Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
All right, I took last year off, but I've got a lot of meetings to sit through this summer and I'm going to try to do it on a GBA emulator, having played so many runs through the Matrix version on my phone that I can't possibly sit through another cutscene. I got Monk / Knight / Mystic Knight / Red Mage, which is... interesting. Is this one of the rarest parties where the Brave Blade might be worth it? Or is it just never worth it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
I'm quite rusty having taken last year off... is there a good place to grind out a few hi-pots for Sol Cannon or do I need to go for elixirs in the Wind Shrine?

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Drunk Nerds posted:

Thanks for the solid answers. Where can I get dark matter? I only have one and the wiki seems to indicate I can't farm them on World 2.

You can steal them in W2 but no drops, sorry. You have a lot of options, though: https://ff5.mega64.net/index.php/ms/mix You can set yourself up to absorb fire and bring the fire crystal down to nuke mode to keep healing you, you can float over the earthquakes, you can shell/protect/regen/reflect yourself, you can double your hp so you can take a blast while you tear them down one at a time. You can get dragon fangs in Drakkenvale. Here's the best drop list there is: https://ff5.mega64.net/index.php/drop-steal-guide/ds-w2

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Just about any party with a Bard can get through NED at very low levels. Low level triple crowning is quite a bit harder, but with a Bard you can get through NED with no Almagests, so not much can stop you.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Jose Valasquez posted:

Overall, this was a really fun run. Each boss was a fun puzzle.

Just want to throw out some appreciation for your certifiable insanity, this is great work!