Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Hi all it's time for our quarterly 10% time sprint. I know it's been cancelled for the past two years but I bet you are all very excited

Remember all your pitches must align with our company goals and tech leadership will approve them if they do. Once approved you can use the excel sheet to sign up and if we feel the project aligns with your personal goals we will approve your assignment.

If you do not sign up to a project we will assign you one we feel matches your personal goals.

If your product manager has reached out to us about urgent priorities you will not be allowed to work on a project, but you can still pitch your idea!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

nick just told me it's canceled this year too. cfo says we need to focus on the big accounts

Neslepaks
Sep 3, 2003

i quit

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
why did we schedule this a month before the big product launch? half of engineering is furiously working to fix bugs so we can meet the arbitrary deadline you set

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
Can we get the swag anyway?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

i would like to propose that the burp piano,,,should have an option to fart as well

Pendragon
Jun 18, 2003

HE'S WATCHING YOU
I’m thinking we should get a good unit test framework going it could seriously cut down on the amount of hotf
oh sorry I’ll try to think of something more product focused

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

MrQueasy posted:

im sorry there will be no swag this year. we did a cost analysis of one of our designers spending a few hours a year making a tshirt and deemed it was an unauthorized allocation of funds

but dont worry we have docked their PTO in the appropriate amount that they spent making last years hackasaurus shirts.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

im sorry there will be no swag this year. we did a cost analysis of one of our designers spending a few hours a year making a tshirt and deemed it was an unauthorized allocation of funds

but dont worry we have docked their PTO in the appropriate amount that they spent making last years hackasaurus shirts.

Please help yourself to a complementary company branded napkin though.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

MrQueasy posted:

oh....... a company-branded battery charger..... thanks.............

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Truman Peyote posted:

oh....... a company-branded battery charger..... thanks.............

This year, the infosec team was going to hand out usb sticks!

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

the winning team will be allowed to pick something from the swag cabinet, featuring conference swag from the past decade, including reusable grocery bags, a phone charger, and a pack of pens!

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

autoforwarding all my mails to jonny

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
gonna take this time to document how some of our code works.

lol just kidding, I’m going to write a progressquest clone using company memes

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
:golgo:
takin PTO

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Tatsujin posted:

takin PTO

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
im going to spend a poo poo-ton of time writing something up while knowing with 100% certainty nothing's going to be done

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

i have a note from my doctor that entitles me extra 10% time

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I'll write an AI in my 10% time, it'll revolutionise our product my cv

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

I think it's time for something truly revolutionary. For my 10% time proposal, I want to write a new messaging app.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

look id like to help with the user testing but i really need to get the powerpoint together for the final presentation

by the way who is your favorite muppet so i can put together the team slide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Yes I will reinvent the wheel on one of the dependencies of our product. Why? Because I came up with a much better name for it.