I do remember reading a different article about roommates living in the same situation where they buried the lede that one of them was Biagini. Not having any luck finding that one, but hopefully this can be a decent starting point for your search :)

LonesomeCrowdedWest fucked around with this message at 11:26 on May 26, 2021

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Had some weird fever dreams after getting my first Pfizer shot. One of them involved Mr Bean becoming a third base coach. Just thought I’d share that with you all

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
I always thought that if the runner crosses the plate before the other guy gets tagged that the run counts? Of course they could have negated it by just getting the force at first, but was there a rule change or something? Feel like I'm going crazy. Or is it only if a different runner gets tagged after the run crosses the plate, and not the 'batter-runner'?

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

Popete posted:

Edit: Nevermind I get what you are saying.

I would have thought the same thing too which is maybe what Baez was thinking, but I guess so long as the runner is a force out the tag would have negated the run.

I suppose that makes sense. I was mostly confused because I was so sure I had seen replays done to see if a runner touched home before a tag was made, but now that I think about it that was almost always when the batter was trying to stretch a single into a double, or during a rundown (excluding between first and home I guess, lol) so no more force. Really weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
If Ozuna goes to jail does that void the contract? I feel like that would be written in somewhere but who knows