Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

dy. posted:

You should have let the town pick who you gaveled.

I picked after reading each available gavel option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

The court recognizes a proper tribunal has been called. There were 10 esteemed players alive at the time of the tribunal. 7 are required to dispense justice.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

merk posted:

I picked after reading each available gavel option.
Yeah I get that, except we're in a spot where we have to be incredibly careful. You took a tool that we could have used to execute a town consensus choice without the ability for scum to kill and monopolized it without talking about it first.

I am incredibly creeped out by that move.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
There is no deadline for the gavel for what it's worth.

You have to post a ##Activate Lurker Gavel command for it to count.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

dy. posted:

Yeah I get that, except we're in a spot where we have to be incredibly careful. You took a tool that we could have used to execute a town consensus choice without the ability for scum to kill and monopolized it without talking about it first.

I am incredibly creeped out by that move.

The gavel requires seven players to activate it. What the hell are you worried about? This concern is really fake.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

merk posted:

The gavel requires seven players to activate it. What the hell are you worried about? This concern is really fake.
You unilaterally picked the target.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

You're playing dumb.

You took the conversation from "who should we use merk's gavel on?" to "should we activate the gavel on sng?" and it's incredibly scummy that you're not acknowledging that.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

dy. posted:

Would you have picked differently?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

dy. posted:

I picked the player that I think is the scummiest out of the available gavel targets.

Instead of attacking the action, why not look at SNG? If you do not want to do that, why not figure out if I'm scum? Right now, you're just tossing out what looks like a fake concern with no analysis about what it means regarding alignment.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

dy wants to virtue signal that he wouldn't have used the gavel in this way. He wants to look town from my action. He doesn't care about finding scum.

##vote dy

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

I have no idea. The point isn't that I disagree with the target, it's that merk prevented us from having a conversation about it.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

merk posted:

I picked the player that I think is the scummiest out of the available gavel targets.

Instead of attacking the action, why not look at SNG? If you do not want to do that, why not figure out if I'm scum? Right now, you're just tossing out what looks like a fake concern with no analysis about what it means regarding alignment.
Uhhh no I'm responding to the thing you did.

I haven't looked at sng because you did this thing 5 seconds ago. I will of course look at sng but this whole thing is tainted for me now.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

merk posted:

dy wants to virtue signal that he wouldn't have used the gavel in this way. He wants to look town from my action. He doesn't care about finding scum.

##vote dy

wtf are you talking about?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

dy. posted:

I have no idea. The point isn't that I disagree with the target, it's that merk prevented us from having a conversation about it.

Okay, well merk did that, so now the point IS do you disagree with the target? Do you think SNG is scum or do you just want to throw a strop at merk?

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

Okay, well merk did that, so now the point IS do you disagree with the target? Do you think SNG is scum or do you just want to throw a strop at merk?
I don't know yet! It just happened!

If you guys don't see any issue with what merk just did I really don't know what to say here. The target is not the point.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Sandwolf are you scumbuds with merk?

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!
Demon Summoning Program, execute!

##vote dy

It literally doesn't matter, dude. This entire objection is ridiculous

That said I am hella WIFOMed out by this

Would scum post this? I have no clue

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

merk posted:

##vote dy
If you are accusing me of virtue signaling that I wouldn't have used it in this way (I wouldn't have) you are implicitly acknowledging that you've used it in a scummy way. Otherwise, what is there to signal?

You guys are loving baffling.

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!

dy. posted:

If you are accusing me of virtue signaling that I wouldn't have used it in this way (I wouldn't have) you are implicitly acknowledging that you've used it in a scummy way. Otherwise, what is there to signal?

People can have different opinions as to what is virtuous

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

dy. posted:

You're playing dumb.

You took the conversation from "who should we use merk's gavel on?" to "should we activate the gavel on sng?" and it's incredibly scummy that you're not acknowledging that.
I'm just gonna post this over and over.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

dy. posted:

You guys are loving baffling.

I did not use it in a scummy way. I gave myself the most agency to eliminate the player, out of the available players to gavel, that I most believe will flip scum.

You are saying I used it 'wrong' rather than saying I used it 'scummy.'

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

merk posted:

I did not use it in a scummy way. I gave myself the most agency to eliminate the player, out of the available players to gavel, that I most believe will flip scum.

