Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What E3 announcement are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Star Citizen suddenly released 14 6.36%
Nintendo unveils the Switch Pro, Metroid Prime 4 is exclusive 27 12.27%
Bethesda announces Fallout 5, Todd somehow entirely forgets about Elder Scrolls 6 and is surprised to be asked about it by interviewers 32 14.55%
Bowsette is real and thinks you're doing okay 121 55.00%
Square Enix retroactively cancels your least favorite Final Fantasy game 26 11.82%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

May game of the month: Anodyne 2

this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

play pokemon sun

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

im going to play guitly gear Strive. also probably giga wing bcos it son steam now

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Simone Magus posted:

Isn't it weird how a bunch of posters I've never seen before just started posting in the past couple days and yet nobody is like "who are you", must be nice

when u joined someone had just flamed out and left and you had a new reg date, but it wasnt cool that people jumped to immediatley accusing you over it and i believe i said as much at the time. i hope we can all post together in harmony.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

im growing concerned about my kid. theyre learning guitar. is this like ajob?? theyre having to practice a lot?? seems like it sucks?? anyway i prefer to hit myself in the head with hammers to unwind.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hatty posted:

I’d like to see someone find a reason probe my inoffensive white noise posts. Impossible!

same

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i dont have embeds on does it cut off the bottom or something when its embedded bcos the tweet is doing the opposite lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the embed off enjoyer wins once more

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddium posted:

sounds like piracy. i'll keep my hands and soul clean

makjes you think

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddium posted:

expand on that

yo ho ho he took a bite of gum gum

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

I said come in! posted:

It's time for a new Nintendo console.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

its a whole year off even that lmao

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

I said come in! posted:

The Switch is on Nvidia mobile hardware from 2015.

so what. what else would it possibly be using lmao how are u gonna fit a more powerful arm or amd soc/apu in there when the x1 already has to be heavily downclocked to reach temp and power reqs. also whats the actual benefit for anyone for them making a brand new platform thats way more expensive. no one benefits, at all.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

It would change AAA 3rd party support from "what do you mean it's the streaming version" to "hey this runs okay"

which is a marginally big deal but not nearly as much for nintendo as anyone else

seems insanely unlikely unless theyre actually within spitting distance of even the series s, which would be extremely difficult to do on a handheld at all.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yeah but handheld mode the swithc is already solid, its docked that suffers if ever. but even docked the x1 has temp constraints on the switch that keep it heavily downclocked from stock. and they already use the better revisions in the lite and the current model switch and the temp savings wouldnt be enough for anything significant.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

I mean, the OG tegra in the switch was a Maxwell era chip on a 20nm tsmc node that I don't even think they really used for much else, and the mariko "revision" was the exact same die but shrunk down to 14. Just that change got another 2 hours of battery out of it and a massive temp drop, a newly designed SoC with modern cores on a new 7nm or 5nm process would be a gigantic leap relatively speaking.

It still wouldn't do Series S performance, but it would be a massive, massive change.

e: the original chip was pretty bad to begin with tbh, it's got 4 low power arm cores that just don't work and aren't even exposed to the OS, they're just taking up die space for no reason.

right but the reason it was picked was because it was cheap and off the shelf. the switch lite is what $200 rrp? thats less than a modern snapdragon costs by itself lol nintendo obviously wanted the switch to be affordable and thats trumped most other concerns and probably will continue to given how well its worked out for them. also im sure the older and easier process helped them with getting so many units on market pre-foundry issues.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

interesting tactic to have no games on ps5 for 2 full years

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

yeah we agree on this. although i wouldn't be surprised if nintendo is working much, much, MUCH more closely with their suppliers after the whole "whoops there's an on-die hardware exploit that's exposed via the fuckin joycon rail" thing.

lmao that owned. yeah would think theyre probably looking at it a lot more seriously, but then again this happened after the 3ds was so broken people could download games directly from the eshop for free for an extremely long time

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

thats not a new console

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

yeah it's almost like piracy doesn't really affect sales much at all, and nintendo is run by a bunch of out of touch imperial era protectionists who constantly shoot themselves in the foot

i have no idea what you mean. now to load up the extremely limited list of nes games from the 80s ive been allowed access to on my switch

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Ometeotl posted:

The Switch Pro wouldn't be either so what's your point

the person i was replying to literally said "its time for a new nintendo console" lol. and they were quoting someone asking why people want botw 2 to be "switch pro" exclusive. i do not see how the ps4 pro is a relevant comparison to either of these statements given that it isnt a new console, and nothing was exclusive to it. even if you discount the first statement as including a mid gen refresh as new, a mid gen refresh where Breath Of The Wild Two is exlcusive to it and not available on the two base systems might as well be a new generation that nintendo is branding badly

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

xenoblade 3ds...

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Roth posted:

Posted this in Discord

Template for those that wish to make their own:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

this

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i liked the pun

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Draga posted:

This took me quite a while to think of. It's probably cheating to put my Warrior of Light as best protag but gently caress it, best girl.

im in 100% agreement on botht he love that everyone else hates adn the hate that everyone else loves

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i did it for real

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Rinkles posted:

what is this?

at the end of mario odyssey peach rejects them both lmao

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

thats right

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

that upc isnt a valid format lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

Are people just img posting onto a template or does this come from a website somewhere.

just this in an image edit0r

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddium posted:

free arf

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i think the rule makes sense for probably all other threads but this one

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Khanstant posted:

Why did the Kingdom Hearts story end up the way it did? It seems like the main Kingdom Hearts story could be entirely sustained purely on KH exclusive characters, like, what's the point of Final Fantasy and Disney poo poo being there? Would it just have been too much of a nightmare to craft and get approved any narrative that involved FF/Disney properties, to the point where the best they could do si compartmentalize that stuff as best as possible and focus on a bunch of OC characters with dumb names, horrible personalities, forgettable character designs, with deliberately obtuse contrivances woven in just everywhere?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

someone would have to put it as theyre favorite game in this template

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

snoric advenbore p**

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

anyone else thinking about the time tails fell off the platform

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

boba noooo thats discord mark up lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddium posted:

there's emulators that can emulate the sun level for boktai and the first one at least is v good

[into earpiece] we got her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006