Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

some motherfuckin' crunchy tacos with homemade fresh salsa and El Yucateco red

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

pro starcraft loser posted:

Hard shell, hell yes. Thank you for joining the resistance.

Also that salsa looks fantastic, well done.

I am an equal opportunity taco lover. all tacos are beautiful

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

mother's day meal: lobster and shrimp stuffed cod with mashed reds and asparagus. first time in a restaurant since last march and it was nerve wracking but we're both vaxed so it should be ok. not planning to make a habit of it. tipped almost 40% lol

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Valko posted:

As for when to add the chicken? It really depends on the curry and how the chicken has been marinated. [EDIT] Sorry, I was in a hurry. If you've had the chicken marinating in yoghurt for a while and it's going into a thick curry or if the curry is thick and creamy, stew the chicken and don't fry it. If it's a curry that's in any way dry or depends on dried spices as a base then fry the chicken instead of stewing it. That's my opinion anyway, I'm no expert.

honestly if you're marinating chicken in yogurt for a tikka masala-type thing, your best bet by far is to broil it. get that nice char on the edges, closer to a tandoori chicken. really good. it's an extra step but it's fast, then you just chuck it into the sauce.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

taco salad

I had leftover taco stuff to use up. iceberg, turkey taco meat, avocado, tomato, red onion, cheese, some crushed tortilla chips, hot sauce. "dressing" was just sour cream mixed with some taco seasoning. so it was pretty much just taco dip mixed together :hai:

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

campbell's tomato soup with macaroni in it, and a grilled ham and cheese sandwich

was gonna make shrimp scampi with broccoli but my broccoli went bad :(

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

a tuna melt!

english muffin, tuna salad with capers and onions, tomatoes, cheddar

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

my patented lazy rear end, healthy but delicious meal that takes 10 minutes: shrimp scampi with a ton of steamed broccoli bathing in the shrimp juice

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

last night I made some lazy pasta: linguine with a bottle of Rao's arrabbiata sauce, shrimp, mushrooms, zucchini and some leftover basil

highly recommend Rao's pasta sauce if you can find it on sale. it's like $8/jar regular price but it's really loving good. I usually get it for like $6 which isn't bad considering I get like 4 meals out of it

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

You can keep fresh ginger in the freezer. Grate it on a microplane from frozen when you need it

E: beaten by nooner, shameful

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

that paste isn't going to take the place of fresh cilantro though. you gonna squeeze a line out on a loving taco? make a swirl on aloo gobi? ew

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

shrimp tostadas, but without avocado qq

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

too lazy to do much

campbell's tomato soup with some elbow noodles in it

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I just made a giant simple salad: romaine, shredded carrots, shaved red onion, parm, my own red wine vinaigrette

would have included some rotisserie chicken but the store was out :argh:

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

last night I made smoked sausage and shrimp jambalaya

tonight is going to be salmon teriyaki with broccolini and rice

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

last night I made dry fried green beans and chicken with a generic chinese brown sauce, very tasty

Aardvark! posted:

have any of you ever had salmon salad? Like, canned salmon + mayonnaise style as if it were tuna. I haven't ever used canned salmon but maybe that'd be good. with a SHITLOAD of dill, natch.

forget canned salmon and get yourself a big hunk of hot smoked salmon, then flake that into cream cheese, mayo, capers, dill, onions, lemon etc to make a smoked salmon spread

this salmon chat is making me happy I got a couple sides of really good coho salmon on sale for $7/lb the other week :smuggo:

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

grilled a bunch of veggies in a balsamic marinade and put them on rolls with pesto and fresh mozz melted on top

side of grilled asparagus

we ate a lot of veggies today

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

shared some hummus, falafel, and a chicken shawarma sandwich from the middle eastern grocery store/butcher

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

gonna make jambalaya tonight cause mardi gras

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

grilled vegetable sandwiches with balsamic marinaded portobellos, red pepper, zucchini and red onions. plus fresh mozzarella melted on top

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

potato and cheese perogies, smoked polish sausage, cabbage and onions all fried together

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

football, crap weather, farmer's market peppers = first chili of the season

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

nexous posted:

But did it have beans

it will

I hope this offends people

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

AARD VARKMAN posted:

i need an extremely low effort meatloaf recipe please. no food processor. anybody?

Beef, crumbs or bread of some kind, little milk, egg, packet of French onion soup mix, Worcestershire. Ketchup mixed with cider vinegar and brown sugar on top. Bacon under the glaze if you’re fancy

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

red beans and rice made with a leftover ham bone from a half priced ham

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

stuffed salmon from sam's cause it's better than the costco one, mashed potatoes, broccoli

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

chicken piccata, angel hair, asparagus, Easter candy

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

made a generic Indian curry with chicken, potatoes, peas, tomatoes and coconut milk. plus lemon rice

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

nexous posted:

Wife’s out, dad time

New York strip w hasselback potato and IPA

Real star of the show?

20 year old cheddar cheese* between each potato slice

*i only used the 5 year old cheese or my wife would be sad

We like the 7 best for snacking. Don’t think I’ve had beyond the 12 though

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

nexous posted:

The 20 is an experience that I would recommend. It’s so full of cheddar that the particles decide to form little crystal unions that explodes in your mouth.

Some goon on here alerted me to the 20 year sale and I got it for my now wife who fuckin loves cheese. It was such a fun dumb gift that it’s near the very top

Yes, the younger cheeses, including the 7, have crystals too, though probably not as much. It’s cool as poo poo.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

a friend gave me a ton of their garden tomatoes so I made BLTs with Nueske’s pepper bacon, the best bacon for BLTs

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

pork chops with apples and onion and a pan sauce made with broth, apple cider, cream, Dijon, sage, thyme, and bourbon

the falliest of fall meals

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

all I can see is the hair on that cheese :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I'd still eat anything with those onions on it