Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
scum too afraid to post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i change my mind. toalpaz is town.

##vote oa

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote oa

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

ObamaAkbar. (2): Mr. Steak, Sandwolf
Sandwolf (1): sandnavyguy
Toalpaz (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
Mr. Steak (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf

Not Voting (12): .random, AT-LOW, CCKeane, dy., Grandicap, Hal Insandenza, ilmucche, merk, ObamaAkbar., Philip J. Fry, SalTheBard, Toalpaz

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 13th, 2021 at 6 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 1 day, 21 hours.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Deadline Thursday 600pm PST

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I really disliked OA’s weak jump to my post yesterday, I’d be okay with shifting there too.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I have no feelings on OA, and see two contentless votes and others expressing that they are fine with it. Is there a case here?

.random
May 7, 2007

I’m not very in on SNG’s case on Sandwolf at the moment. Sandwolf’s shift seemed like a reasonable kind of response to me tbh. I appreciate you coming in with guns blazing on it though. Does it makes me think you’re less likely to be scum? I’ll think on that more later.

I think CCKeane doesn’t look very good but seems very chill about that. This reads scummy to me, hoping it will just roll off.

Ilmucche again posting weird and useless takes on the setup. Do not like this.

Toal feels town to me so far.

OA looks fine? Idk. As previously stated he is playing the same way as last game but it’s too small a sample size for me to meta call it and I agree with his reads so far tbh.

I’d appreciate someone else taking a look at when I was being sandwiched between apparently calling Solus too scummy and not scummy enough. That exchange to me felt very off, especially the way people backed off of out of nowhere, but I can’t tell if I’m getting vibes from it just because I was at the center of it.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Grandicap posted:

I have no feelings on OA, and see two contentless votes and others expressing that they are fine with it. Is there a case here?

For me at least, the issue is that they were a null read on everyone early on, then their first actual case was a lazy vote piling onto me after my math post. When pressed as to why, instead of focusing on the flaws in my argument they said they were pressing me for going after low hanging fruit, and that I was trying to push for Solus’ immediate death before they could post by being *checks notes* the third vote on a 9 vote day. I said this was weird, they went to bed without answering (fair) and never answered my questions after they were back in thread the next day and posting (not fair, scummy). No one else seemed to have a problem articulating why my argument was flawed, but instead it came off as an easy me too vote.

And as for:

ObamaAkbar. posted:

loving lol. I’ve been saying all day the solus case was terrible and I wake up to see it carried out, what do you expect me to say?

No you didn’t. In fact before my vote on Solus, when everything bacame fairly stagnant with vig discussion you were still on the fence, doubtful, but definitely not saying how terrible it was:

ObamaAkbar. posted:

1:1 scum:town trade is not a good deal for scum though, I agree with grandi that solus should shoot based on his own reasoning rather than randomly or by town concensus but I’m still not super keen on the solus case. Is any of it based on anything apart from a first post vig? It’s a null tell to me, his latest post didn’t ready scummy to me either and I hate cases that involve accusations of players ‘disappearing’, especially on a weekend.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

In essence, it comes off that OA knew the flip was going to be town, and thus didn’t put in effort to stop it but instead handwring so they can come back after the flip with a gotcha and say they knew where everything was going all along and what fools we are.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

sandnavyguy posted:

In essence, it comes off that OA knew the flip was going to be town, and thus didn’t put in effort to stop it but instead handwring so they can come back after the flip with a gotcha and say they knew where everything was going all along and what fools we are.

Point to where I said I knew solus was town after the flip. I said it was a poo poo case and you’ve already quoted one post of mine saying I didn’t like it, how is that me ‘on the fence’? The fact you jumped on it in such a scummy way solidified it for me tbh.

Here’s a question for you though, do you think sandwolf is hard busing me or is your case against him BS too?

##vote SNG

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

sandnavyguy posted:

I really disliked OA’s weak jump to my post yesterday, I’d be okay with shifting there too.

This might as well be a ‘3rd vote post’ but I guess you didn’t want that stigma eh? This guy is scum.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Also pray tell what question I didn’t answer from you yesterday SNG?

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!
Demon Summoning Program, execute!

sandnavyguy posted:

In fact before my vote on Solus, when everything bacame fairly stagnant with vig discussion you were still on the fence, doubtful, but definitely not saying how terrible it was:

I don't read the quoted post as on the fence at all, myself

I looked at VF and a few retrospective thoughts came to mind:

-The Solus and Keane votes were the ones that dueled the hardest, with the information we have now Keane's looks heavily town-driven and I think it's probably worth another look
-I've been uneasily neutral on D1 dark horse grandi recently, but that could sour quickly, and in general on D1 I would have voted Grandi over Keane
-basically I feel like at least one D1 vote was correcr, but I'm uncertain which (sng is also a D1 vote)
-I did a double take when the oa bracket said Steak and Sandwolf for Day 1 too, is there a reason why those two in particular seem to be much more on it with oa than the average? Meta familiarity???
-oa was also on sng before too! Mafia is a flat circle

But what of the here and now?

