Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

It's not easy being 40C000
Parallaxing to the Xtreme

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

i make two 16" pizzas instead of splitting it into 4 balls tho. i think getting the stone and oven to the right temperature is ultimately more important than what dough recipe you use, but this is my favorite of the ones I've tried

Thanks!

With take out prices rising, I've been experimenting with homemade pizzas, but haven't tried making my own crust from scratch yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Ulillinguist posted:

Thanks!

With take out prices rising, I've been experimenting with homemade pizzas, but haven't tried making my own crust from scratch yet.

i don't bother with the greased baking sheet either; i just throw the whole thing in a ziploc bag when I'm finished mixing it, then into two bags once i split it.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
half a Rotisserie chicken and jalapeno cornbread from the grocery store. have avoided store made cornbread for ages because it's so cakey but I figured jalapeno wouldn't be. Honestly not cakey, p decent

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006
Scars are tattoos with better stories.
Homemade Chipotle bowls

I took some fresh cumin rice, ranch beans™ (jalapeno style), topped with grilled mushrooms onion and sweet chilé, homemade guacamole, diced tomato, and really spicy marinated cabbage with extra stripey jalapeno.

It's real spicy, but that's how we like it. If we're not banging our hands on the table and coughing violently, it's not spicy enough for us.

MooRooster
Mar 5, 2024

wine and hot fries. my oven doesn't work.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Made myself Chicken Keema Curry and used cut-up veggies instead of rice and I can't help but think the finished meal looks exactly like wet dog food.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Yesterday I ate 6 beef, red onion and pepper flavour sausages over the course of the day.

I can explain myself. The place I'm working at has a community fridge and it broke down. Just a few days ago it got a big delivery from Fareshare which was full of refridgerated and frozen stuff. These sausages were about to go out of date tommorrow. I slept in today and skipped lunch too.

I made a sausage, haricot and white kidney bean stew with the rest of them.

The usual suspects - garlic, paprika, bay leaf, thyme. I don't know why I threw 5 cloves in there too but it worked.

Couldn't be bothered making mashed potatoes so I had it on some toast.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Quoting myself because I'd recommend trying out this easy side dish

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Made a corn, bacon & jalapeno salad and it was so loving good. I brought it to a family dinner and it was devoured.

https://cookswellwithothers.com/2019/07/25/bacon-jalapeno-corn-salad/

The only difference I used frozen corn and sautéed it with some butter spiked with creole seasoning.

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006
My lady decided she wanted pozole and so we went to the store and bought 3 pasilla and 3 guajillo chiles and got to work on a soup base. She is learning to cook and so didn't think about how spicy the chile would be and used all 6 in her brother that made maybe 5 servings. It was fire. It was also really delicious, however the planned adult time we were so looking forward to was postponed until we are no longer covered in capsaicin.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I made "mexican lasagne" last night. You use corn chips instead of pasta and con carne instead of the usual sauce.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
So especially loaded nachos then?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Butterfly Valley posted:

So especially loaded nachos then?

I guess. But not at all edible with your hands as nachos generally are. Unless you also think of lasagne as finger food.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Tiggum posted:

I guess. But not at all edible with your hands as nachos generally are. Unless you also think of lasagne as finger food.

The way I eat lasagna, yes I do

Chip S. Challenge
Mar 20, 2024

Hint: You don't need the fire boots, but they could help later on.
finger food is a mindset

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

There was a pizza place in Coeur d’alene Idaho that had a pizza with con carne sauce and jalapeño bacon and some other toppings that I can’t remember and it was amazing.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

One of those packages of dry falafel mix, fried up into pita sized rectangles. Tossed on a pita with hummus, tomato, cucumber, lettuce, feta, sambal, and garlic sauce. Side of Greek seasoned roasted baby yukons. Oh, and quick pickled red onions I made the other day.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

bird with big dick posted:

There was a pizza place in Coeur d’alene Idaho that had a pizza with con carne sauce and jalapeño bacon and some other toppings that I can’t remember and it was amazing.

Want to eat that. My wife's dumb hyper religious brother lives over there, and we head there once a year or so. A rad pizza sounds like a good excuse to gtfo for a while.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

i wanted filet mignon and a potato, so we had those things

Gambit from the X-Men fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Mar 28, 2024

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That sear...:mediocre:

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006
Black pepper, and black salt tofu fried rice. Tastes like peppery eggs in fried rice. Highly recommended.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Looks good to me

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006
Was feeling chicken katsu curry like I can get at CoCo Ichiban but that's like far, and I don't even eat chicken.

