Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What E3 announcement are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Star Citizen suddenly released 14 6.36%
Nintendo unveils the Switch Pro, Metroid Prime 4 is exclusive 27 12.27%
Bethesda announces Fallout 5, Todd somehow entirely forgets about Elder Scrolls 6 and is surprised to be asked about it by interviewers 32 14.55%
Bowsette is real and thinks you're doing okay 121 55.00%
Square Enix retroactively cancels your least favorite Final Fantasy game 26 11.82%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Jay Rust posted:

Btw, the June thread op is just another Wikipedia screenshot I’m gonna have no choice but rate it less than 5

Roth posted:

Posted this in Discord

Template for those that wish to make their own:

Amp fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jun 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Relax Or DIE posted:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

only chumps posting above this line

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:firstpost:

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Nice good title choice

Jay Rust posted:

The book-wielding pet class doesn’t lead to swordmastery?

I said “dummy” didn’t I

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Oh I guess it's June so I'll post again.

Man the Disgaea 6 demo is uh... rough. Graphically the hub world has three options

a) 5-10 FPS but I guess the words are legible?
b) <20 FPS but everything's a greasy blur
c) somewhere in-between 'balanced' option

I'm not really one to complain about fps but this is noticeable to say the least. Combat isn't so bad I guess. I wonder if it's something you'd 'get used to'.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

May game of the month: Anodyne 2

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Wikipedia posted:

The Latin name for June is Junius. Ovid offers multiple etymologies for the name in the Fasti, a poem about the Roman calendar. The first is that the month is named after the Roman goddess Juno, the goddess of marriage and the wife of the supreme deity Jupiter; the second is that the name comes from the Latin word iuniores, meaning "younger ones", as opposed to maiores ("elders") for which the preceding month May (Maius) may be named.[4] Another source claims June is named after Lucius Junius Brutus, founder of the Roman Republic and ancestor of the Roman gens Junia.[5]

In ancient Rome, the period from mid-May through mid-June was considered inauspicious for marriage. Ovid says that he consulted the Flaminica Dialis, the high priestess of Jupiter, about setting a date for his daughter's wedding, and was advised to wait till after June 15.[6] Plutarch, however, implies that the entire month of June was more favorable for weddings than May.[7]

Certain meteor showers take place in June. The Arietids takes place May 22 to July 2 each year, and peaks on June 7. The Beta Taurids June 5 to July 18. The June Bootids take place roughly between 26 June and 2 July each year.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
anyone played much of griftlands?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

shrike82 posted:

what are the top 10 3ds games worth playing now?
Some good games off the top of my head

SMT: Strange Journey Redux
SMT: Devil Survivor 1 & 2
SMT: IV & Apocalypse
Any Etrian Odyssey but I like 2U and V the best personally
Picross 3D 2
Wario Ware Gold
Rhythm Heaven Megamix
All the Kirbies are good
Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Radiant Historia
Bravely Default
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So what exactly is Intergrade? Is it the second part of the FF7 remake or just something related to it?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Larryb posted:

So what exactly is Intergrade? Is it the second part of the FF7 remake or just something related to it?
comes with the yuffie chapter

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Larryb posted:

Ps5 upscaling with a yuffie side story

guess they officially had to make yuffie a part of part 1 given everyone called the grand daughter of the angel of the slums as yuffie

Saint Freak posted:

Oh I guess it's June so I'll post again.

Man the Disgaea 6 demo is uh... rough. Graphically the hub world has three options

a) 5-10 FPS but I guess the words are legible?
b) <20 FPS but everything's a greasy blur
c) somewhere in-between 'balanced' option

I'm not really one to complain about fps but this is noticeable to say the least. Combat isn't so bad I guess. I wonder if it's something you'd 'get used to'.

what did you play it on

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

May game of the month: Anodyne 2

this

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

shrike82 posted:

what are the top 10 3ds games worth playing now?

RuneFactory IV
SMTSJ
Devil Survivor
Devil Survivor 2
Soul Hackers
The World ends with you
SMTIV
SMTIV Final
Dragon Quest V
Dragon Quest IV

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

hatty posted:

Picross 3D 2
Wario Ware Gold
Rhythm Heaven Megamix
All the Kirbies are good
Radiant Historia
Bravely Default

A Link Between Worlds is really good.

