Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Nitrousoxide posted:

I mean, with the number of provinces they have, unless they have a frontline system like HOI4 then they are either going to have a nightmarish micro intensive combat system, or a completely different military setup from previous games. Like theaters that you pour resources, men, and officers into rather than directly controlled units.

no points for guessing which one ends up happening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

V1 also made you promote every pop manually :byodood:

The joys of buying tons of coffee off of the world market to promote your farmers to craftsmen...

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

This is sort of a minor thing admittedly but "unrecognized power" seems like a very inapt term for, say, the Qing Empire or Tokugawa-era Japan, which rather famously negotiated treaties with the European states. "Unrecognized power" seems like it should be reserved for organized governments that lacked international recognition (Confederate States, Taiping Heavenly Kingdom, etc.) or various native societies that got bulldozed by the imperalists.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

lmao

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

Hmm, not sure I like importing CK ruler traits to Victoria 3...

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

karmicknight posted:

That's just George W Bush.

glad someone else said it, lol, was having an "am I crazy, or...?" moment

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

the game is currently hamstrung by a number of glaringly obvious day one issues that were somehow not uncovered over however many months of ostensible alpha and beta testing but are nonetheless capable of completely ruining games 30 or 40 years in. the economic model is cool but it is currently chained to the service of a deeply flawed military and geopolitical model that will take a long, long time to fix, if it's even possible to do so. there's also virtually no flavor outside a handful of countries.

in short, DAT'S PDOX BAY-BEE

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

as an aside, it's extremely wild/funny that we're coming up on three weeks post-release and they haven't fixed the turbo uber France thing

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

I like how one of the proposed oil fixes is buffing whaling stations. Sure, why not. Whale oil powered engines. Victoria 3 takes place in the Dishonored universe. gently caress it.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

Yes, the cotton gin massively increased the power of the slaveocracy in the short and medium term

edit: oops

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

Also, and correct me if I'm wrong, aren't certain aspects of WWI, particularly countries such as the Ottoman Empire, Bulgaria, Rumania, America, etc. joining after the start date, kind of impossible under the current diplomatic rules?

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

Gaius Marius posted:

HOI3 tutorial

only real PDOX heads will remember

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

CapnAndy posted:

Also, as a chaser before I start a new game, meet my bugged general. He's been "busy" for the last 40 years or so. He can't be mobilized, he can't be given orders, he can't be fired. And, apparently, it also made him immortal.

It's been almost a year and they still haven't fixed this? lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

Gort posted:

New patch just hit

Fixed several possible errors caused by Garibaldi

Harsh but fair description of Italy