Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Guys it’s SNG, read his posts from yesterday, he jumps on the solus case based on opinion that he was bad for town because he made one random shot D1. He also had some weird theory that it was a possible bus against Grandicap or that scum would happily randomly bus a teammate. We only had solus’ word that he used an RNG to pick targets, it’s completely pointless waffle to justify his vote. Does he still think Grandi is scum?

He then spends the rest of the day attacking me for calling him out, and defending the solus case. No other scum hunting...

And what does he kick off D2 with?

sandnavyguy posted:

##vote Sandwolf

After the Solus flip in light of him being town, Sandwolf actions are scummy to me. They were on board with Solus being scum leaning, and was actively thinking Solus was an issue, but then when there started to actually be a push for him to get voted, he changed his views that suddenly oh no he must be town. Based on his thought process pattern and the timing of his tune change, I think he knew Solus would get voted and decided to fall back and let us vote for him, then shake his head at all of us who did vote.
His primary reason is apparently he feels that Solus’ return seemed genuine and townlike, but I disagree, it was a null action at best, there was literally no other way to turn the tide of the vote regardless of alignment, and saying “yep I’m convinced he must be town” reads to me as too easy a persuauion for normally cautious Town-Wolf.

So SNG is now convinced sandwolf is scum, a player that’s been tunnelling me super hard. He then flips to this:

sandnavyguy posted:

In essence, it comes off that OA knew the flip was going to be town, and thus didn’t put in effort to stop it but instead handwring so they can come back after the flip with a gotcha and say they knew where everything was going all along and what fools we are.

So for pretty much the same reasoning as sandwolf he still thinks I am also scum, so either he thinks sandwolf is hard busing me or he’s full of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Sandwolf posted:

I push OA all day and nothing, mucche makes one (two?) posts that aren’t even bad and gets as many votes just as quickly.

I’m not voting mucche.

Maybe it’s because your case isn’t at all compelling? You really think at this early stage in the game I’m being kept alive by my scum buddies?

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Sandwolf posted:

why can't SNG be suspicious that you're scum and that I'm scum?

He can, that’s why I had that first option. Personally though I think it shows that he isn’t really thinking about the implications of his manufactured cases. I even asked him if he thinks you are hard busing me and he hasn’t answered.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I’m getting nostalgia from worm Mafia where sandwolf tunnelled me all D1 until I was lunched. After the last game I’m surprised I wasn’t turboed D1

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

sandnavyguy posted:

Sorry I’m a slow typer :v:

That wasn’t the first time I asked this particular question, strange of you not to read the posts of a player you apparently think is scummy

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Point to where I said I knew solus was town after the flip. I said it was a poo poo case and you’ve already quoted one post of mine saying I didn’t like it, how is that me ‘on the fence’? The fact you jumped on it in such a scummy way solidified it for me tbh.

Here’s a question for you though, do you think sandwolf is hard busing me or is your case against him BS too?

##vote SNG

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Grandicap posted:

I've been considering a vote on OA for a while and haven't done it because I was afraid of optics. By making that post I was highlighting the optics to force me to vote.

Why are you worried about optics?

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I’ve finally pieced together what the hell streak was doing with the hammer yesterday and feel pretty dumb now. Not gonna vote him today. Please lunch SNG for a greater tomorrow

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

dy. posted:

What was your stance before that?

Are you backing off because you think he is less likely to be scum or because you are being cautious?

My stance before was that he felt scummy to me. I think he’s less likely to be scum now and I’d rather he live.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

dy. posted:

Based solely on his hammer thing? Why less likely?

Largely yes, I’d rather not talk openly about it but it’s obvious now that I’ve finally figured it out. I know this is probably very frustrating but that’s just how it is.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Sandwolf it might benefit you to look at someone else besides me (and steak), even briefly. I’m not saying don’t vote me just consider other people so you aren’t left with your dick in your hand when I flip town. Your conspiracy theories about a clandestine scum team working behind the scenes to save me are kinda batshit. Me and steak being scumbros makes literally no sense either, it’s almost as bad as thinking you and me could be scumbros (SNG’s position)

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Sandwolf posted:

Knock this poo poo off, all you’ve done this game is attack people’s attacks on you.

