Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
i had a particularly egregious day to kick off my memorial day weekend and, after being let down by a second oil change place in a row that could not service my truck for an act of god, I saw a dairy queen across the street and realized a Blizzard would help immensely with making me feel better about wasting my time all day, and sure enough it did. i ordered a girl scouts thin mints blizzard and when I drove up to the window to pick it up, they actually did the thing where they held it upside down which made me laugh, and the healing had already begun for my poo poo day.

so, this is the thread to post about Dairy Queen, and hell, any other chains that have knock off Blizzards and ice cream mixes. also, what's the deal with dairy queen's grill? is it actually any good? I've never gotten a burger from them before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

For two years I lived in an apartment that had a dairy queen that was more or less part of the parking lot. I never got a blizzard there, but got burgs and chicken tenders on a decent enough basis. The grill part is fine and the combos come with sundaes.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
it's pretty insane that dairy queen literally has two different menus depending on whether or not you are in texas

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

when I was a kid I got Nerds blizzards. the nerds were sour compared to the soft serve, and they added crunch and swirls of color. bring that back DQ!!!!

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Crusty Nutsack posted:

when I was a kid I got Nerds blizzards. the nerds were sour compared to the soft serve, and they added crunch and swirls of color. bring that back DQ!!!!

i think sonic could probably make this, since they currently include nerds as one of their fountain drink add options. might have to go during a low volume time and ask someone to experiment with you though since I don't see it as an option for any of their blizzard-likes. try it and report back if you can please

----------------
This space intentionally left blank.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
dairy queef has good rear end fries

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

barnold posted:

dairy queef has good rear end fries

Did they change them at some point? I haven't eaten at one in forever but distinctly remembered that they sucked, like D grade supermarket frozen fries bad.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
i have no idea honestly, the closest one is over an hour away and i haven't been there at least since covid. but the last time i was there i remember saying "drat these fries are good"

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

most of the DQs near me are desert only, except for one that serves hot food but I've never gotten it. whenever I'm there I just get a blizzard Lol. I had the hot food once in Nebraska but I don't remember if it was good Lol

anyway it's good, better than those make your own froyo places imo

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
the Dairy Queen in Wichita Falls does an extra flip before they serve you your blizzard

They dont do that where I live ):

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
Thread definitely needs this gem, for posterity:

https://twitter.com/ChuckGrassley/s...00%2Fframe.html

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

dairy queen's burgers are somewhat between whataburger and burger king in taste; they're prepared exactly like a regular whataburger. they're good but never on sale so i don't go. the 'dude' is pretty great too. a large blizzard is probably like eight bucks now

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
dont think ive had a DQ burger in like 20 years but their onion rings are really good

----------------

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
As someone who is trying to get a cap on a Blizzard when I go through a drive thru (because despite living somewhere with like 20 DQs they're all equally far from me) the turn upside down thing is an act absurdity. The poor person working the window saying, "I have to turn this upside down, I'm sorry" and then bringing it back in and putting a cap on it. A new pandemic development that I made is that I started getting the large ones and then making three snacks out of it at home.

I love DQs though, especially now that they are the only source for Orange Julius in town. Really I love Orange Julius. A lot. I really love Orange Julius. I try to save them for special occasions so the magic doesn't wear off.

There are only two nearby that do food. The one between Tucson and Phoenix, and basically I hosed something up really badly if I need to stop there. There is also the place where "The Thing" in Benson, AZ and I don't stop there usually either since I'm usually pretty locked in to my destination at this point, but I do think The Thing is dumb enough to waste your time seeing once.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

ours stopped doing orange julius but still serves everything in orange julius cups and nothing has ever insulted my wife more

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
large oreo blizzard extra oreo shove that sweet concrete down my throat

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

a friend gave me a bite of his heath blizzard when we were thirteen and i've never ordered any other kind since

----------------

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

i say swears online posted:

a friend gave me a bite of his heath blizzard when we were thirteen and i've never ordered any other kind since

