Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

I was curious about this. My experience with movie tie-in cereals has always been poor; I vividly remember how disappointed I was as a child to realise that the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Movie cereal was just re-boxed Frosties.

It was an impulse buy. I give it a 6.5 out of 10. Maybe a 7, if I was really hungry or high or something. Next time I buy a junk cereal it’ll be Trix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Mushroom, leek, bacon souffle

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
My power is back on and the poo poo in my fridge might be all dead after 18 hours. My freezer might be ok but I don't want to give up on all of my Costco top sirloins.

So probably pizza and wings.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

god drat well done

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Yeah fridge stuff that actually needs it is probably trash, freezer stuff should be ok though I think?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

That... looks... AMAZING.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Thai green chicken curry with basmati. It was a spicy builder. Milk was required.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Sautéed chicken breasts finished with a garlic butter pan sauce, roasted squash medley as a side.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Tullamore Dew and probably leftover pizza from last night. Dominos.

I ordered a Brooklyn style pepperoni and onion pizza and it took like an hour and Dominos is usually super good with their delivery. The guy came with my pizza, wings (which I also ordered and demolished) and an extra pizza which I thought was very nice. Too much pizza for me though. So now I have half a lovely brooklyn style. They make it terrible now, absolutely terrible, and another pepperoni normal Dominos style pizza in my fridge. Then again my power was out for a day and everything in my fridge is probably gone.

Very nice gesture, and they sent me a 20% off coupon.

That's my last-night-and-tonight dinner story.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Tullamore Dew and probably leftover pizza from last night. Dominos.

I ordered a Brooklyn style pepperoni and onion pizza and it took like an hour and Dominos is usually super good with their delivery. The guy came with my pizza, wings (which I also ordered and demolished) and an extra pizza which I thought was very nice. Too much pizza for me though. So now I have half a lovely brooklyn style. They make it terrible now, absolutely terrible, and another pepperoni normal Dominos style pizza in my fridge. Then again my power was out for a day and everything in my fridge is probably gone.

Very nice gesture, and they sent me a 20% off coupon.

That's my last-night-and-tonight dinner story.

I gotta get me some Tullamore. So much smoother than Jameson.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Made some stuffed chicken but was out of feta, used this super sharp cheddar, came out dope

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
Pork loin with rosemary and thyme, steamed green beans, baked potato

Wife isnt into pork loin so she got some linguine with the tomato sauce i made the other day.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

How does souffle keep and reheat anyways?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Mordja posted:

How does souffle keep and reheat anyways?

You end up with some thicc eggs. So the answer is that it doesn't really.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
pizza :smug:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

and what did your wife eat

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Tofacos with a summery potato salad.

Tofacos were tofu grated on the box grater and cooked with genero taco seasoning, queso fresco, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, and salsa verde. First time trying this tofu grating business and it worked seriously loving brilliantly.

Potato salad was all about inspiration from the garden. Fingerling potatoes, some peppers I roasted on my camp stove, some green onions and radish greens all dressed with a tiny bit of mayo, lemon juice, watermelon jelly and fish sauce because who would eat a food without glutamates????

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aardvark! posted:

Just sat there and slowly licked and suckled the folds of an Arby’s roast beef sandwich for hours, horsey sauce evenly smeared and glistening on her lips, wishing, wondering what that volleyball coach would taste like. “Oh uh, hey honey you’re home so early!! How was the pizza?” :j:

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I ate 1000 calories worth of dark chocolate and salted caramel. I think tomorrow I'm gonna try and make grilled cheese sandwich burgers, where you use grilled cheese sandwiches instead of buns. Maybe that or grilled cheese sloppy joes. I'll probably need to eat that with a knife and fork.

I love how juvenile my palate is compared to y'alls. You're all like "I had a beet salad, duck confit, and a scoop of lightly sweetened rosewater sorbet with just a touch of honey", while I'm like "I had some scotch eggs only I used cadbury creme eggs instead of chicken eggs, and a ham and cheese sandwich only I used more ham instead of bread".

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Pasta puttanesca, and gently caress it I forgot to bring the leftovers to work for lunch.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Pasta!

With tomato, chilli and lamb.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Aardvark! posted:

rear end

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Take out pork lo mein

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Pizza with roasted mushrooms, bacon, mozzarella, and feta

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Homemade pollo fundido

Idk if it’s regional. chicken chimichanga covered in jalapeño cream sauce

edit: idk why it was upside down

nexous fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Aug 14, 2021

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Bonus concerned dog

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Looks bad Todd.

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

nexous posted:

Homemade pollo fundido

Idk if it’s regional. chicken chimichanga covered in jalapeño cream sauce

Why is it upside-down?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Tiggum posted:

Why is it upside-down?

Speaking of upside down, has anyone else taken to eating foods like pizza flipped?

Why would you want the bready bit to hit your tongue first vs the flavour explosion that is pep/cheese/whatever, as long as it's not scaldingly hot.

I feel like half my life has been a lie.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Because them my plate would be covered in chicken and bacon

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

apologize to that poster. and more importantly apologize to that dog

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Last night I had angry chicken and greenbeans

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Sarah Millican’s Tuscan sausage and tomato pasta. Ground up chicken sausages, onion, carrot, celery, plum tomatoes, fennel seeds, rosemary, oregano, chilli flakes, garlic paste, balsamic vinegar, penne pasta, a sprinkle of Parmesan and fresh basil leaves shredded up.
I went slightly overboard with the balsamic vinegar this time but it’s always a winner.

Jaxts
Apr 29, 2008
Going on night three with no power, so it's peanut butter and banana sandwich tonight

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Aardvark! posted:

apologize to that poster. and more importantly apologize to that dog

Sorry puppers :(

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Ollie accepts your apology

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
:peanut:

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Sushi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I stopped drinking 2 days ago yet again so I've had two pickles and two pieces of string cheese over the past 48 hours.

Tonight I took a cheap sirloin tip (leaner) steak out of the freezer and I'm going to try to make it good. I always like to try making cheaper ingredients better. I've had it marinating for about 7 hours and I'm going grill it. Then I'll use some normandy blend veggies and make a mix of lemon vinaigrette dressing with a horseradish mustard. Maybe yellow mustard would be better for this application. Not sure. I don't know if that'll turn out but I want a simple mustard sauce for it and that sounds like it might work. I'm then going to roast it for a while.

It'll be nice to have a homecooked meal again and not pizza and wings 2-3 times a week.