Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1019903

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Elite posted:

I could not possibly be any more on board for DarkSouls-Fallguys-Jumanji-Candyland.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I would simply dodge roll through this guys attacks

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

throwing out a guess that the frog shikigami are former players, they're clearly pretty sentient

now then, let's all have something to eat

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Perhaps all of the NPC are Shikigamis

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1019928

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

starting to wonder if anyone is ever going to tell her she got chun-li and tien's special moves mixed up

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

hell yeah dude

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

I am real interested in what the lil frog dudes' deal is. Seems like they're gonna have a story.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
DANDADAN: ARE YOU FOR REAL? LET'EM EAT CAKE!!!

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

bakerbot’s soul ascending to epicurean ame

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
So if Zuma is the one who grabbed the ball, why do Momo's powers work again?

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

she wears the pants in their dynamic.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

break next week btw btw

copy
Jul 26, 2007

panko posted:

bakerbot’s soul ascending to epicurean ame

powerstone 2 ftw

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

copy posted:

powerstone 2 ftw

:hai:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

Perhaps he threw it to her or transported it via one of his tools? Maybe it will be explained next update

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Brought To You By posted:

Perhaps he threw it to her or transported it via one of his tools? Maybe it will be explained next update

Calling my shot: it was somehow still in his pants' pocket and they've been chasing after a sprinkle this whole time.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Neo_Crimson posted:

I have a feeling that this game runs with the idea of a "party". And since Momo is part of the same "party" as Zuma, she confers the same benefits. I do wonder what is up with the frogs; I thought they might be players as well, but they are Shikigamis. That is just my guess.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
LFG Giant Chef. I can deal with the Frog Adds.

Please, I’m a level 100 Sexy Vampire.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Flair posted:

I do wonder what is up with the frogs; I thought they might be players as well, but they are Shikigamis.

Just because they're Shikigamis doesn't mean that they aren't fully sapient and capable of a full and fulfilling life, making Momo and Zumi tragic murderers :v:

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
My take is that the whole game world is literally a micro alien planet/meteor that crashed on Earth and got hosed up by weird spirit poo poo and Sanjome the Space Vagrant is extremely interested in how it managed to survive on a planet where a spiteful smile lady can just eat intergalactic wars for breakfast. I cannot answer any ball-related questions.

TLDR; I don't know poo poo.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Haystack posted:

Just because they're Shikigamis doesn't mean that they aren't fully sapient and capable of a full and fulfilling life, making Momo and Zumi tragic murderers :v:

I am not saying that they are not sapient or sentient. Given that Zuma was tasked with destroying the game by a supernatural being who cannot enter the game, I would assume that the game prevents supernatural beings like Yokai or Shikigamis from entering the game; so if there are supernatural beings in the game, they would be native to the land of the game. It is that, or Zuma and Momo are being projected into the game land as Shikigamis as well. (Zuma and Momo's bodies are somewhere else.) Every player actually enters in as a Shikigami, and the frogs are players who entered in from another planet. Though that is my wild guess.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1020130

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Always read the little text, especially if it comes with an asterisk.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

To be fair I would have assumed that was just the card flavor text and ignored it too

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh no, the downside of having only muscle heads!

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Dandadan: Pull Up Your Pants

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Guess this is Greed Island now too

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
So, were the frogs previously human? Maybe they ate too many of those candy frogs.

I love these two muscleheads.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

Always read the little text, especially if it comes with an asterisk.

That would explain the frogs from the previous chapters.

Also, I'm not the only one looking at donut legs or sticky sweat and thinking of One Piece?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Yo ho ho he took a bite of donut donut

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1020128

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Well that was a sudden whiplash.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
There's no way this manga lasts as long as One Piece, but it should. This mangaka's shoved every interest he's ever had in life into what started off as a supernatural manga about ghosts and aliens and now we're into the Jumanji/Candy Land arc

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
While both sides are valid in the discussion on immediately jumping into the game to help out. But Zuma's gang are all weaker than him and they aren't really considering just how bad things will go for a bunch of normal people given their lack of intel. Pretty easy to assume they will wind up showing us how people become shikigami of this game.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Brought To You By posted:

While both sides are valid in the discussion on immediately jumping into the game to help out. But Zuma's gang are all weaker than him and they aren't really considering just how bad things will go for a bunch of normal people given their lack of intel. Pretty easy to assume they will wind up showing us how people become shikigami of this game.

i dunno given that everyone seems to lose their powers once they enter the game, zuma's gang might be the only thing keeping okarun alive for a while

spicyum!

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

stuker posted:

i dunno given that everyone seems to lose their powers once they enter the game, zuma's gang might be the only thing keeping okarun alive for a while

spicyum!

IMHO Okarun seems to be like the kind of nerd that would immediately adapt and thrive in that kind of video gamey/RPG reality, powers or no powers.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

in this house we love card game arcs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

panko posted:

in this house we love card game arcs
There's going to be a yugioh/MTG arc down the line. We had a whole arc where a kid loved gundam model kits became the hero, the sky's the limit