Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
BEEF Wellington from a Gordon Ramsay Restaurant®

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

maybealabia posted:

Sounds expensive

I'd like to try it

It was really boring. Not nearly worth the $70

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Literally A Person posted:

I hope you brought a gameboy and played pokemon at your table while eating your $70 steak pie

no i sat at the bar and read a book on my kindle.

the couple next to me ordered burgers with NO SALT. NO SPICES OF ANY KIND

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

bird with big dick posted:

I ate at the one at Tahoe a while ago and was not impressed. Scallops didn’t have a good sear, Wellington was okay but not amazing. Only thing I loved was the sticky toffee pudding but my gf has since made it at home and hers is just as good. I don’t think it’s a dessert that requires much in the way of technique or skill tbh.

The sticky toffee pudding was indeed pretty good.

I had much more delectable food at the ROBERT IRVINE PUB and some sports bar I got a steak at, both half the price lol. Smdh

the onion ale soup was basically about as good as any restaurant French onion soup I've had too

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
sous vide + air fryer chicken drumsticks, lemon rice, asparagus

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
got pork chops cookin. more lemon rice. vegetable yet to be determined

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
pork chop + asparagus

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
chicken tender soft taco w/ hatch chile cheese, mango habanero salsa, chopped cilantro, sour cream, hot sauce

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
air fried some frozen fish and shrimp, steamed some broccolini, made a lemon butter sauce

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
made an enormous burrito

instant pot pork shoulder, canned black beans, shredded cheese, Pico de Gallo, cilantro, sour cream, hot sauce

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
made huge burritos with leftover black beans and rice and cheeses and salsas and smothered in cheese and sour cream

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Chinese food:

Egg Rolls (NOT spring rolls which everyone here calls Egg Rolls!!!!)
Combo eggdrop wonton soup
Sesame chicken

Delish :grin:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
frozen lasagna & yeast rolls

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i had half a rotisserie chicken left from lunch and shredded the meat and made 3 burritos with the addition of refried beans and all sorts of goodies.

only ate 1 of them

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
grilled chicken sandwich on potato bun with black pepper cheese, bacon, lots of mayo, tony chachere's, and a tiny bit of honey mustard. divine

side of air fried frozen grocery store brand fries. fine

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

is that an absolutely tremendous spoon full of mashed potatoes or just your fork stuck in to a pile of mashed potatoes

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

pro starcraft loser posted:

So mad there aren't croutons in any salad let alone a hoagie salad.

What's the dressing?

a salad chain restaurant opened near me recently that doesn't have croutons on the menu. Like wtf

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
another day of peanut curry

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
broccoli cheddar soup with flaky biscuits for dunking

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
fettucini with red pesto sauce, hot Italian sausage, mushrooms, mozzarella, fresh basil and oregano

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i got a smoked turkey drumstick from the Walmart and heated that sucker up along side some marshed perterters and sage/onion stuffing

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
honestly I just ate a bunch of hush puppies for din din tonight

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
2 chicken tinga tacos with fire roasted corn and fresh made raw creamy jalapeno/cilantro salsa (v. spicy)

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
last of the tuna noodle casserole I made a couple days ago (creme fraische+sour cream based with loads of frozen peas and capers)

handful of shredded cheddar added before nuking (it's my kitchen ill nuke leftover tuna all day :colbert:)

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
leftover Mississippi Pot Roast + made garlic mashed potatoes using the fat from the pot roast

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i ate a big can of baked beans for dinner (heated up)

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
pork burrito bowls. made mexican rice with corn earlier + a pork shoulder this afternoon cooked in Chipotles in adobo and onions. blended the sauce with cilantro stems. served with cilantro and sour cream

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

a whole rear end chicken

grocery store rotisserie or?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

AARD VARKMAN posted:

pork burrito bowls. made mexican rice with corn earlier + a pork shoulder this afternoon cooked in Chipotles in adobo and onions. blended the sauce with cilantro stems. served with cilantro and sour cream

this but i made them actual burritos with refried black beans + cheese + pico served WET (con queso y salsa) + freshly made cilantro Serrano salsa + sour cream

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I can't get enough of the combo of tomato sauce + vinegary hot sauce in general. I go through so much franks but it makes cheap sauce so edible :cloudnine:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Braved the mandoline to scallop some potatoes. Only like an hour until they're done :sweatdrop: will eat it with the last of the pulled pork

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
half a Rotisserie chicken and jalapeno cornbread from the grocery store. have avoided store made cornbread for ages because it's so cakey but I figured jalapeno wouldn't be. Honestly not cakey, p decent

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Spaghetti with Italian sausage and frozen spinach. Sauce was cheapest store brand sauce with fresh garlic and lots of dried Italian seasoning added. Delish and super cheap

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I grew up on those. Recently I went to a bougie grocery store and there were two entire freezer door sections of variants of them which kinda blew my mind

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i drank a pitcher of piña coladas and ate half of a sous vide cooked 5 lb pork loin with my bare hands

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i seared up some slices of the remaining pork loin and ate them over some TAMAGO KAKE GOHAN

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i ordered Chinese for the first time in months and i could barely get through 1/3rd of my generals chicken. think my palate is no longer accustomed to deep fried salty goodness.

doubtless a good thing but rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Serious talk I like beans fine and would eat them for breakfast but I wouldn't put them on French toast wtf