Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Popete posted:

No one said the Yankees offense is great but it is not horrible trash compared to the rest of the league.

It's horrible trash compared to expectations and payroll, which is the more relevant point.

I'm most sad about the fact that Gary Sanchez is just utterly washed. Four years ago I thought this dude was going to be a perennial all star.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

mcmagic posted:

Every young position player on the Yankees has gotten worse over the last 3 years without exception.

Makes you wonder about Sir Aaron Boone.

The team is honestly such a bummer offensively. They could be amazing if they'd pull it together, the pitching sans-Taillon has been awesome.

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 00:26 on May 15, 2021

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

I don't think anyone has mentioned shifting yet either, which is the cherry on top of the poo poo sundae for hitters.

Even when you do make contact and hit something that would have been a hit 20 years ago it's not now because a defender is standing right loving there.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

I really don’t get why this is so hard for people to understand. The Yankees are not a good team. They are constantly injured, cannot hit (other than Judge and Stanton who irrelevant because he’s literally Mr. Glass), and are being carried by unsustainable pitching (other than Cole).