Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Akshuly I was thinking that Kyros is closer to the Neo-Assyrians (in their early iron age, giving them strategic advantages in mobility and supply thanks to new boots with nails in them and iron bands on the outside of chariot wheels making them less likely to break, horrifically abusive practices towards imperial subjects, superlative cruelty (Nerat would not particularly stand out among them), survived a while thanks to the oppressed refusing to unite despite their regular revolts before, among other things, their technology spread to their imperial subjects) than it is to the Medes / Persian Empire that helped bring down the Neo Assyrians despite, well, Cyrus the Great, and, furthermore, I am quite amazed that we don't see the Empire use a Neo Assyrian technique: forced relocations of vanquished populations to other controlled territories in order to break down social and cultural links and enforce compliance, something the British empire learned to use quite well in...

Oh.

Well.

I'm gonna pick the cat pun okay?

Quackles posted:

Bottom, 8th portrait from the left, call ourselves Svetnyana. :kimchi:

SIGSEGV fucked around with this message at 05:09 on May 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Ninurta posted:

Google translates this as Ministry of Defense, Organization of ATOM and that this film is Perfectly Secret.

Also, the Honey Eaters Brigade? Please tell me that was just a mistranslation of Honey Badger.

It means bear, bears eat honey.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Xander77 posted:

You'll probably never discover this, as he won't barter for it, won't accept cigarettes, and killing him aggros the rest of the town so you'll reload before you ever get to loot him... but Abraham's Kippah gives +10 to bartering.

Cool. Very casually cool.

It's those cool little details like the FATAL -4 STR thing that really tell you a lot of heart was poured into a game. Not necessarily the right kind, but heart nonetheless.

By the way, Navalny is also a tremendous piece of poo poo, which led to Amnesty International's fun little dance in which Navalny re-earned his place as a Prisoner Of Conscience by poo poo-talking Putin rather, hang on, being less of a naziesque piece of poo poo.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Sewer Mafia Jobs sound more dignified.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Szarrukin posted:

Same reason the most popular critics are those with mostly negative reviews. Game doesn't matter, show matters.

No, TGEK's concurrent LP for most of this one has been Tyranny and the conclusion is that Tyranny is pretty good even if the combat gets quite repetitive, and there's few RPGs where the combat manages to find a sweetspot between gimmicky and repetitive. (Also the endings system being a bit borked.)

It's about finding things which have pretensions of being interesting and kicking the tires. Tyranny passed. ATOM didn't.

E: Tyranny had faults but most are from lack of time and work hours poured in, rather than the base design ability we've seen in the case of ATOM.

SIGSEGV fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Nov 21, 2021

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

The thing is that, seeing the overall quality of the thing, I'm not certain that the shittiness is wallpaper over the design and not actually the design.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Kill because it's not like you've solved a lot of problems in other ways before now.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I am getting very excited now, some cross between reading horrible things like Neo-Assyrian Royal histories, reading horrible things like ancient Romans talking about how Tiberius wasn't actually that bad because he didn't make our great ancestors pay taxes, and reading horrible things like Tvtropes pages about an amputee sex slave pokemon romhack.

SIGSEGV fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Dec 1, 2021

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Hey now, this quest probably fleshed out the anatomy of the writers, truly worthy of a Tvtropes page.

I'm somewhat torn between which one is the worst of this one or the pizzagate one.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

They wanted really hard to make a thing that said something, but didn't actually have something to say, like the difference between people who want to be writers and people who want to write.

Sad.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

The sex bits being weird and bad through trying to "be more mature" is just another example of the maturity of the writers, yeah, also it doesn't speak well of their ability to contextualize what the gently caress they are writing (but then again a lot of writers badly need to read The Iron Dream and then a good portion of them will need to have it explained to them) and speaks volume as to the quality of their souls.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I think the Anna Karenina joke is just about the only one that actually hits being funny in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

The proudly and smugly self aware shitstain is the T10 entry in the main shitstain line, just got to upgrade the engine and bob's your uncle, no nutcase to be seen and no real need to look any further, some people are like that.