Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What E3 announcement are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Star Citizen suddenly released 14 6.36%
Nintendo unveils the Switch Pro, Metroid Prime 4 is exclusive 27 12.27%
Bethesda announces Fallout 5, Todd somehow entirely forgets about Elder Scrolls 6 and is surprised to be asked about it by interviewers 32 14.55%
Bowsette is real and thinks you're doing okay 121 55.00%
Square Enix retroactively cancels your least favorite Final Fantasy game 26 11.82%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
There are lots of good sonic games but when a sonic game is bad it can be really really bad and people end up forgetting how many good (or at least competent and fun) games there are.

Also on the subject of pokemon-likes maybe I'll just play this game instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

What’s the pun with Lard ?

Not much, what's the pun with Lard with you?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Looper posted:

a couple days ago one of my friends compared sonic to ska, in that it has its diehard fans but also an awful lot of people love making GBS threads on it. my kneejerk reaction was one of disgust, but maybe...

That's probably a very apt comparison. Yeah there was a recent ska song by the mighty mighty bosstones that talked about the death of george floyd, but the soundtracks for the tony hawk games are still great.

I also love how sonic 3d blast got some updates a few years ago, just the game's lead programmer going back to make some alterations and additions just because they wanted to. There's a genuine adoration and love for the games despite their numerous missteps and fuckups.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Khanstant posted:

do yall live on a friggiin farm? are you often stomping around barns and obeying grain silo warnings, getting up ins to the point they become mundane every-day stuff? There's barely like a few handfuls of farmers left in my country and machines and underpaid workers do most the work, like, the only "farmers" I know are a couple who grow a little bit of veg to sell in they backyard at a farmer's market. I sure as poo poo ain't been to a barn, even the one time they took us to some kind of farm as children on a field trip (you know, because that's a wild and magical place to go). It's not like the first Balan Wonderland level was set in suburbia, in a wal-mart parking lot facing a chilli's and chicken-filet-a, with a generic neighboard to the side, filled with beige houses with that plastic looking paneling on the side, and there are too many trucks parked on the street. It's a freaking crazy lifeform playground and an insane cursed murderhouse of plant and animal life alike -- filled with magical, terrifying, wonderful farm things, genetically altered beasts, seeds that grow advanced plants that our ancestors would be so jealous of, heartless machines on a quest to find love and freedom, underground caverns filled with infinite turd lakes, a legendary bird that screams at the sunrise, etc.

Ok but this stage was just corn and corn alone

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What are some notable farm levels in video games?

Criteria:

Game must not specifically be a farming game or centered around farming gamplay, so no farming simulators of farming-centric games. This means no Harvest Moon, Story of Seasons, Rune Factory, Stardew Valley, Farming Simulator, and (unfortunately) The Void.

Farming must be a theme to a specific area and section of the game, an area that you can specifically describe as being "the farm level" or "the farm area" and others familiar with the game would understand what you were referring to, instead of just games that happen to have farming in them such as Terraria or Minecraft.

Off the top of my head, Conker's Bad Fur Day had an early farm level that had a bunch of stuff going on and it was memorable though not necessarily good.

Painkiller Overdose had only a couple of good levels in it and one of them was the Animal Farm.

Diablo 2 has the Secret Cow Level.

The final level of Condemned took place on a scary farm.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Should Hydroponics in System Shock 2 count or is that less farming and more gardening?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I started taking trulicity recently and hoo boy is it loving up my stomach, I know nausea is a common side effect but it is throwing me for enough of a loop that it is getting in the way of me trying to accomplish any errands I need to run. Hopefully it goes away soon.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Ok, now what are some games with have an airport level

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Do airship ports count as airports or are they docks because they're airships and not airplanes

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

wuggles posted:

Feel better soon FAK

Thanks

I need to figure out what to eat for dinner now that won't screw up my stomach lol, maybe some pasta would work.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Does Al's Toy Barn count as a farm themed level because if it does then Toy Story 2 counts for that too

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Zil posted:

Are you allowed to take it with food? That may help the stomach issues.

It's a weekly injection, one of the side effects is appetite suppression but also some foods can be a bit too much for my stomach now so it causes the nausea. I just have to figure out what kinds of things I can still eat that won't cause sickness.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Starting up X-COM UFO Defense again

I like how basically as soon as UFO Defense ends X-COM gets its poo poo together to figure out how to build underwater bases.

Gonna shoot me some aliums.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Is Grant in the Netflix Castlevania yet

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Referenced, but doesn't appear.

Grant continues to be robbed

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

VideoGames posted:

This is how it is in my head! The new trilogy will be an offshoot of Sekiro :)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I missed something in my chart correction

There we go

e: if I could just paste in the image form of evergrace's shop music I'd have included that too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGJbuHUbw8k

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jun 7, 2021

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The Grumbles posted:

Excuse me where is the Armoured Core series, Chromehounds and of course Ninja Blade

edit wait I think one of those acronyms might be for an AC game so you're OFF THE HOOK FOR THAT ONE BUDDY

Yeah I included Armored Core For Answer since that's the first FROM game Patches shows up in

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I got a tabletop rpg rulebook in the mail. It's about a world where a tiny area became influenced by a magical crystal that caused all of the local bugs and bug-adjacent creatures to develop longer lifespans and become more human-like and develop a combined culture and society in the city they've built around this crystal.