How about you tell me who scum is instead of just trying to convince me I’m wrong?

I’ve been screaming from the rooftops that SNG is scum

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I’ve read through Keanne now and I’m not really sure why I thought he was scum before, back to the drawing board I guess

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Sandwolf posted:

This might be pure opinion but I had to go into your posts to even find the last mention of SNG and it all feels very noncommittal “vote sng right guys?”

Yeah I’m done interacting with you. You’ve obviously got the blinders on and I’m not wasting the thread’s time with this disingenuous poo poo

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

CCKeane posted:

I'm acting very scummy it's weird that even a handful of people are saying I'm town imo.

Not saying you’re town just don’t see anything that’s pinging me. Sorry I guess?

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

On the plus side this is definitely town sandwolf. Only town sandwolf would be so frustratingly bone-headed

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

So not liking ilmucche as a lunch candidate either, honestly don’t see that much in their posts that jumps out at me.

Toal however seems to be flying under the radar.

Toalpaz posted:

I'm happy that solus is voting where he thinks he we should look for scum, it is helpful for town when he flips town.

First post I noticed that I didn’t like, “when he flips scum” in particular. Is it a scum slip? Maybe not but it definitely jumps out at me.

Toalpaz posted:

Top is pre vote, second is post vote. This just reads like a shifting fake opinion of the vig.

They try to corner dy. with this lame case. The two posts im question are two days apart and solus had been lurking hard, why wouldn’t someone change their opinion in that time? Feels like a forced case to me.

Toalpaz posted:

I am good with an ilmucche lunch. I think he's been unusually reserved with like meaningful opinions, compared to usual. I think he hasn't been as scum hunty as a town core ilmucche.

This is just after someone else votes ilmucche, it’s the first time toal mentions ilmucche as a lunch target.

Toalpaz posted:

##vote grandicap

That 'it looks like this as town this as scum' optics post is bad. Possibly so bad that scum would never talk like that in thread, but idk.

Another jump on someone who toal has never previously mentioned but just so happens to be suddenly drawing a bit of fire. Both of these feel like scum trying to find somewhere easy to push a lunch.

Add this together with toal just sort of floating around in the background (ironic for me to point out maybe but whatever). I’m starting to feel like my half-joking suggestion that scum are letting town get on with it while they laugh in the background could have some truth to it.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I won’t be around at deadline due to timezone, keeping my vote on SNG. If I’m lunched tomorrow and steak didn’t hammer me then obviously whoever did is scum or sabotaging town.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

sandnavyguy posted:

OA slips away again, I’ll ##vote Keane

Maybe we can try for scumbama tomorrow

:ironicat:

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

This is why I hate this trend of leaving the lunch to 1-2 hours before deadline. Was fully expecting to wake up in deadchat today.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Somberbrero posted:

That kill makes perfect sense lol. I too would kill a lurker and leave the town to drown in misery.

Does it? I guess if they want town to go loving nuts as I’m left with nothing now. I don’t think it’s SNG anymore either

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

##stumpify the hum

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I’m just gonna go ahead and claim as I’m struggling to make use of this role anyway and I don’t want to piss off town with more mysterious bullshit. I’m mystery role C, I’m an oracle who can determine either if a role was drafted or what a specific player picked as their draft choices. I investigated SNG last night and his first choice was armourer. I know scum could still pick armourer to deny it from town but SNG is at the bottom of the draft list and I just can’t see scum picking that role in that position. I know this is WIFOA but that’s my assessment. Now with toal dead I’m back at square one basically.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I’m gonna have to have a proper look at dy. and grandi today I think.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Philip J. Fry posted:

Also makes me think you're town cause I don't know why you'd bother oracling someone so far down the list as scum. Why did you pick him?

