Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

It seems like you could reasonably start the game in 1825, which is about when the independence wars in Spanish America wound down. Did something special happen in 1836 for the sake of the game?

railroads in england i think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

reddit post posted:

4 ticks per day, so the number of ticks per campaign is similar to EU4.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

bold of them to set the game in the kill six billion demons universe. i hope tom is getting some royalties

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

ilitarist posted:

Secret alliance doesn't sound like a great idea unless it's for a very specific offensive goal. Otherwise you're willing to bet another country will come and save you based on some piece of paper.

a piece of paper but also the realpolitik that lead to the decision to make the secret alliance? like no one is signing a secret deal to do some war out of the kindness of their heart

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

pretty sure that washed out colour on the map represents a not playable not centralized state but maybe thats just unrecognized

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

clearly they are an archduchy because after the revolution they decided to never have a king, and archduchy is the made up title for equivalent to king but not a king technically

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

thers probably a bunch of Roman drugs that they successfully pushed to extinction by over consumption

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

the thing were a revolution always ends up with one country is kind of rear end, like the american civil war was not going to end with the confederacy annexing the union ever right?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Magissima posted:

That's why the ACW is apparently special-cased. Is there another example of a political/non-separatist civil war that could have ended with two viable states in the time period?

the russian one? ended with like six more states than it started

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I take it you're not reading the thread? On the previous page of your post, like... maybe 5 or 6 posts before yours, someone posted this about what PDX said about it:

right I thought most of the point of the systems in the game was that they could get some what historical interesting outcomes without pre made special cases like that?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

The Cheshire Cat posted:

How does EU4 handle the AI for the nations? I feel like it's most likely to be similar to that.

individual rulers have personalities but also mostly the ai just examines its circumstances and tries to paint the map in all situations

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Cease to Hope posted:

you can form italy 1000 years early in crusader kings. chaos reigns and nothing matters

the first kingdom of Italy predates crusader kings by hundreds of years

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

yeah seems weird. public perception of valve is that they dont really put much effort into marketing or whatever so i would be surprised if they pursued some kind of exclusivity deal

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

it's hosed up that I can't go operate the steel mills too

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

until I get to decide which peach goes in which can the abstraction is too broad

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

extremely annoying that after putting down a revolution my entire economy is hosed up because the revolters changed all the production methods

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Wipfmetz posted:

I've just bought the game and just noticed that Cologne is on the _right_ bank of the rhine, not on the _left_ bank. Same with Mainz.

Please fix, game is literaly unplayable in this state.

i think you will find its on the west bank as correct

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Tahirovic posted:

Am I missing something or is there really no point in joining Diplomatic crisis and entering other nation‘s wars as player?

Other AIs can add wargoals meanwhile I am fighting a hellwar against Prussia + Russia in my Austria game and I‘ll not get anything out of it. If I had a console I would yesmen white peace that poo poo war.

So how can I add my war goals when intervening to protect German minors?

If it‘s not possible, it‘s probably easier and better to just go to war with Prussia myself and liberate all their minors.

ai can offer you bribes yeah. also if you are in a war and theres no war goals against you you can just capitulate to get out for free

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

and the war of the triple alliance!

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

you can build multiple copies of skyscrapers or the panama canal if you have enough construction capacity for them to start and finish at the same time and they will have their full effect and jobs lol

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Pakled posted:

So there's gotta be something causing the "bandit" trait to appear on leaders way more often than it should. In my current game, the leaders of Russia, Prussia, France, Spain, Britain, and Brazil are all Bandits, not to mention my own King of Dai Nam.

all kings are thieves. you just dont want to hear the truth

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

serfdom also restricts laws

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Gort posted:

What do other players do when their states are in turmoil? I just sort of ignore it and eventually it goes away on it's own, and I know there's the "Violent Suppression" decree I could use if I needed to, but I was wondering if there were tools beyond that.

cops make the turmoil do less

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

some of the big conflicts in the time period feature things like that! iconic things like the entire Russian navy being destroyed or the battle of hampton roads or the whole loving great war naval arms race lil

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

tax efficiency and population are needed to be in state also

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

fuckloads of people get fired all the time at trade centers as trade routes adjust size with supply and demand

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

infamy goes down faster the more unused influence capacity you have, as a percentage of total. also i think power rankings make it go faster too.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

treaty ports are not the only way to carve up states tho colonizing can do this also lots and lots of germany is little tiny specks

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

did they fix the thing where you could build as many panama or suez canals as you want as long as they were all in parallel and finished on the same day, to get absurd amounts of prestige?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

increase the cost of the good and the factory will be able to pay higher wages. or depress the local economy so the workers will not have higher paid jobs to jump to