Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Sydin posted:

Moderna and Pfizer are both ~97% effective at preventing hospitalizations from COVID complications, J&J something like 94%, IIRC. So yeah you can still get it and it can still lay you out, but for the vast majority the vaccine will spare you the absolute worst of it.

And hey speaking of COVID:

https://twitter.com/Padres/status/1392215454744150020

Myers left in the third inning after testing positive, and Hosmer in the seventh for contact tracing. What the gently caress are they doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

What was the ruling after that? I saw a closed fist from the umpire but surely he wasn't out for colliding with someone obstructing the baseline? Is it somehow not obstruction?

Edit: Duh, watched again and the catcher had it. I somehow missed that.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 22:21 on May 14, 2021

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Surely with his wealth he can just maintain his home in LA while traveling, since this is his last year.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Darvish is a Dad now and you can't have him :colbert:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

N: No news, we all know this.

V: How does someone as consistently bad at his job like Angel Hernandez still get paid? Calls were consistently 3+ inches off the plate. I really don't understand how he hasn't been canned yet.

Unions, probably.