You are saying I used it 'wrong' rather than saying I used it 'scummy.'
Not at all.

An argument of "you used it wrong" would be me saying "you shouldn't have used it on sng, that is the wrong person to use it on."

My argument is "you denied the town an opportunity to talk about who the target should be" which you clearly did.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Like why not at least open up conversation about it, get people's opinions on record, and then say gently caress it and gavel sng anyway? It would cost you literally nothing.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I have to leave for a bit.

Please unvote me for now. This could be lylo.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

dy. posted:

I have to leave for a bit.

Please unvote me for now. This could be lylo.

No

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I dunno I feel like it is merk's role, he can choose who to put up. We still get to decide if it goes through and THEN merk still has to decide to use it. I am fine with merk having the agency to choose the target. I'd rather he own his choice than weasel out of it by letting the town choose for him

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Sandwolf posted:

This feels more aggressive than usual from sandwolf

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##unvote

I guess unvoting is right.

.random
May 7, 2007

Whoa. That is some crazy posting. We get nothing here by “making merk make the choice” if we are in LYLO after it and scum happen to have the last vig (charging vig I guess). Knowing what he thinks doesn’t help if scum win. This is some bad logic imo.

Treading carefully feels like the right choice here - that all escalated quickly.

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!

.random posted:

Whoa. That is some crazy posting. We get nothing here by “making merk make the choice” if we are in LYLO after it and scum happen to have the last vig (charging vig I guess). Knowing what he thinks doesn’t help if scum win. This is some bad logic imo.

Treading carefully feels like the right choice here - that all escalated quickly.

we get nothing here by bringing the ability to its conclusion at all

Why bother going through the entire scenario?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Philip J. Fry posted:

I haven't caught up yet, but in case y'all go fuckin bananas again, I want to say this we should not vig or gavel anyone during the day today unless we are 100% they are scum.

We can assume at least 3 scum, and there's a potential 4th given the size of the game. There also might be 3rd parties. All this to say that a rando kill, lunch, and NK could lose us the game.

I'm against merk using his gavel and you should be too.

That is all.

Also ##vote merk cause I said I would. I'm like 4 pages behind or something but I'm also a man of my word.

dy, why didn't you jump on Fry for voting in his first post?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

AT-LOW posted:

we get nothing here by bringing the ability to its conclusion at all

Why bother going through the entire scenario?

There are ten alive. Unless you think there are 5 scum, we definitely could gavel and use majority elimination today.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I’ll be honest, I’ve been fairly slammed with stuff and not overly talkative, and for that I apologize.

But my lurkiness aside (though if this were any other game I’m still posting enough not to get called out by lurker rules) the arguments against me aren’t completely fair.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

First off, in no way did my town read of ill mucche rely on OA being scum. This is a blatant misrepresentation. I am in mason chat, our interactions with Sandwolf and eachother are multifaceted and THAT is where my confidence in their towniness lies. That is the obvious exception to the OA issue. I felt no reason to bring it up again as I felt we had all been quite clear that as a masonry we have more information on our companions than those in thread and the need to justify it would be lower. Otherwise I apparently post too much.

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!

merk posted:

There are ten alive. Unless you think there are 5 scum, we definitely could gavel and use majority elimination today.

I'm assuming 4 scum. As such, arithmetically, it is basically impossible that that is true.

If the case on SNG were 100% airtight, maybe! I guess I can look over it again

.random
May 7, 2007

Is 6/10 (aka the number that is hopefully not scum) 67% somehow?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Secondly, most of my casework this game was on OA, yes. Unfortunately They ended up being town, but please do not imply the case wasn’t compelling, because it absolutely was. Several people agreed with it and I’m far from the only one who thought they weren’t playing a strong town game, to imply otherwise is again, misrepresentation.

With all these issues people are calling me out on, why do you feel the need to pick breezy talking points? Because you don’t actually believe I’m scum, and wanna push for a quick lunch because people are tired this game.

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!

.random posted:

Is 6/10 (aka the number that is hopefully not scum) 67% somehow?

67% was already mod-confirmed to be 7

.random
May 7, 2007

Anyway whatever, this is getting bogged down in mechanics. I think posts around this subject have been very hasty and aggressive and what’re hasty part is for sure a bad idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.random
May 7, 2007

Ok. How does this not look like scum play from merk? Srs question