It is not Hollow Knight related at all and also the art in it is cute and nice and cool. The game is called Cuticorium. Though I will say that some of the pictures have so many additions to the bugs that I can't even tell what the original bug was supposed to be.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Arzaac posted:

More than anything, "Bugs become sentient due to the effects of a crystal" is the exact setting of Bug Fables

I haven't played Bug Fables but this is what the kickstarter page for Cuticorium says about its own setting. Idk how similar in setting they are or if it begins and ends at "magic crystal."

quote:

You are a bug. There is little time to comprehend what this means to you. Life is brutally short and brief, full of amazing colors and creatures that will dazzle, trap, and kill you in an instant. The ground shakes, the sky turns upsidedown, and your entire world begins to spin.

But there is one place of safety for you in the constant flux of chaos, the peaceful Cuticorium. No insect remembers where it came from, but the longer you stay around this place, the more you began to think for yourself instead of just trying to survive from moment to moment.

You play as a bug living in the mysterious insect city, the Cuticorium.

It is a place bugs can take solace from the danger of the outside and contemplate their place in the world. However, even with safety from Beasts and the elements, you first have to make peace with the other bug inhabitants, escape their machinations, and learn the true nature of the Cuticorium.

Cuticorium takes thematic inspiration from other 'gothic microcosmic' works like Hollow Knight and Beautiful Darkness, combined with mechanical inspiration from introspective and socially driven ttrpgs like Monsterhearts or Sleepaway.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The fist of the north star opening song has been running through my head nonstop for the past several hours please send help

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
hmm nope I'm still shock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c-YYKuJEVo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Oh my god xcom squad you have one job, shoot the aliens, why do you keep missing every single alien and making sure to nail only the civilians and other xcom members

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
One of the biggest tragedies is that Toy Commander is a dreamcast-exclusive title and I'm not sure if it will ever get a port or anything.

What are some other dreamcast-exclusives that you wish were ported?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Propaganda Hour posted:

Wikipedia says there are 69 games classified as Dreamcast exclusives still. One of them in Sonic Shuffle. Do not port Sonic Shuffle. I'm not sure how I ended up owning that game but it was utter trash. Just a completely soul-sucking, unfun ripoff of Mario Party.

Sonic Shuffle sucked but I really liked the concept of the various player boards, having some minigames that were tied to said boards, the boards actively changing in important game-changing ways as the turns go by, and the idea of having to actually complete a minigame to get the equivalent of a Mario Party star (though it was a bad minigame that felt like the AI was cheating).

Like, I legit loved how they did those different maps and I wish Mario Party would even attempt something like what Sonic Shuffle did.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnwe1wELE6A&t=88s

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Funnily enough they were all incredibly good at hitting gas station pumps when I targeted those. Those were the only thing my squaddies were consistent at.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

redreader posted:

Simone Magus: at least you didn't end up on goons.txt with an actual loving picture of your face (I thought it was goons.TXT?) after making a joke in one of these threads. I did!

Whoa what? What happened?

Khanstant posted:

these bugs are great, but im curious if this bee here made themselves a little dumbell and how that factors into this coaxing strategy? Just a literal show of strength? Can bugs get stronger?

They are posing with a flower in a way to try and coax other bugs through being flirty while simultaneously lifting weights and flexing their arms, a mix of stereotypically masculine and feminine ways to try and persuade other bugs.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Violen posted:

this owns a lot

like a lot

It's available here as a $15 digital copy if you'd like to see it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Violen posted:

this owns a lot

like a lot

FirstAidKite posted:

It's available here as a $15 digital copy if you'd like to see it.

I'm stupid and also I forgot to actually paste the link lol

https://usducktape.itch.io/cuticorium

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Kinda bug and kinda jacked

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Did a couple more missions in Ace Combat. That'll show Erusea to have radar dishes.

Please post when you reach the final mission. You'll know when you're there.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The bug ttrpg has a trans caterpillar in it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
There's a mod for Sonic Adventure that lets you take one of your chao with you outside the gardens and let it interact with different environment and you can have them follow you through levels and cutscenes and they'll attack enemies

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/pFjyAFM.mp4

ACAB

All
Chao
Are
Buddies

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
i miss my mom

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hi everybody, I spent almost half an hour stuck in a taco bell drive-thru behind a car whose license plate read "I'd rather be watching anime"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
My biggest problem when I played Ace Combat 04 was that I kept trying to do cool tricks and crashing because of it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
SA2 features a world police invading and murdering all residents of a space colony so that the world police could take it for themselves and keep everything hidden away while the actual research that went on there was largely based around, among other things, new lifeforms, the study of powerful lifeforms, and the attempt to scientifically recreate the powerful mystical technology created by the ancient civilizations of old, with heavy emphasis on paying attention to the Master Emerald shrine of Angel Island and its connection to the Chaos Emeralds as well as the creature Chaos itself and attempting to create various beings based on Chaos. Considering that the World Police is largely made up of robots that are powered by this very technology, it is safe to say their global conspiracy to murder the Robotnik family and cover up their research and obfuscate everything behind several floors of prison cells is enough to show that they got their money's worth out of the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
In other words

Watch this, it is a proclick, v good video