Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

A leftover Donair after I got a 2fer deal at lunch.

They weren't great and in fact better cold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That's a greedy amount of green beans

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I love ordering risotto in a restaurant because it really is a hassle but goddamn it's great

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Wendigee posted:

I hate pot roast I had to eat it like once a week then leftovers for years growing up. Carrots, potatoes, onions, broth, salt, pepper.

My mom grew up on a rural farm and salt and pepper were flavors.

Memories

First world problems amirite?

*gets showered in boos

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Leftover pad see ew, I've loved everything from this Thai place but kinda meh on this

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

GoutPatrol posted:

Had canned peas and carrots, maybe for the first time, and that sucked.

The only acceptable canned vegetable is wax beans

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Nm

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

So what are we talking

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I'm a lot happier dying before 70 eating fuckin incredible cheeses than longevity and cottage "cheese"

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I could see that

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

pro starcraft loser posted:

gently caress, that's brilliant.

It's legit one of the hottest tips going, works like a charm

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I dont like HP sauce that much for steak but I gotta say, in shepherd's or cottage pie it is so goddamn good.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Leftover porkchops with mushroom gravy from dinner with grandma, for a true classic touch she cooked the gently caress out of them.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Those scallops are loving ridiculous.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Dawwwwwk it's me the guy throwing away delicious chicken skin.

I'm really disappointed in you.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Fartington Butts posted:

There's usually enough dressing for twice as much lettuce.

And 4.5 croutons.

Not gonna lie, I love a sloppy caesar

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Chinatown posted:

a quality frozen pie imo

plus you can always dress it up with toppings for cheap

Cooking frozen pizzas then throwing on whatever cheese you have on hand in the last few minutes is so obvious but I never used to do it and it really ups the ante.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

So I'm gonna throw some shortribs in the slow cooker to bring to a dinner ahead of time, with no BBQ avail is the broiler a decent call to reheat them and maybe get a bit of a crust?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

My mom gave me some curry and the cocksucking lid broke on the way to work and now my car/me reeks of tumeric

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I undercooked the steak so I tried throwing it in the microwave for a minute and it actually worked.

Nice lookin meal!

As long as you get a good sear, if you're unsure it's always better to go rarer, the mick-rowave is just fine for finishing it up if you're careful.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Ville Valo posted:

Good advice, thank you. I’ll give it a shot. Slowly getting more confident I’m not going to kill us with a little rare or a little well done steak.

Steak is reaaaally hard to gently caress up beyond salvaging. Shoot for the colour you want and if it gets overdone god made steak sauce for a reason.

Don't forget meat keeps cooking for a little bit out of the pan too.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I always found the beans hate weird, they're so unoffensive and good for you and there's still plenty of meat in there little babymen.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I remember we had to wait for our order at burger king once and the manager walked our food over and put his thumb drat near through the burgers so they wouldn't fall off the tray, was that you?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I love mahi mahi so much, underrated fish around here.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Decided to try pizza and wings from the little shawarma place down the road from my work and holy goddamn poo poo.

The pizza is amazing, regular cheese seems like extra from most places and it's so drat GOOD. I was a little miffed they charge an extra dollar for breaded wings but whatever, and they were perfect too.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

It was regular price if you wanted to eat baked wings LIKE AN ANIMAL

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Did you saran that poo poo or just throw it into the fridge in the box?

:cmon:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Made slow cooker ribs with a nice rub and a homemade sauce, got home and had a taste, amazing. Took the lid off to let them cool, immediately fell asleep, woke up to about 50 flies in my kitchen and rotting ribs.

Super fuckin choked.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Yeah fridge stuff that actually needs it is probably trash, freezer stuff should be ok though I think?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Tiggum posted:

Why is it upside-down?

Speaking of upside down, has anyone else taken to eating foods like pizza flipped?

Why would you want the bready bit to hit your tongue first vs the flavour explosion that is pep/cheese/whatever, as long as it's not scaldingly hot.

I feel like half my life has been a lie.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Slow cooked an outside round and some potats, mixed veg and made a red wine horseradish gravy that I could honestly just drink

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Currently making a marinated chicken breast in a "fajita" marinade I found on the internet and normandy blend veggies.

12 minutes in the air fryer overcooked it. :(

How was the marinade tho?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I was carrying a delicious 3 meat casa di mama pizza to the dining room topless, and when I manoeuvred through the doorway the pan burned the everloving poo poo out of my nipple.

Wasn't expecting a dose of bdsm with dinner.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Looks legit af

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

3 years ago I tried to make some kind of French braised chicken dish and I hosed it up SO bad that my wife decided that she doesn't really like chicken anymore

That's honestly pretty impressive.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I'll take your word for it that there's cheese underneath that herculean amount of toppings, looks great!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Salmon's been my favourite meal since I was like 6, it's so goddamn good.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Agree, canned salmon is not an acceptable poo poo version like tuna is.

Hell, my cats turned their noses up at it.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I'll never gently caress around with ribs any more in the oven, slow cooker since I'm a chump and don't have an instapot + finish under broiler or on bbq, fuckin amazing.

Had super crunchy chicken tacos, slaw, cheese and crystal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That's why you finish it with the broiler or bbq and you've never made ribs, :cmon:

Don't forget to remove the membrane, some people say don't bother and they're gross idiots.