Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i got hypersonic xtreme on the ps2 because it was wipeout with a track editor but the frame rate was so awful that i only played it once and never even bothered to make a track

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lmfao

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

NienNunb posted:

When I was 6 I traded my cousin his copy of Super Mario All Stars for my copy of Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World because I liked the box art of the former better.

Dude lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The Kins posted:

i could have gotten goof troop instead...

this games better

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mostly licensed stuff on nes altho i learned my lesson after buying back to the future 1+2 and renting bart vs the space mutants so i learned to avoid acclaim and the ljn seal of poo poo, and then when we got a cd-rom for our computer i thot every game wtih pre-rendered graphics would be good like myst but instead they were usually bad fmv raiil shooters. cheers

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
laughin jokin numbnuts

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hes holding a sword.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

was it this or War Gods that was the really garbage one

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Picked this out of a school book catalog instead of civ 2

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i bought virtual bart in a bargain bin because, since it's simpsons, it was 100% guaranteed to be a good game like my mario and donkey kong

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

was it this or War Gods that was the really garbage one

both of them but iirc war gods was worse

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I bought High Heat Baseball 2003 because Tommy Tallarico hated it so much on G4's Judgement Day

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
thank you for reminding me of tommy tallarico

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The first time I ever got angry at the tv was when he called Wind Waker "Wind Breaker" and gave it a 3/10

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
i never missed, thanks nintendo power.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Fungah! posted:

both of them but iirc war gods was worse

yea mace at least looked cool until you play it. war gods was just a proof of concept for mortal kombat 4

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

the video game that taught me video games could be bad

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
rented home alone for megadrive probably more than 10 times. it wasn't a good game in any way but I liked that you could combine items you found to make different weapons

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff posted:

i bought virtual bart in a bargain bin because, since it's simpsons, it was 100% guaranteed to be a good game like my mario and donkey kong

I never owned Virtual Bart but I rented it multiple times as a kid. It’s not like I didn’t know Simpsons games were garbage, I had played Bart vs. the Space Mutants, Bart vs. the World and Bart’s Nightmare already

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I wanted this game so bad

they had an arcade cabinet at Straw Hat Pizza but we didn't have any quarters so I didn't get to play and I was obsessed with going back and playing it
I'd already decided the dude with the huge axe would be my guy, dunno why
but by the time we went back, it'd been replaced with a Crazy Taxi cabinet controlled with a joystick (?)

when I found out it was ported to n64, I looked in every funcoland / electronics boutique / babbage's / software etc, but they never had it
eventually n64 games started disappearing from stores
huge time gap
suddenly remember my childhood obsession. look it up... immediately lose interest

although I now have a sneaking suspicion what it was that drew me to the dude with the axe
:thunk::gaysper:

on the flipside, I had a similar experience with Zombie Revenge, except I actually did play it when I grew up, and that game is off the loving hook
it sucks, but it kicks so much rear end

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

Bizarrely, I remember this game having the best water level I've played to date. On the other hand...

SUPER ED

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

I'm pretty sure I 100%d this

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I spent most of my life remembering that Tonic Trouble had Orvil Redenbacher popcorn as a powerup but apparently it was Newman's Own popcorn.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

just add every n64 game to regretable childhood purchases since its the single worst videogame system of all time yes this includes european 8bit microcomputers as well as the past 3 generations of playsatation and every xbox after the original

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I never owned Virtual Bart but I rented it multiple times as a kid. It’s not like I didn’t know Simpsons games were garbage, I had played Bart vs. the Space Mutants, Bart vs. the World and Bart’s Nightmare already

i was about to post almost exactly the same thing, lol. we never got bart v. the world, but space mutants, nightmare and virtual bart were games we rented a ton but never bought. krusty's super fun house as well. i actually beat virtual bart on an emulator in college for some reason. it wasn't worth it.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

actually this game was kind of cool

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

i was about to post almost exactly the same thing, lol. we never got bart v. the world, but space mutants, nightmare and virtual bart were games we rented a ton but never bought. krusty's super fun house as well. i actually beat virtual bart on an emulator in college for some reason. it wasn't worth it.

krusty's superfun house is pretty decent since it's just reverse lemmings and a reskin of an amiga game

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the american sjws removed the googly eyes and diapers from the rats in the original rat trap found in the amiga version

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

Krusty’s Super Fun House is probably the best of those since it’s just a decent puzzle platformer

Nostradingus posted:

actually this game was kind of cool

We had this for PC thanks to my uncle giving us several boxes full of pirated games and software on floppy discs when we got our first computer. It was pretty good but I was mostly interested in playing the indie pixel graphics hidden gem Doom

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

my favorite Krusty's Super Fun House story is that once, my brother and i decided to sit and play it together on an emulator, and for a reason i don't remember, i had to send him one of the save states in an email. i wrote it up quickly while he was sitting there - the email subject line was "Krusty's Stupid Fun House" and the only email text was "NOW WHO"S LAUGHING?" which was some kind of inside joke at the moment. i forgot to attach the save file and fired it off to his first initial and last name at gmail dot com, which i was sure was his email because it was taken when i went to register a gmail account (he has the same first initial as me). as soon as i hit send, he said "that's not my email address."

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I rented Bubsy multiple times as a kid OP.

my inexplicable repeat rental was the snes game Last Action Hero. I didnt even know it was based on a movie

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mycophobia posted:

my inexplicable repeat rental was the snes game Last Action Hero. I didnt even know it was based on a movie

Lol. A friend had the game gear version and it was garbage

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
i kept renting super pitfall for nes and couldnt figure out what to do so i just assumed it was because i was a stupid kid, so i would rent it every few months thinking i would now be old enough to figure out what the gently caress to do

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I remember wanting to play this game so bad as a kid after seeing it in Nintendo Power to the point that I had a dream about it. Not of playing it, mind you, just a dream of me renting it at the video store. I remember playing it and dying a lot but I don't think I hated the game I just thought I was bad at it.

The other game that is probably not so good that I rented a lot was the Spider Man: Maximum Carnage game because I was obsessed with beating it. I never did, though I did get to the last level with barely any lives and no continues left once.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

I forgot I had Bart vs the World on NES but I at least got a couple of weeks out of that one.