So I used some curry base and mirin and cooked up some onions and potatoes (I also don't have carrots), out it on some rice and fried up some "chicken" broth marinated tofu, like fried chicken. I used mustard as the egg coating (its emulsified and holds the tofu and the flour well) and somehow I made vegan food? Is curry base vegan? I don't know.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

that sounds delicious and also looks it

had fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and green bean casserole last night

[

patty melts on sourdough tonight. cheddar and provolone

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Imgur still friggin sucks, so can't add an image. Did traditional bangers and mash. Blend of root veg, potatoes, parsnips, and turnips. Got some marrowfat peas for the mush. American btw, doing all the dinner cultural appropriation.

All with a thick onion gravy

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

i had a good hoagie and some really horrendous onion rings from the local deli. the only saving grace was the cup of horseradish mayo they sent along to dip the rings in. they were really lousy though. hadn't ordered the rings before, won't ever again.

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

Aishlinn posted:

i had a good hoagie and some really horrendous onion rings from the local deli. the only saving grace was the cup of horseradish mayo they sent along to dip the rings in. they were really lousy though. hadn't ordered the rings before, won't ever again.

It's difficult to make deep fried food really bad, but it happens. What a shame. Hopefully the hoagie was worth while.

There have been times when I was really looking to treat myself with some fried food and it was bad or the french fries were stale and starchy, and I remember thinking how disappointed I was. Sorry your rings were lousy. Maybe a hard drink or a dessert will make up for it.

I had some dim sum and broccoli leftovers. Now I'm drinking a THC/CBD drink.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Ulillinguist posted:

It's difficult to make deep fried food really bad, but it happens. What a shame. Hopefully the hoagie was worth while.

There have been times when I was really looking to treat myself with some fried food and it was bad or the french fries were stale and starchy, and I remember thinking how disappointed I was. Sorry your rings were lousy. Maybe a hard drink or a dessert will make up for it.

I had some dim sum and broccoli leftovers. Now I'm drinking a THC/CBD drink.

well, there's 2 kinds of onion ring styles. there's the beer battered style where the coating is more smooth, and then there's the more crumb-y crust which has more of a fried chicken sorta texture. i find the smoother, beer-battered style to be better. these were that style, but the batter was really thin and they were WAY overcooked, so the onion inside the small amount of batter had all the moisture cooked out of it, so it was like a battered rubber band. Its hard to gently caress up fried food, but overcooking them is one way.

but yeah the hoagie was pretty good. an italian from a real deli is much harder to botch. I only got the onion rings because the hoagie alone wasn't enough to qualify for a delivery and i was having one of those days where i couldn't be bothered :v:

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Chili cheese dogs

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

I needed something really easy on my stomach, so it was rice and steamed veggies with dumpling sauce on the side.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I'm going away for a few days and had some vegetables I needed to use so I threw them in a pan with some herbs and pepper and salt and ate them with some rice.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
A super lazy shrimp fettuccine alfredo. I ended up eating the whole pan. In my defense, I haven't eaten anything today and I'm going to go to bed soon. It turned out pretty good. I usually always make too much pasta but I weighed it out and it worked!

Food filter again lol.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Oi, looks like my “what do I have laying around”, I’m not a pasta guy but Alfredo, Sardine oil and Garlic Broccoli Parm Lemon thing I made earlier

Nice and light but punchy flavor

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

a sexual elk posted:

Oi, looks like my “what do I have laying around”,

That was precisely what it was! Worked out well.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

made a kind of bastard sweet and sour pork over steamed vegetables last night.

pep on olive oil tonight. i need to make more sauce

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

'Bear's paw' tofu and steamed millet

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

dol sot stone pot bibimbap

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

bird with big dick posted:

dol sot stone pot bibimbap

gesundheit

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Pennywise the Frown posted:

A super lazy shrimp fettuccine alfredo. I ended up eating the whole pan. In my defense, I haven't eaten anything today and I'm going to go to bed soon.

Immediately going to bed after eating like 4k cals may not be the defense you suspect it is.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Immediately going to bed after eating like 4k cals may not be the defense you suspect it is.

That was 5.80oz of pasta, which is a lot, but it was that plus the 500ish calories of alfredo and those tiny rear end shrimp, not loving 4,000 calories' worth.

:thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i loving wish it was that easy to eat 4000 calories. its pretty hard to eat 3000-4000 calories of normal food. a lot of people hit those numbers by eating hyperpalatable junk food and/or drinking their calories (coffee drinks, beer, pop)