Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I remember “The Nook” near Piedmont park in Atlanta had a 6lbs of tater tots for $35 challenge, and I think you got a shirt and your name on a wall and maybe the meal free if you could eat it all in 45 mins

Seems like, as with all eating competition-based challenges, it would be pretty gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

This hookah bar in Gainesville, FL used to sell “Spuds” which were just potatoes sliced horizontally into discs and deep fried until they gave a satisfying crunch to bite into. I think they were honestly better than tater tots because they didn’t have that weird minced potato texture in your mouth

E. I think it was called like, “Farrah’s’” or something but can’t really remember

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Nah, they were like 3/4+ inch thick

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

This is originally from America’s test kitchen and it’s really good. We used to make it at least once a month before we cut red meat out of the menu