I'd add:
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Super Mario 3D Land

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

play pokemon sun

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Legend of Mana looks like the only one in the OP I'll actually buy this month. Game Builder Garage seems kind of cool but I can't be getting sucked into a MArio Maker 2 situation right now.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

hatty posted:

SMT: Strange Journey Redux - GREAT
SMT: Devil Survivor 1 & 2 - NOT BAD, BUT A BIT THIN
SMT: IV & Apocalypse - APOCALYPSE IS GREAT, 4 SUFFERS FOR BEING AN EARLY 3DS GAME.
Any Etrian Odyssey but I like 2U and V the best personally - 100%
Picross 3D 2 - IDK
Wario Ware Gold - IDK
Rhythm Heaven Megamix - IDK
All the Kirbies are good - YEP
Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - I GOT BORED PLAYING IT AND STOPPED
Radiant Historia - IDK
Bravely Default - YEP
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call - GREAT, EXCEPT EXPECT TO GET CRAMP IN YOUR FINGERS AND MAYBE DAMAGE YOUR DS TOUCH SCREEN

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

hatty posted:

Picross 3D 2
Wario Ware Gold
Rhythm Heaven Megamix
All the Kirbies are good
Radiant Historia
Bravely Default

Fire Emblem Awakening, Fates and SoV
The Ace Attorney series
The Nonary games (999, Virtues Last Reward, Zero Time Dilemma)
Pokemon
Steamworld Dig, 2 and Heist
SMT: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers
Detective Pikachu
Luigi's Mansion
Super Mario 3D Land
The Mario and Luigi RPGs

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

tithin posted:

Ps5 upscaling with a yuffie side story

Feel like it's getting more and more common to remake/port a game like, immediately after it comes out and I'm not here for it

Also hell yeah page 1 of the chat thread I'll cherish this forever

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I predict that Cyberpunk 2077 will never be good and CDProjekt has already moved on to Cyberpunk 2 and Witcher 4.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I’ll probably get Game Builder Garage and maybe Mario Golf to play with my fiancée

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
it's illegal to post in this thread until it's june in your time zone

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Arrest me.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

cheetah7071 posted:

it's illegal to post in this thread until it's june in your time zone

what are you a cop

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

tithin posted:

what did you play it on

In North America it's only on the Switch as far as I know. It's fine-ish in hand-held mode, it really falls apart docked through a bigger screen.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The Return of "Joker's Kitchen"

This happened yesterday, and if I had played this in the morning I would have made it then, but I am now playing catch-up:

I used this recipe for tonjiru with some substitutions: https://www.justonecookbook.com/tonjiru/ Pork belly is still the most common recipe item that is a pain to source with Western groceries, so I used pork chop and a slice of bacon.

I couldn't find taro. I did find red daikon, so I used that, carrots, and radishes. I also included leek as a replacement for the negi

I did not do the dated "salt bae" meme. While simmering, the main seasoning was hondashi, and I added the miso after it came down from the simmer right before serving.

This was really good, I have three more servings in the fridge as I am also preparing for my second shot recovery lol

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

So not only did you kill the bowsette poll option but you killed the poll?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Posting in the June thread in May

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

oh poo poo VF5 is out

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Is Strive still set to come out in June or was it delayed

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Grouchio posted:

I predict that Cyberpunk 2077 will never be good and CDProjekt has already moved on to Cyberpunk 2 and Witcher 4.

Good, the stuff people want is essentially a new game and was never going to be enough anyway - they certainly aren't going to win hearts and minds back over with patches at this point. Plus it was a really fun game despite all the lovely things about it, more fun than technically much better games.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Charliefoxtrot that looks really good except I can't stand pork. I may have to try it with thinly sliced beef.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Legend of Mana this month and until then my brain will just be the Overworld song on repeat

Will someone please place the artifact in my brain that will allow me to play it again but on Switch? Ty wait not there aaasgh now I can’t do the secret quest

dracky
Nov 8, 2010

Disgaea 6 demo was awfully slow and not great looking when I played it on handheld mode. The 3D models seem like they were lacking definition, maybe they look better on a TV screen but in handheld they didn't look great. Style wise they're comparable to the 2d sprites except you miss out on hand draw animations.
The tutorial levels had level 1 characters with enormous stats, not sure if that's just for the demo or if there's just massive stat inflation going on. Plus characters gained 20+ levels in a single stage. It seems they adjusted the way exp and leveling up works where it's all calculated when completing a stage rather than killing an enemy. There's some changes to the hospital and an 'auto-battle' and probably more stuff too, I didn't play too far into it

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Welcome to June. E3 looks like it might actually be exciting this year. I hope all your E3 wishes come true.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I hope e3 reveals the fall of capitalism

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

instead it will reveal the switch pro

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It is easier to imagine the New Super Switch Pro than it is to imagine the end of capitalism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Jay Rust posted:

Capitalism has already fallen. It just hasn't landed yet.