Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

What if aliums are sus imposter???

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Interesting compilation of things Tom Delonge has said.If you read this with an open mind this could explain the entire UAP.Could be nonsense as well.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

WEH posted:

Delonge is either in on the game or is being used imo

no Jesus was an alien trolling humanity, and there are alien cities on the moon.

don’t take this from me

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://mobile.twitter.com/seanilling/status/1394833996287152128

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Somebody has issued a correction as of 18:29 on May 19, 2021

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

quote:

The UAV was estimated to be approximately the same size as an F/A-18 Super Hornet, which has a weight of about 32, 000 lbs, corresponding to 14, 550 kg. Since we want a minimal power estimate, we took the acceleration as 5370 g and assumed that the UAV had a mass of 1000 kg. The UAV would have then reached a maximum speed of about 46, 000 mph during the descent, or 60 times the speed of sound, at which point the required power peaked at a shocking 1100 GW, which exceeds the total nuclear power production of the United States by more than a factor of ten. For comparison, the largest nuclear power plant in the United States, the Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station in Arizona, provides about 3.3 GW of power for about four million people

this is wild. I honestly am starting to believe that there’s something here.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

also with the whole warp drive thing going on ( two different groups of scientists claiming warp drives are possible), happening at the same time as the ufo thing started up.

idk. Life might get more exciting.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

wow. from politco

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

PawParole posted:

wow. from politco

this is a UK politics column, so the govt. insiders he talks about are in the British government, and supposedly have prior knowledge of what's in a US govt. report. If the report was going to be a nothingburger, would the UK government be getting briefed on it?

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

I cannot see any religion outside of like raelism that would care. Christians would claim original sin only happens to humans, Muslims tend to believe allah created multiple nonhuman species, Judaism isn’t an evangelizing faith, etc.

maybe the type of American evangelicals whom Reddit believes all religious people to be, but they’ll probably just claim its demons.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Looks like they are trying to let out only parts of the information and not all of it.

What they can (and now have) let out (Disclosed):

UFOs are real

Their technology is far beyond ours

We don't know where they come from

We are powerless to stop them

What they may let out:

Aliens are here

There are different types of aliens

Some look like us; others look frightening to us

What they will never let out:

Abductions are real

Mutilations are real

Many of you have been abducted and have had your memory erased

Some aliens have a breeding program with humans

You have been anally impregnated without consent or their knowledge

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

people in this thread are repeating and futhering harmful anti-xenos tropes, like anal probing and cow molesting.

do better.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

the United States government will hire rpg players to larp as the alien invaders. traump will be the gm and the source book will be GURPS Traveller: Interstellar Wars

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

if Aliens invade I will become a traitor, even if they’re evil pulp aliens that want to turn human beings into funko pops or whatever.

We’ve had civilization for 7k years and that’s a good run.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

I will snitch on all of humanity for the alien equivalent of Iraqi dinars.

I don’t care

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqO0Nc5oxE0

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

"She said that there are only 7 planets in the whole world that are like the earth where the dominant life form has the simple problems. She called them the simple problems, not me. She didn’t tell me a list of the simple problems, but she told me some of them that were prayer and faith healing and churches and sorcery and magic and all that kind of stuff, mostly all stuff about religion. And of those 7, she said there were only 3 where people experienced deja vu, or believe in prophecies, or that worship idols. We are one of those three and that’s why the Friends of Friends are here. That’s why the others were here, too, and that’s why the next group is coming in July. Gina says that they know that the whole world isn’t really what it looks like but it’s actually the creation of a single intelligence and that we and everything exist inside that intelligence. I asked her if it was like the Matrix and then I explained to her what that was and she said it wasn’t like that at all and so then I asked her if was like when that hospital show ended and it turned out to all be a kid imagining it in a snow globe and she said it wasn’t like that either. But she said that it’s the one thing that everyone in the world agrees on, all these thousands and thousands of advanced civilizations, they apparently all have proof that the world is imaginary or a dream or a computer program or something. And they study earth and the two other planets like it because they are pretty sure that these three planets and the intelligent life on them are either mistakes, like accidents, or else one of them might be the center of the whole thing and everything else is a mistake or an accident. They want to figure out which is which so that they can better understand the intelligence that creates the world."

