Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

HBar posted:

1. Chain sword
2. CE

gently caress Yes.

1. Chain sword
2. CE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013

Hexenritter posted:

gently caress Yes.

1. Chain sword
2. CE

agreed
1. Chain sword
2. CE

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
1. Gun-Chainblade
2. BE
aggressive!

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

If nobody objects, I'm thinking a chain sword that also has a wicked serrated chainsaw whip mode and a shotgun sidearm since we also got some gun and gunblade votes. Or I can just go with whatever has won when I get home and update.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Voting is closed. The winners appears to be Chain Sword, with life and time as elements. I have some ideas for the chain sword that should be fun.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

You know what you must do. You reach out with your will and your magic reacts. Your Animus Rod begins to form. A wicked chainsword, with a fragment of power granted to a sawed off shotgun in your offhand. Instinctively, you know that when you come across crowds of weak enemies, or want to strike at unexpected angles, the chainsword can become flexible and extend. Becoming a chainsaw whip.

Even as your weapon forms, your magic begins to take on colors. Dyed in shades of red and crimson, with a splash of shining gold, you feel as if you have just taken your first breath. Alive, truly alive, for perhaps the first time. The magic falls around your form, your chainsword morphing, the teeth of it dripping blood, an hourglass shape forming a guard for your hand.

A realization comes to you. You needed time, and so now your magic provides it. You wanted to live, so now your magic provides life. Your wish inherently strengthens your body and invigorates you. You have four elements at your command, some from your wish, others... others coming from what remains of your potential, converted into yet more magic.

Life. You have the easiest grasp of this. To push on, despite grievous wounds, to live in the face of adversity. To strengthen yourself and others, to grow mighty and strong. All compounded by...

Blood. Something in the nature of your wish called to this. You can use your blood and lifeforce, or those you make bleed, to strengthen and empower yourself. A selfish path but one of great potential.

Then there is the Body. It offers little that the above two do not and lacks much that they have. But in exchange, it offers ever-greater strength of form. Your body and magic have joined together, every time you use magic, you grow that much greater. Empowering your body grants you access to that much more magic.

And lastly... Time. Its golden light weakly colors your power, but it has endless potential.

As the transformation fades, you look upon your form. A crimson dress. Embroidered upon the sleeves are strange sigils and over your chest the depiction of a tree, reaching towards a bloody sky.

The transformation is complete, your familiar says.

"I hadn't noticed," comes your dry reply.

Now that you have made your wish, an opportunity presents itself.

"And what opportunity is that?" you ask.

Your previous condition has attracted several scavengers, called psychopomps. Though legend has it they carry your soul to the afterlife, in reality they are simple scavengers, feeding off death itself. Based upon your wish, it is very likely you will find slaying them especially rewarding.

"Where are these pscyhopomps?" you ask, looking around the hospital room.

Relax your eyes and truly see, Jessie.

"The gently caress is that supposed to mean?"

There is no reply forthcoming, simply the expectant look of the albino lion. And so you make the attempt. You let your eyes drift out of focus and let your mind drift where it will. And you see them for the first time.

Small specters, adorned in black cloaks, floating around the room. Occasionally they take a sniff, as if searching for something.

These are psychopomps. Take your Animus Rod and slay them. Harvest their essence and use it to fuel our growth. As you grow in power, I grow in power. As I grow in power our options expand.

"And if I refuse to hunt?" you ask.

Then the bond will fray and break. You will lose your magic and then your wish, for your wish is sustained by magic. I will wane and eventually die. Our bond is symbiotic in nature. Now hunt.

You stand before the psychopomps, chainsword ready.

What do you do?

A. Kill them. Kill them now. A part of you hates these things more than you have hated anything. You do not understand it but you know you will be rewarded if you do.
B. Kill them already. You know you want to. Won't it feel good?
C. KILL
D. Try to better understand the situation.
E. Write-in.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
D

Possibly ask our familiar if chainsaw and shotgun noises in a hospital won't cause more trouble. Or maybe we can use the same magic that stops the psychopomps from being seen on ourselves?

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

D - I have a bad feeling about this...

