Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
IM FREAKING OUT

actually just typing that was exhausting i'm taking a nap and calling out sick for the rest of the week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Pawn 17 posted:

There’s been talk for like a decade about how vulnerable the systems that control our vital infrastructure are yet no one gives the slightest of fucks to secure them apparently.

Milo and POTUS posted:

That would cost money

Unfortunately you can throw all the money you want at this stuff but it won't fix stupid.

Listening to news people are still imagining some sort of l33t hxor sitting at their machine trying to beat the CIA FBI WTF in a race against computer skills.

When the reality is that many of these exposures are the result of dumb loving lazy desk jockeys opening attachments or following links from 'openme@notahacker.promise.net.russia.yourfucked.net.oval office'

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
OP i just wanted to add that your username is good and I like it and just I want to borrow a feeling

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
they're already dead

gently caress with our gas-oh-leen and find out

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
So apparently these idiots paid 5 million dollars to the hax0rs which guarantees plenty of follow up attacks

https://twitter.com/WilliamTurton/status/1392847175693049865

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

I know bitcoin is supposed to be "anonymous" but isn't it actually ridiculously easy to track and they'll probably find the people responsible?

Im sure they have a pretty good idea of whose responsible but you cant do much if they're sitting in a non extradition country

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
oh ho hum the 3 day panic must be over, filled up my truck at costco with 2 people in line (which never happens) and then filled my car with no people in line, im glad those idiots burned themselves

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
I have no idea why anyone bothers responding to that particular poster, you can't talk sense into something that has nowhere to put it

If logic were gasoline and you only had a plastic bag

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Tarkus posted:

Sbuying along with the group can be a rational human reaction to external circumstances even if it isn't always necessary or if it is it's own self-generated panic.

Human yes rational no.

Rational is a word with a specific definition that is entirely non-applicable to panic.

It may be the opposite in most situations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
a titty grabber