-steak is handling this basically as scummily as possible, but I personally think we currently have more interesting options available to us, we can handle a steak if it comes to that
-if I could choose anyone to send to lurker court I would choose Philip J. Fry
-I am literally falling asleep as I write this aaaaaa
-I am still not against a dy vote
-ilmucche's posting has always felt like half a step out of sync with the rest of the thread, is that normal for ilmucche?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

AT-LOW posted:

I don't read the quoted post as on the fence at all, myself

I looked at VF and a few retrospective thoughts came to mind:

-The Solus and Keane votes were the ones that dueled the hardest, with the information we have now Keane's looks heavily town-driven and I think it's probably worth another look
-I've been uneasily neutral on D1 dark horse grandi recently, but that could sour quickly, and in general on D1 I would have voted Grandi over Keane
-basically I feel like at least one D1 vote was correcr, but I'm uncertain which (sng is also a D1 vote)
-I did a double take when the oa bracket said Steak and Sandwolf for Day 1 too, is there a reason why those two in particular seem to be much more on it with oa than the average? Meta familiarity???
-oa was also on sng before too! Mafia is a flat circle

But what of the here and now?

-steak is handling this basically as scummily as possible, but I personally think we currently have more interesting options available to us, we can handle a steak if it comes to that
-if I could choose anyone to send to lurker court I would choose Philip J. Fry
-I am literally falling asleep as I write this aaaaaa
-I am still not against a dy vote
-ilmucche's posting has always felt like half a step out of sync with the rest of the thread, is that normal for ilmucche?

Why dy. Now? You made a big post about other posters, has anything strengthened or weakened your thoughts on dy.?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

.random posted:

I’m not very in on SNG’s case on Sandwolf at the moment. Sandwolf’s shift seemed like a reasonable kind of response to me tbh. I appreciate you coming in with guns blazing on it though. Does it makes me think you’re less likely to be scum? I’ll think on that more later.

I think CCKeane doesn’t look very good but seems very chill about that. This reads scummy to me, hoping it will just roll off.

Ilmucche again posting weird and useless takes on the setup. Do not like this.

Toal feels town to me so far.

OA looks fine? Idk. As previously stated he is playing the same way as last game but it’s too small a sample size for me to meta call it and I agree with his reads so far tbh.

I’d appreciate someone else taking a look at when I was being sandwiched between apparently calling Solus too scummy and not scummy enough. That exchange to me felt very off, especially the way people backed off of out of nowhere, but I can’t tell if I’m getting vibes from it just because I was at the center of it.

I'm pretty sure if I was biting my nails and yelling "I didn't know, I swear I thought he was scum!" You'd also call me scummy so I'd rather have the reaction where I get to have fun with things.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok, I am here now.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Those are the people playing the game Ilmucche

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Except for hum, he got voted into the game later.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

gently caress it, hip shot!

##vote: Ilmucche

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I think steaks town.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##vote keane

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Toalpaz posted:

##vote keane

Nah, Keane's town.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

OA is content lurking like he does when he’s scum.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Grandicap posted:

Nah, Keane's town.

oh yeah?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Toalpaz posted:

oh yeah?

Yeah, pretty sure (not role based information).

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

boy this is fun

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

boy this is fun

Personally, I blame Solus for not flipping scum.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

Personally, I blame Solus for not flipping scum.

Well if he had been allowed to shoot we may have something to actually talk about

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

Well if he had been allowed to shoot we may have something to actually talk about

We could talk about baseball.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

We could talk about baseball.

I’m graduating in Fenway in a couple weeks?

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Sandwolf posted:

OA is content lurking like he does when he’s scum.

Define content lurking for me. Also what do you think of SNG casing both of us for not wanting to lunch solus? I know you are tunnelling me but try and imagine that I’m not scum for a second yeah?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Define content lurking for me. Also what do you think of SNG casing both of us for not wanting to lunch solus? I know you are tunnelling me but try and imagine that I’m not scum for a second yeah?

Yeah I have considered that, it is weird. I think SNGs case on me is weak and bad and honestly a stretch. I can’t believe after yesterday’s EOD he honestly believes I’m scum.

But you were pinging me all D1 because you’re playing like the exact same game as you did in the last game. You have lots of little posts that amount to nothing in total. You’re spending more time responding to attacks than providing any scum reads. And you only seem to post when prompted to by a case or vote on you, you never seem to post of your own will to try and find scum.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

So if you flip scum OA I could feel much better about SNG who went from casing me on some weak logic to helping me lunch scum.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah I have considered that, it is weird. I think SNGs case on me is weak and bad and honestly a stretch. I can’t believe after yesterday’s EOD he honestly believes I’m scum.

But you were pinging me all D1 because you’re playing like the exact same game as you did in the last game. You have lots of little posts that amount to nothing in total. You’re spending more time responding to attacks than providing any scum reads. And you only seem to post when prompted to by a case or vote on you, you never seem to post of your own will to try and find scum.

I’ll admit I’m being lazy but I feel I’ve at least said who I think is scum and who I think is town. If you think I’m posting like I am last game then that’s fair enough

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Sandwolf posted:

So if you flip scum OA I could feel much better about SNG who went from casing me on some weak logic to helping me lunch scum.

Yeah well I ain’t gonna flip scum sorry to disappoint, I’d bet my bottom dollar that SNG will though

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m not sold on you OA but if you wanted me to vote elsewhere you’d have to persuade me and right now you seem more interested in talking this case down rather than talking another case up.

You think SNG is scum, okay, why should I vote him over you

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Not sure what you are getting at here, are you accusing me of lurking? Or is this a reference to my previous game?I’m not going to criticise anyone for sitting back while a big slap fight is happening, it’s a smart tactic for scum tbh.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by this? Specifically, "sitting back while a big slap fight is happening?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Sandwolf posted:

I’m not sold on you OA but if you wanted me to vote elsewhere you’d have to persuade me and right now you seem more interested in talking this case down rather than talking another case up.

You think SNG is scum, okay, why should I vote him over you

Well I feel like I pointed out why earlier but okay when I’ve got a bit more time this evening I will lay it all out with quotes and poo poo