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
A

Ignore the haters let's cut away the excess!

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
A/Write-in
Do A as the emotion overwhelmes you, but question what the hell just happened after

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
E.

Kill the psychopomps, then kill the albino lion and eat them and eat him and take their power for yourself. You don't need that stupid lion, you don't need nobody, you're gonna crush everyone and everything who stands in your way.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
B

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

C

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
A

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Catpetter1981 posted:

E.

Kill the psychopomps, then kill the albino lion and eat them and eat him and take their power for yourself. You don't need that stupid lion, you don't need nobody, you're gonna crush everyone and everything who stands in your way.

This will end in one of two ways. Catgirl, or Fullmetal Alchemist chimera.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

C

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

A

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
C

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Elfface posted:

D

Possibly ask our familiar if chainsaw and shotgun noises in a hospital won't cause more trouble. Or maybe we can use the same magic that stops the psychopomps from being seen on ourselves?
D

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

You don't consider the hate you have for these things. You don't think on the changes magic has wrought in you. You think of only one thing. To kill these things, these abominations that sup upon death.

Your chainsword reacts to your will, the sound of an engine filling the room. And with a dash, you are upon the strange cowled figures. The first dies in a single blow, your chainsword clawing through it. Blood splatters you and with the blood, you are filled with power. You keep slicing into the small horde of creatures.

One finally begins to launch an attack and, with instincts you hadn't known you possessed, your shotgun splatters it again the wall.

A laugh escapes your throat. A manic, cackling thing. Splattered with the blood of these psychopomps, you let loose what you have held in for so long. The helpless fury at your body wasting away, all while these things waited, like crows around carrion, finally you are able to release it.

Somewhere in your laughter one manages to strike you, a cold feeling invading your body. But the tree upon your dress lights up, some reaction from within driving away the chill. These things cannot harm you. At least not as they are now. And you know what must be done.

You come to some time later. For those who have eyes that can see, your hospital room would be covered in blood and the strange bodies of psychopomps. Your familiar remains nearby, staring at the scene impassively.

You have done well. Now you must harvest the essence from these creatures and, with it, we shall work wonders.

You don't even need to ask. In the aftermath of your first battle, you have found a strange euphoria. Strapped to your waist is a knife, a knife you're sure hadn't been there before. You draw the blade, kneel before the corpses, and begin the grisly task.

When the deed is done, you have several vials filled with an inky black substance. Something about it angers you. It is the essence of death itself.

Death, and the avoiding of it, is central to your magic. You will find such beings and magic associated with it to be of little threat. In exchange, their essence can be beneficial in several ways, once you have truly rendered it.

"Rendered it?" you ask.

While you may be able to directly use some essence within the world, most will need to be further refined in some manner. You will need a workshop, a place to work with essence and research magic. We must find such a place.

1. CHOOSE ONE

A. You will be leaving this place soon. When you do, you will commandeer the basement of your home for a workshop and base. It will have plenty of space and you will not waste time traveling to and from it. Unfortunately, privacy cannot be guaranteed. There will be a chance of your parents or younger sibling finding your workshop and having... questions.

B. You will see out some other place within the city. There are many dilapidated and unused places. You will find such a place, to the best of your abilities, and your workshop will be there. You will be subject to random encounters en route to your workshop and it will be more difficult to get it started. However, privacy will be guaranteed.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Comedy answer C: Hospital Morgue

But real answer B let's make a secret lair.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

B Secret Lair time!

Also: I choose to believe we live in Not!Detroit, so we can take over an abandoned Steel Foundry or Auto plant somewhere

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013

Elfface posted:

Comedy answer C: Hospital Morgue

But real answer B let's make a secret lair.

This, but a more serious take on we should find something abandoned that has an attached morgue if possible

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

B

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
C I like the abandoned mortuary, hospital etc with old attached morgue idea

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Slaan posted:

+1

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
B

If we can't have a guarantee of secrecy from using our own home then what is the point o'that?

Ideally we need some place where chainsaw noises won't raise alarm.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Slaan posted:

This if we can find one, and B is good enough for a start if we can’t.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -