Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Here’s a dirty secret… I’ve never had to update a patched rom before. Can I patch over the patched rom or do I need to use the clean one again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Is it ok to send your victory tweet with a modded NED in it or should you do a vanilla run for your first “real” victory?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

30.5 Days posted:

What is the preferred platform to play FFV on these days? Is it GBA, or SNES, or something else? Is there a switch version maybe?

Generally speaking, GBA.

hopeandjoy fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jun 13, 2021

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Hellioning posted:

The real question is it if will have the dummy targets and Berserker magic underflow glitch.

These seem to be straight up the roms on an emulator so probably.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Actually looking closely, the sprites for 5 and 6 look like the Matrix ones but pixel-y instead of blobby.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Mustached Demon posted:

:toxx:
In light of the FF: Origins trailer, I'll donate $1, up to $25, for every Buttz named CHAOS. Quote this post with a screenshot of CHAOS.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntQ-utIdWWE

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Mega64 posted:

It'll start as soon as RK wakes up and starts it manually, whenever that may be. He lives in Japan so it might still be a couple of hours.

It’s about 7 am in Japan currently, so I’d expect it sometime this evening.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/1404227199205482498
Let's go.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Starting off with Thief. :shepface:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

God Thief is so hard to beat early bosses with...

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

30.5 Days posted:

I don't know anything about final fantasy v, so I need to know what makes the BEST TEAM. For everyone telling me why their team is the BEST, I will donate $10, up to $250. To be clear, I know absolutely nothing about final fantasy V, and we are operating on the honor system, so definitely don't make anything up to get kids the surgery they need!

I think my current team of Thief, Time Mage, Geomancer, and Dragoon will serve me well!

I even have two mages for the bosses that only want you to use magic against them! Rolling with an early Thief really keeps you on your toes for the early bosses and the game encourages you to utilize their abilities to outfit them.

hopeandjoy fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jun 14, 2021

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I had Thief/Time Mage/Geomancer myself but at least I could snap rods.

My sympathies.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Galick posted:

Hi there! I'm the one making the Waddler rebalance and this is my first foray into game modding in general. I hope the people who choose to use the rebalance have fun with it, and if you find a bug or anything, please let me know!

Related :toxx:

$5 for every person who plays a Fiesta using my rebalance, up to a maximum of $100. I'll take your word on the honor system, but let me know what you think of it in general if you do!

Aerdan posted:

https://twitter.com/aerdan/status/1402644546073288705

Adding a :toxx: for Exdeath's NED replacer feature. The floor's still open for submissions for that, by the way.

Shyfted One posted:

:toxx: $1 for each unique (not default or even Cactuar since that's become common) NED sprite submitted for victory. This is per each replacement option per person. So I'll only accept 1 Neo X Death, Yiazmat, etc victory shot per person. I want to see a variety! Max of $75?

Arrrthritis posted:

For NED, I'll be donating $2 for every downed party member when Neo Ex-Death is defeated. (i.e. if Butz is the only party member standing when NED is defeated, I'll donate $6. Or if you have two members standing I'll donate $4, or $2 if you have three party members standing).
Toxx cap: $100

https://twitter.com/hopeandjoy9/status/1406428947961745410

First completed Fiesta ever. :toot: Is it the new meds? Is it the lack of active depression? Is it the fact I got myself locked out of my FF14 account like a moron today?

...Yeah, it's the later.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I want to do a 750 run next but I don’t want to get saddled with Geomancer again. Doing a Random run would reduce the chance of Geomancer, but I also don’t want dupes of jobs.

I guess the answer is #Reg750 and job fair away Geomancer if I get it…

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Koobes posted:

This is Lenna, Princess of Tycoon. She loves animals, and is one of our 4 party members. She also likes to get poisoned for reasons unknown to even us.

for every boss beaten while Lenna is poisoned, I'll donate $0.10, up to a max of $100. How she gets poisoned is up to you.

Here's the freebie one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

MachuPikacchu posted:

This is a galaxy brain solution and I can't believe it actually worked. Fortunately my emulator has a Fast Forward button.

My emulator froze when I turned on 10x speed for too long, so I was denied an Omega win.

I just. Really did not want to sit there for hours.