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

TeenageArchipelago posted:

yeah, the whole thing reads like it was written by someone who, uh, isn't doing well. But this part just makes it incredibly clear

if you abducted the average American that's how they would type.

quote:

But the people up there now are different. But now there are people up there who look like business men and military men. They are sitting up there on their own without being guarded, and they are having meetings, and they are watching something on screens and talking back like probably with people back on Earth. They are wearing like army uniforms and military jackets. I’ve heard these people up there speaking in English and in languages that I don’t understand but, I mean, I know that some of them were Chinese, and some were Japanese or Korean, and there were some that were French because I do recognize French. I’ve seen people who look Arab and African and everything you can imagine. They are in contact with us. I know that the U.S. government is in contact with them because I’ve seen American military up there and also because when the U.S. government men kidnapped me they asked me questions that they couldn’t have just made up. They had information about the ships and about what they have done to me on those ships and about me, and the only way they could have gotten all that information was if they were also talking with the friends of friends or whatever you want to call them. And that was years ago, so I know that the government at least knew about them years ago. And you wonder what you’ll learn from the report?

he might be delusional or schizo or whatever but he's probably not lying

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Vomik posted:

lol yeah blame mental illness. it’s not like anyone has ever just wrote a lie on the internet before and published it. that’s unheard of

how do you think an honest person would type?

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

TeenageArchipelago posted:

I mean they may not be lying but if not then it's because they are delusional. Earth has aliens coming to it because we happen to be the one special planet that has.... uh.... religion? The person is just writing a bunch of self-aggrandizing bullshit, and if you want to believe it because it's fun then go for it, but I expect a bit more subtlety in my fanfiction

7 planets have it

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

That grey alien puppet interview upthread tries so hard to be weird and sublime in the right way and fails utterly with the "we evolved on Earth and came back in time to learn how the humans died" thing. It's too linear and explains too much. This one gets the weird sublime exactly right. It has to be incomprehensible and have weird details like the alien basically describing the plot of The Matrix, then the guy explaining what The Matrix is, and then the alien getting confused and saying that it's not remotely close even though what she describes is basically The Matrix.

yeah, if you tortured the average dominos employee dude and stole away his adopted niece and gave his best friend cancer, I don't think they would be off the DM-5.

the fact that redditors think this is a larp because the aliens didn't tell him about the super-secret science makes it even more believable. how many biologists tell sharks they catch about how motors work?

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Turtledoves Worldwar series ( in which lizard aliens invade earth during ww2) is far better.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

The Race are a proud species of reptilian aliens with tens of thousands of years of culture, bringing an invasion fleet to the primitive world of Tosev 3 (locally called Earth) to bring it into the Empire and the light of civilization. They expect a fairly easy conquest given the locals' lack of sophistication. Their probe mission, just eight hundred local years ago—certainly nowhere near enough time to advance technologically at all—found sword-swinging savages riding on animals. Then, to their discomfort, they discover that the planet is emitting radio transmissions.

Arriving late in the local year 1941, they find the primitive industrial civilization of the Tosevites confusing, implausible, and an affront to the Race's rigid doctrines. Worse, if the Tosevites have advanced that much, it throws the certainty of the conquest in doubt. However, Fleetlord Atvar decides he could go down in history as one of three leaders to conquer an alien world, or the first to turn tail and flee without even having tasted combat. They go ahead with the conquest exactly as planned.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Carl Von Awesomwitz posted:

lol they get high on cinnamon and it causes massive problems for their invasion

ginger

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/GadiNBC/status/1398047184117927936

Pentagon confirms new Corbell video is authentic

Its interesting to me that the Pentagon is actually confirming these when they have no obligation to do so. They could just stonewall and refuse to comment if they wanted to. This makes me think the whole disclosure push is lowkey being directed by them

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

the nerds on Reddit made a google doc about throwawaylien

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QzkT71LQXAE_TWUYkeYA5O9wK_MYO8GwyUzltk7M3hc/mobilebasic

Since he deleted his account after Reddit mocked him for having bad grammar, this is the best source

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

the aliens use quantum energy teleportation to break vacuum passivity, and extract negative energy from the zero point field via injecting small amounts of energy into squeezed states within local-vacuum regions.

It’s pretty obvious actually.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Feral Integral posted:

what is a large coherent spin state in condensed matter? is that like aligning the quantum spin of all the atoms (?) in some matter? Does aligning spins effect gravity or something?

Spin-coherent states are displacements of some fiducial state (whose classical properties must still be determined), just like canonical coherent states (CCS).

They saturate the uncertainty relation ΔSxΔSy≥12|⟨Sz⟩| for any three angular momentum operators satisfying the usual commutation relations, similar to CCS saturating the Heisenberg uncertainty principle.

They have localized Wigner functions on the sphere, just like CCS being localized in phase space.

