Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
A&W

Valko posted:

These things are about a foot long.

1,600kg :wth:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
A tray and a half of fig and goat cheese puff pastry blooms.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
A particularly anchovy-heavy Caesar salad, then chana masala chickpea daal with coconut rice (separated by ~2 hours)

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Caesar salad and leftover Detroit style pizza

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Oven roasted pork butt with sautéed button mushrooms.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

EEKA GEEK posted:

Oven roasted pork butt with sautéed button mushrooms.

The leftovers of this

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I'm more of a plain sparkling water with dinner fella myself. In my experience a sweet beverage does little to emphasize the flavors on the plate :lofty:

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
A nice homemade lasagna

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Even worse is just calling every type of pasta sauce gravy

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Last night it was ricotta gnudi with broccolini and fontina

Tonight, shepherds cottage pie

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Lasagna bianco tonight!

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Quiche florentine much later but I'm gonna through some bacon wrapped jalapenos in the oven right away.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
That's quite an onslawt :dadjoke:

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Tacos with hard shells flavored jalapeño, mild chilli and yellow corn (colored green, red, and classic yellow respectively), impossible beef, habanero cheese mix, axiany tomatoes, guac, green onion, sour cream, and lettuce. Mug of frothed eggnog for dessert.

Might have the rest of the tacos tonight. I’m not hungry but they’re drat tasty.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I’m not sure what the provenance is of the yellow maize that’s used here but for example tortilla chips will typically come in either white or yellow varieties, presumably based on the kind of flour used. I also see blue corn and red tortilla chips for sale that don’t appear to be artificially coloured, afaik these are all approved for human consumption :shrug:

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Pappardelle with lamb meatballs. Eyy! Ohh! I'm Italian' over here!

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Nooner posted:

layers where bread with a spread of whipped mayonnaise and cream cheese and a layer of smoked salmon/scallion salad spread over it, another layer of bread this time with egg salad on top, then another layer of bread with ham/dill pickle salad on top, then last slice of bread to cover it and whole thing "frosted" with the whipped mayo/creamcheese

I've heard of hotdish before... but this sounds like "colddish". Lol!

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Last night, Tom yum kung soup :yum:

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Some balsamic blue cheese and pear flatbread thing, currently prepping beef bourguignon for tomorrow so might make a sandwich or something with the bacon that’s left over. Feels like a late night.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Beef bourguignon. Sooo good!!

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Tomatoes get tinny tasting after being refrigerated.

Tonight, whipping up a big batch of potato pancakes with sour cream and applesauce.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Went grocery shopping, ended up grabbing Wendy’s on the way home. Too lazy to cook after all that.

Bacon Deluxe and large fries. Bacon portabello mushroom melt starts tomorrow otherwise I’d have got that.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

nexous posted:

Meat, eggs, onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, oven

Salt :v:

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Currywurst!!!

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Eggplant caponata and Caesar salad

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Just a tray of deep fried cheese stuffed olives meant to be served as an appetizer for a party, rice pudding for dessert

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Valko posted:

I had sanwiches too. A couple of BLT's. Just moved in so I'm keeping things simple while setting up.

Have you unpacked the toaster yet? Personally I’ve only ever received/prepared a blt on toasted bread :lofty:

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Ordered a meatball sandwich and got just meatballs in a cup with a dinky little slice of burnt toast :negative:

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Cottage pie, though I still call it shepherd's pie out of habit

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Had a rare breakfast for dinner consisting of maple sausage and silver dollar pancakes with extra dark maple syrup

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Cabbages and Kings posted:

avocado: more or less controversial than pineapple? I love grilled avocado, got a surprising amount of hate for this on my discord.

It's a polite no for me, OP

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

AARD VARKMAN posted:

not dinner time yet but today I picked up a premade buffalo mac & cheese from the grocery store deli ON SALE 2 dollars down from 6. and just noticed it's buffalo ranch. pray for me

Definitely rolling the dice with this one

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Wow looks great. Love a good shrimp or oyster po'boy or both

Tonight I am having smokies

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Tiggum posted:

\I bought this book for my sister a few years ago (because she hates to cook). Unfortunately she hates to cook so much that she's only made one thing from it in that time. The fact that the instructions are all in American may have been a factor. But today I made the "Pedro's Special":

I had to make some approximations, substitutions and guesses for the American ingredients \

What of this would even constitute an American ingredient? :nallears: The ostensible American-ness of it all doesn't really seem like that much of an obstacle tbh

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Tiggum posted:

Pounds, ounces, etc. need converting. Not sure what "round steak" is, but I just used lean minced beef. The aforementioned sauce. I'm told that "chili powder" means some kind of spice blend in America, whereas in Australia it means dried, powdered chillies. No idea what actual size a "medium-sized" bag of corn chips is.

Round steak comes from the 'round' of the cow AKA the rump. Chili seasoning is a blend of spices but chili powder sounds like it means the same thing. For the corn chips I would say the medium bag would be larger than an individual sized bag and smaller than a family sized bag- so probably the typical bag that would be sold.

Life is easier when you memorize metric/Imperial conversions imo. I was raised on metric but growing older I very much understand the vibes-based appeal of some of the english units

Agreed the format of that recipe is less than ideal but it's good that the weighed ingredients are things that are sold by weight and don't require busting out a scale.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I've only ever seen dried chilis labelled as chili powder and this supposedly ubiquitous chili powder mix labelled as chili seasoning :shrug:

Tbf in the supermarket it is usually a Club House or Old El Paso packet that just says CHILI on it, next to the ones that say ENCHILADA and TACO but that doesn't make it chili powder any more than those others are enchilada powder or taco powder.

I don't know why the purveyors would deliberately confuse consumers by calling such functionally different items by the same name. Chili powder can be used in a number of dishes in different ways- chili seasoning will make your food taste like a bowl of chili. The people have a right to know!

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Plate needs more color. Sprig of parsley or something

Lol

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Personally, I don't buy asparagus if it's thicker than a pencil... :o:

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Red Lobster tonight :jp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

AARD VARKMAN posted:

You think you might eat a cheddar bay biscuit or two?

I had exactly two