Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

If these are von Neumann probes there should be no problem destroying them and trying to reverse-engineer any available tech, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

maybe human civilization is just some alien's game of rimworld and most of the time he leaves it on fast speed and alt-tabs but sometimes he clicks a button or something i dunno. im calling it the "rimworld hypotehsis"

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

after corbell's video on the TMZ special tonight I am convinced that aliens do not exist and all UFOs are either drones or plastic bags.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Hooplah posted:

it's a little vicariously embarrassing because you just know corbell cares deeply about his image and definitely read the comments

maybe he should take that poo poo to heart and not go hyping up videos of a couple drones like a dummy

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

[UFOs] Close Encounters of the Grift Kind

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Azathoth posted:

Seriously though, aside from guys like Bigelow, is anyone in UFOs doing better than "mid-level author"?

Like, I bet Giorgio Tsoukalos does well between books and TV and convention appearances but he's gotta hustle for it.

UFOs is a lovely grift. There's not even any money in it. You would be better off spending a career in the military and taking all your secrets to the grave.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Seems like nothing is gonna happen with this topic for a while and I'm hoping my level of obsession dies down soon. I'm hearing an increasing frequency of Bigfoot mentions when trying to find new, recent UAP material to listen to.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

where is the HD bird video

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

we are the aliens' gorilla channel

makes u think

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Igniknokt came up to me, his face bleeding from a (badly needed) crash, begging for a transdimensional hyperinducer...I SAID NO!

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

bedpan posted:

I think this is one of the big things now preventing disclosure. UFO recoveries have been kept secret for so long (more than 50 years) that the current generation of military and government officials don't want the bad press.

It's time for the federal government to come clean...lol

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Wheeee is softening

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Many people are calling it a hardening

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

"On July aitee the whole program is gonna change"
"Cool...you guys seen The Matrix?"

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

i seen fire and i seen rain
i seen aitees that i thought would never end

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Pontificating rear end posted:

Weak, the next date should be at least a month out, as to perpetuate the unsustainable hype-machine

this is just avi loeb trying to scam some more oumuamua money

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Bilirubin posted:

isn't he doing an AMA on Reddit tomorrow? r/UFOs iirc

Yeah, it's apparently happening in like 45 minutes

https://www.reddit.com/r/UAP/comments/ofis86/mark_the_date_prof_avi_loeb_ama_sun_25th_july/

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Only one week until Anjali's press conference at the Lincoln Memorial

Can't believe this is the next content getting served up. This has been some real inside the great pyramid type poo poo. DoD should have listened to Tom DeLonge.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Log082 posted:

Amazing how every indication we get of the actual numbers in the Drake Equation push the answer upwards. Of course, that just makes Fermi's Paradox more interesting.

Here's a neat video that explores some aspects of the Fermi Paradox in an interesting way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3whaviTqqg

Basically, humanity is in the first 10% of civilizations that will ever exist in the universe because as civilizations survive through the eons they smother opportunities for new civilizations to exist.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

my bony fealty posted:

the latest American Horror Story is about birds and appears to be hitting all the mythos classics, with Eisenhower meeting aliens and cattle mutilation and ufos stopping cars and poo poo. unfortunately it's also loving terrible to the point of being unwatchable and I turned it off after 20 minutes

The turn also had me shutting it down as soon as we meet our "main characters" who get a dossier flashed on screen explaining what they are doing, which ivy league school they somehow graduated from, and their obvious shallow personality traits. AHS used to be good but that episode after the first 15 minutes was astonishingly unwatchable.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

somebody with an unbanned twitter account call this guy a dummy and tell him to upload it to youtube today

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

cant wait for the upload to mysteriously get cancelled and the video to be mysteriously deleted from the guy's devices

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

drat I take a nap for two hours and the video is already gone what a drat rip