Heath is very underrated imo.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
I saw a commercial they they brought back the Brownie Batter Blizzard. Back in high school I'd get a Large one of those and wander around the mall. If I tried that these days I'd probably be in a diabetic coma halfway through

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I haven't had DQ in forever because I'm pretty sure that my area doesn't have any standalone ones anymore and instead the only ones around are in the malls. gently caress going into a mall just to get ice cream.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
THREAD UPDATE: got an oreo blizzard for dessert tonight cause they were all out of the raspberry brownie ones ):

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
blizzards own. we used to have a DQ in town but it eventually closed. it really needed to happen though, towards the end they were so bad that even the soft serve ice cream was hosed. like how in christ do you gently caress up a DQ so bad they can't even do ice cream right??

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
do they have one with caramello. do they have??

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
for some reason at two of the places i work the only fast food conveniently close so its like my #2 fast food place

the misty slush things they have are really good

i also like the novelty of getting toast from an ice cream-burger place

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

the royal oreo blizzard with the delicious inner core of hot fudge is the literal tops

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

m&m blizzard is my fav and i might get one today.

chicken fingers and fries are also usually good and out in utah at least a few years ago they had a 'white gravy' dipping sauce that was gross but good

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

I went to a Culver's and they did the upside down thing too, I thouhgt it was a DQ tradition

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
The Dairy Queen by me had bootleg Disney murals well into the 2010's. Ariel, Mickey, whoever, but they were all painted about 1990.

I don't go there a lot because there's a lot of other places on the way that I like more or as well as DQ but when I do wind up there it's sort of "wait, I do like DQ."

CraigSlice
Sep 23, 2005
: )

Minrad posted:

i think sonic could probably make this, since they currently include nerds as one of their fountain drink add options. might have to go during a low volume time and ask someone to experiment with you though since I don't see it as an option for any of their blizzard-likes. try it and report back if you can please

I tried once, I asked for a Sonic blast with nerds and was told they couldn't do that. I said that's okay, I'll have a Reese's instead! The lady said oh wait we can do nerds and I said ya gimme that. So she came out and said are you sure this is what you want? And handed me a Reese's blast with nerds mixed. She was wicked nice so I said yes and ate it :/

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

CraigSlice posted:

I tried once, I asked for a Sonic blast with nerds and was told they couldn't do that. I said that's okay, I'll have a Reese's instead! The lady said oh wait we can do nerds and I said ya gimme that. So she came out and said are you sure this is what you want? And handed me a Reese's blast with nerds mixed. She was wicked nice so I said yes and ate it :/

lol gross.

unless...?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

CraigSlice posted:

lmao, eating disgusting food to not hurt someone's feelings ftw

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

one time i got the sonic bellhop guy to literally tell me "here's your weird-rear end drink" when he handed it over to me

in his defense it was a green apple dr pepper

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

There's a Dairy Queen in nowhere South Dakota that has a footlong chili cheese dog on the menu and I've never seen it anywhere else ever. It's pretty good for a fast food dog.

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

Casu Marzu posted:

There's a Dairy Queen in nowhere South Dakota that has a footlong chili cheese dog on the menu and I've never seen it anywhere else ever. It's pretty good for a fast food dog.

Blizzard it :byodood:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The amount of “what is that???” I got for Orange Coke at Sonic made me so vindicated when Coke made it an official flavor. I was always right, Sonic. I was the master, you were the pupil.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
da fuk si ornage coke ??????

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
It’s good.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

best part is how you smack the orange real hard on the table first to open it up and get to the delicious coke

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
stopped at a DQ in vantucky, washington for lunch today. got a burg and a Girl Scout Thin Mint blizz. the burg was okay, the blizz was almost too strong but pretty good. i usually go for the oreo blizzard but glad i tried the thin mint. B+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

aint had a blizzard in a while. might get one before summer is over.

----------------
This space intentionally left blank.