Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
THE BEST MAN VS DARBY 71 56.35%
BUCKS VS SCU 40 31.75%
NAGATA VS MOX 14 11.11%
OC VS PAC 1 0.79%
Total: 126 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

HidaO-Win posted:

If the Bucks retain, who is the first championship to get unseated out of those four?

Bucks on dynamite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

Book Lee Moriarty on Dynamite

Top of the list, for sure.

HidaO-Win posted:

So Double or Nothing

Kenny is almost certainly retaining.
Miro is probably retaining.
Britt is almost certainly beating Shida.
That leaves the Bucks vs Unscripted Madness?( Mox and Kingston)

So do they go back to touring with four heel sets of champions, or do they slap the tag belts on the lads?

If the Bucks retain, who is the first championship to get unseated out of those four?

Definitely the Bucks, to either PnP or Best Friends to kick off a summer of good feelings.

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 23:39 on May 19, 2021

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

HidaO-Win posted:

So Double or Nothing

Kenny is almost certainly retaining.
Miro is probably retaining.
Britt is almost certainly beating Shida.
That leaves the Bucks vs Unscripted Madness?( Mox and Kingston)

So do they go back to touring with four heel sets of champions, or do they slap the tag belts on the lads?

I think we do All Heel Champions for one PPV cycle. Then maybe a hero rises in RAMPAGE to dethrone Miro at All Out, and the Lucha Bros finally get the bucks there too.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

They started ramping it down in 97 and completely discontinued :05/:35 start times in 2000.

quit posting lies

Guillermus posted:

Dark is just worth for the Ex and Taz podcast.

thats the point of dark. folks are like 'im not watching jobber matches' lol the jobber matches arent the point

they were hilarious last night as always. dark is the best

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

There's nothing wrong with Archer being the Main Eventer Gatekeeper, the Kanes and Gotos of the industry are important.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I'm probably in the minority, but I think they've done such a good job of clearly establishing that none of the titles are gonna get hotshotted that they can start bouncing at least one of the belts around a little bit more frequently just to keep things interesting.

The obvious thing would be to do it with the TNT title, but I could also see giving, say, Best Friends/Lucha Bros/PnP/FTR shorter title reigns throughout 2021 to build a narrative of "the top of the tag division is insanely competitive"

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MorningMoon posted:

I think we do All Heel Champions for one PPV cycle. Then maybe a hero rises in RAMPAGE to dethrone Miro at All Out, and the Lucha Bros finally get the bucks there too.

I think they'll do Lucha Bros vs. Bucks mask vs. hair at All Out instead of it being for the titles.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

I think they'll do Lucha Bros vs. Bucks mask vs. hair at All Out instead of it being for the titles.

So do BF over Lucha Bros at DoN to begin their ascent to the titles, which frees up the Bucks/Lucha apuestas match.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sanguinia posted:

There's nothing wrong with Archer being the Main Eventer Gatekeeper, the Kanes and Gotos of the industry are important.

It's the right role for him to get a few pushes a year where he causes chaos but doesn't get overexposed.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Pylons posted:

That would give the bucks a reason to further change their look and not emulate that part of Shawn Michaels career. The headband on Nick is the cowboy hat on Shawn.

E: and I say this as a guy who was in denial about his baldness and just shaved his head this year. It's freeing.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I am not a huge toxx head, but if Archer wins, and by the following end Dynamite he still has the TNT championship I will eat peanut butter and tuna on crackers

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I wish I was going bald. It's a dignified look. I wish I had a skullet. Cursed with thick feathered locks.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

NienNunb posted:

I wish I was going bald. It's a dignified look. I wish I had a skullet. Cursed with thick feathered locks.

You could always become a Freebird.

Then again, you'd have to spend time with Michael Hayes.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Unless Archer will be the one to eventually take the TNT title off of Miro, I think this is a bad idea. Archer already lost feuds to Mox and Cody. If he loses the feud to Miro then I think they run the risk of ruining him.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
they're not hot shotting the TNT Title to Lance Archer as much as i'd mark out for it, it'd be a bad move

only title changing at DoN is Shida's, and yeah, then probably the bucks next, but i've NO idea who will be the ones to take the belts. i feel like the lucha brothers are due, and pnp are due. if they start a feud with pnp post DoN, they're getting the belts

edit:
miro just had his character beat, lance needs his, he's still just "guy with jake", despite being interested in Sting, he loses to Miro and has to decide which way his future lay

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I think it goes Bucks > Best Friends > FTR > PNP then maybe Lucha Bros

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
it'd be hard to argue the best friends don't deserve the titles, drat

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I am not a huge toxx head, but if Archer wins, and by the following end Dynamite he still has the TNT championship I will eat peanut butter and tuna on crackers

You should eat the Archer diet anyway and let us know how it is.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

As said elsewhere Lance doesn't need this. He can be AEW's Kane and that's fine. Not everybody can be champ.
(Archer is great mind you. But right now Miro is better at being a similar act).

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Archer is very good but also, you know, it’s fine to have a cool big guy who always remains over and does cool stuff, serves as a gatekeeper even if they don’t win the big one. doesn’t mean they’re ruined or can’t tell cool stories with them, but it’s fine to have those guys. not everyone can win all the time and that’s just part and parcel of having an extremely talented roster

sincerely,

a Hirooki Goto fan

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Bard Maddox posted:

Archer is very good but also, you know, it’s fine to have a cool big guy who always remains over and does cool stuff, serves as a gatekeeper even if they don’t win the big one. doesn’t mean they’re ruined or can’t tell cool stories with them, but it’s fine to have those guys. not everyone can win all the time and that’s just part and parcel of having an extremely talented roster

sincerely,

a Hirooki Goto fan

I get what you're saying. I'm just saying that, to me, his character would lose credibility if he loses a third feud in a row.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
its weird hearing Miro praise Jesus for making him strong and good at kicking rear end, those dudes are always low key scary as gently caress lmao

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I feel like if they’re gonna put a title on Archer, it should probably be sooner rather than later. Like - not right now, but maybe also not years down the line. Dude can still go hard as gently caress but he’s also 44 and huge - how long is his body going to hold up?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Just realized DYNAMITE is a show on TNT
I'm still kinda shocked Tony didn't license the AC/DC song.

Bard Maddox posted:

a Hirooki Goto fan
Goto wins titles though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Dynamite Thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3968161
Discussion Thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3968181

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 03:15 on May 20, 2021