Basically I have no idea how best to use this ability so I’ve been targeting players I think might be scum. Targeted Keane N1, he returned the two other mystery roles. If I’m not lunched today I’d love to have some advice on what the hell i should be doing with this

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Philip J. Fry posted:

Now please, I beg you, :iiam: slip back into obscurity :iiam:

Eh?

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Philip J. Fry posted:

I was makin fun of this wacky narrative SNG has been driving on OA

Ah getcha

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

AT-LOW posted:

What are you talking about, scum could totally take armorer in that position

It tells then whether they have to worry about town having it this game

What the even is this argument and why did Fry say "hmm yeah seems legit"

Yeah I guess that is a possibility but mason as second option as well? My role isn’t an open role either so it’s not like scum had to worry about anyone seeing their draft picks. Again this is WIFOA so I’m probably completely wrong and scum/deadchat are laughing at me right now

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Philip J. Fry posted:

Hard agree with this.

How do we know scum couldn't communicate about their role selections? They knew they were scum before it happened. Is that stated anywhere?

I've never played with SNG before so I guess I'll have to trust you on that perspective but if he could have talked with scumbuddies that point is moot.
[/quote]

They knew they were scum but couldn’t communicate until after the draft

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Why would they kill toal after shading them in thread? The toal kill just feels like scum loving with us tbh

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

merk posted:

I need a vote count. Then I’m going to read the person.

Then. I might murder.

User Posts
Mr. Steak 270
Sandwolf 244
dy. 180
Grandicap 158
CCKeane 132
merk 100
AT-LOW 89
Philip J. Fry 87
ilmucche 86
.random 82
ObamaAkbar. 69
Toalpaz 66
Hal Insandenza 64
Somberbrero 54
Voodoofly 51
sandnavyguy 46
SolusLunes 37
Mr. Humalong 30
b-minus1 25
votefinder 18
SalTheBard 8
Sub Rosa 2

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

ObamaAkbar. posted:

ObamaAkbar. 69

Niiice

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Get out of my head sandwolf

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Do you still think SNG is scum Merk? Not really sure why you think me claiming and doing a complete u-turn would let me off the hook when I could have easily have just continued going for SNG all day. Something about your choice here just feels fishy to me

Go ahead and kill me but I resent being called a lurker when I have over 70 posts by D3.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Why the hell would I case toal and then kill them that night? Merk’s case against me is just baffling. Looking through his post history it’s basically snippy one sentence posts, he goes back on forth on SNG several times as well ironically, sometimes three posts apart.

I have this bad feeling it’s been Merk all along. I’d rather die now though and let someone else push this because I’m feeling pretty fed up. I don’t see town passing the opportunity to kill me anyway, especially given the no-lunch yesterday and I don’t think they should as we have very little information from deaths so far.

##activate lurker gavel

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Okay looking at the kills the only common denominator I can see is that grandi was on both of their radars, gonna have a read of him and see what I think. Grandi is hard to pin a read down on usually though

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

My gut right now is saying it’s probably dy. as well.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

merk posted:

To be open, I don’t have to pull the trigger on this even if we get 50%. Persuade me to save you.

Nah

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

merk posted:

You’re pretty fed up with literally zero scum reads until two posts ago?

Hmm okay, not like I had scum reads previously that I’ve since changed my mind about. Is changing your mind scummy? Is not having a clue wtf is going on scummy?

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

merk posted:

What are you even fed up about?

Being accused of lurking, being accused of having no content. Having my scum reads wrecked or killed by scum. Just kill me so town can concentrate on casing someone else like you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Somberbrero posted:

You know what's not a good look? Your vote sitting on toal most of the day and your absence at deadline. Hard to take these vote critiques seriously from you.

Sorry you had a bad day friend.

Not being around at deadline isn’t scummy ffs. Cases based off of someone’s absence in the thread suck poo poo