Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
THE BEST MAN VS DARBY 71 56.35%
BUCKS VS SCU 40 31.75%
NAGATA VS MOX 14 11.11%
OC VS PAC 1 0.79%
Total: 126 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

coconono posted:

I love Brandi's youtube show but I don't think she's a great fit for wrestling. Her matches are orchestrated chaos. As a personality, she's not that great at giving people enough breathing room to fire back at her. She gobbled up Jade the few times they interacted which was why it was great they transitioned Red Velvet into Brandi's spot.

I'm not saying Brandi sucks or won't get any better, but right now she's Dixie Tier. Which is better than Stephanie Tier, and I wanna see what Brandi Tier looks like.

Brandi's best when she's being funny because she's really funny and charming. She can sometimes be intense and forceful but she's uneven like that and she's never quite pulled off being threatening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Gumball Gumption posted:

Wow, way to leave out the great mutant nation of Krakoa, the living island.

This is Arakko erasure and that loving shameful after everything :--I A I--: sacrificed.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Shard posted:

So I'm pretty sure CD was busted open gateway judging from that picture.

The blade is literally in the frame on the ground after the ringpost spot. He definitely took a real shot to get the black eye but the bleeding was not hardway.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Pylons posted:

Huh, I wonder how they're gonna handle his role in the Stadium Stampede then.

All kicks.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

MorningMoon posted:

...this is kinda the best Dark Order theme by miles??

Tough call with Anna Jay's but it is loving awesome that he's got a theme already.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

That was absolute gold and I am adding it to my vocabulary.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

It's definitely a time when his theatre training has got to be just a massive asset.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

:honk: is good enough in the ring and that's what matters.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

All Elevation needs is that elusive something with the commentary team, maybe Paul and Toney just need more time to finish gelling but I just can't help but feeling like there's some element that they're missing. I don't know that it necessarily needs to be a third person, though someone not another white man would be welcome, just something to give them definition. Dynamite has Excalibur as the glue, Dark has the glorious weirdo chemistry of Ex and Taz, Elevation just needs its thing.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Mr. Squishy posted:

I agree they should hire Veda Scott.

This would be my preference but I think that at this point it's just not going to happen. I'd thought about Starks but he'd be a third color commentator (and a damned good one) when what they need is Excalibur II.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Do Dark and Elevation have a Spanish desk? I wonder if Alex or Dasha would be an option. Hell, I wonder if CD has ever done commentary.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Ibexaz posted:

I want Jake the Snake to lead a faction of animal themed wrestlers

Bear Country, Luchasaurus, the Bunny, Sea Stars, Fenix, Scorpio, and Serpentico. Too powerful, please nerf.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Lamuella posted:

The Solow / Dustin match was great because it did two things effectively.

1) Showed off Dustin as a cunning veteran who still has fire in his belly

2) Showed off Solow as a cocky upstart who will take advantage when you underestimate him

It could have just been a Dustin squash but Solow really shone.

And hopefully

3) Laid more groundwork for Dustin/Comoroto Bullrope Match as the DoN Buy-In (or wherever.)

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

It's strange too because in Deeb's Unrestricted episode she had plenty of personality and charm but the one promo she's done for AEW was absolutely bottom of the barrel bad.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I do like a good rampage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Pylons posted:

Eddie and Ricky wouldn't have gotten signed otherwise I don't think.

And even though WARHORSE was done dirty we wouldn't have gotten his entrance song, which loving owns. (Give WARHORSE another go around TK.)