Their phase space distributions rotate rigidly under Hamiltonians of the form H=r⋅S for some real vector r (dubious because this is true for all states). This is also true for all continuous-variable states under a displacement operation there, so again this is not a good way of choosing coherent states.

They achieve the standard quantum limit for estimating a single phase, equivalent to a rotation around an axis perpendicular to the direction of their spin. CCS achieve the same limit in precision for phase estimation.
They are eigenstates of some spin operator r⋅S, just like CCS are eigenstates of the annihilation operator.

some more answers:

The fiducial state being displaced is a minimum uncertainty state, is a maximally-localized state in phase space, and is annihilated by one of the ladder operators. For SU(2) we know that S−|S,−S⟩=0 similar to a|0⟩=0 with continuous variables.

These states uniquely minimize the total variance Δ2Sx+Δ2Sy+Δ2Sz, just like CCS minimize Δ2x+Δ2p (the latter is sometimes known as total variance, quadrature coherence scale, mean quadrature variance, total noise, etc.), again for any set of orthogonal angular momentum operators (ie it doesn't matter if you displace the phase space before calculating these quantities).

They satisfy ⟨Ω|S|Ω⟩=Sn, where Ω encodes the angular coordinates (θ,ϕ), the unit vector n=(sinθcosϕ,sinθsinϕ,cosθ) points in that direction, and S is the total spin. For some calculations this lets us replace the spin operators with their expectation values.

For example, if the spins about which we are talking are representing the optical polarization of N=2S photons, the classical Stokes parameters are Sn and so we can replace the Stokes operators with scalar values. This means that we can consider only the classical Poincaré sphere when trying to understand the optical polarization properties of these states, which is not true of other quantum states.
They minimize other variance inequalities. For example, if we define n||=⟨S⟩/|⟨S⟩| and two other mutally orthogonal unit vectors n⊥1 and n⊥2, the spin-coherent states are the only ones that simultaneously saturate the three inequalities
Δ
2S⊥1Δ2S⊥2Δ2S⊥1Δ2S||Δ2S||Δ2S⊥2≥|⟨S||⟩|≥0≥0.

They form an overcomplete basis for the state space of the system ∫|Ω⟩⟨Ω|dΩ∝I, just like CCS.

Their Husimi Q-functions are the most localized in phase space. This is seen in many ways, one of which is the relatively recent proof of the Lieb conjecture, stating that the spin coherent states minimize the Wehrl entropy of the phase space distribution. CCS also uniquely minimize the Wehrl entropy in their phase space.

If the Husimi function is expanded in terms of spherical harmonics, the sum of the squared absolute values of the expansion coefficients is maximized by the spin-coherent states. Edit: this means that the states mostly have a dipole moment, less so a quadrapole moment, and so on to all orders. Other, more quantum states hide their information in higher-order moments that require higher-order correlation measurements to be unearthed.

They have the largest inverse participation ratios in terms of Husimi functions, again meaning they are the most localized in phase space, just like CCS are the most localized.

One can create a Majorana constellation with N=2S points for any state with total spin S, and the spin-coherent states have all N points degenerate to the same location on the sphere.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

more simply:

If the total spin S is made from N=2S qubits in a symmetric superposition, the spin-coherent states are the only pure states that are completely separable in a first-quantized description. This means they are the only states for which we can unequivocally say what each qubit is doing, independent of the others, which is something that we can typically say about classical states but not always something we can say about quantum ones.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

buy the $UFO etf if you wanna make money off aliens and think the pentagon will admit little green men are real

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

lol

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Every single poster in the D&D space thread is a moron, it's incredible.

they should be reality-savvy, it’s always the most insane option that turns out to be true.

That’s how the truampp universe works

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

It’s either aliens or swamp gas reflections the light of Venus

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

the pentagon spent 22 million dollars on interdimensional wormhole research , but the Department of energy told them to lay off because creepy super science is their forte

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

fake. that twitter is some debunked poo poo

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Aliens will create Twitter accounts and complain and sue about their representation in Hollywood movies

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

a purported part of the report.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

The pentagon just held a press meeting for 20 minutes and was absolutely closed lipped

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

as always, the military thinks “how can we kill people with this?”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

PawParole posted:

as always, the military thinks “how can we kill people with this?”

Funny that Pais is also the guy who was in charge of analyzing the alien artifacts.

not like aliens can get a noble prize anyway.

“ If we can engineer the local quantum vacuum state (vacuum energy state), we can manipulate a physical system’s inertial and gravitational properties.”

some mass effect poo poo