Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Come onnnnn v3, make Sylvaneth good again! :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Dang, Alarielle got a +140 bump, putting her at 740 points now :eyepop:

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Still mad about the Stormcast start collecting box not having enough Retributors to fill an actual unit :mad:

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Talas posted:

App is available. For now you can see all the rules and warscrolls on there for free with a working army builder.

Yeah, it... works fine. And looks like it already has the new Stormcast codex stuff added? So, neat.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
That's one of my wishes for chaos in AOS in general, I wish the mortal sides were more viable than their demon sides -gazes longingly at blades of Khorne models on the shelf-

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Nice to see non-dragon Stormcast make the list - I love my armor boys but I have zero interest in getting the dragons.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Selling some old stuff that's been sitting around in my closet (a half done Sylvaneth army and SCE army) and buying some Ironjawz since I love orks (excuse me, "Orruks").

Two start collecting boxes, two mawkrushas, and a shaman would give me:

Boss on Mawkrusha
Boss on Mawkrusha
Warchanter
Warchanter
Shaman
5x Ardboys
5x Ardboys
5x Ardboys
5x Ardboys
3x Goregruntas
3x Goregruntas

Which seems like a pretty straightforward way to get a 2000 pt army for relatively cheap. Am I running into any big pitfalls with this list?

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

IncredibleIgloo posted:

These posts have made me feel very old.

drat, seriously.

For the record I got the Giving Tree joke and thought it was pretty good :)

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
All these badass Nighthaunt minis are making me look angrily at my Orruk army

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
That Glorfindel is so loving good but I already have a Rohan army and a Mordor army and a Dwarf army and an Isengard army :negative:

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Nash posted:

I got a small smattering of a lot of armies but not Rivendell so Glorfindel might be a buy just to paint model. The Lothlorien duo though is an absolute purchase for my elf force. Good stream today despite what lovely nerds say.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I have some Galadhrim for my Helm's Deep force but... Do I really need a Lothlorien army?

Anyway, back on Thread topic, I think I might finally finish up my Kruleboyz army. I have the Dominion box, I have Kragnos, I have Swampboss Skumdrekk, what else should I add?

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
So the warscroll for the Savage Big Stabbas says "unit size: 2", but each base has two Orruks on it. So does that mean that each unit is two bases or two Orruks (i.e one base)?

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
A guy on Facebook sold me 3600 points of Nighthaunt for $200 shipped because his dog chewed up a handful of the models (even though they seem fixable). :toot:

I'm excited to get into these spooky boys.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Covermeinsunshine posted:

Sounds like a deal. What did you get?

Nagash
Black Coach
Kurdoss Valentian
Dreadblade Harrow
Guardian of Souls
Spirit Torment
Krulghast Cruciator
25x Chainrasps
16x Grimghast Reapers
4x Spirit Hosts
5x Glaivewraith Stalkers
9x Dreadscythe Harridans
9x Myrmourn Banshees
(with probably more of the normal Units in the chewed up bits box to fill out the units)

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Does anyone have the instruction book for the Nighthaunt Black Coach they can take pictures of? R/Warhammer instructions doesn't have it.

I found nagash and kurdoss online. My box of demolished models came in...

But there's a ton of not demolished models!

Not bad at all for the price I paid, even if I can't get the big pieces back together.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Is there a way other than eBay to get singles of big-unit models? This used Nighthaunt army I bought has 1-2 models missing from most of the units, so it's not worth buying a whole box to fill it out, because then I'm still in the same predicament.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Not really, your army isn't really 'missing' models, GW changed the unit sizes between building the sprues and sending the rules to the print shop so everyone had that issue.

The glaivestalkers at least have a cheap 5 model box.

It is missing models when the guy who sold it to me told me his dog ate a few models :)

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Yeah word on the street is that play testers of the new Gitz book are scrambling to buy up used Gloomspite stuff while it's cheap because the book is so good.

If I weren't already doing Nighthaunt and Skaven as my 2023 new year new armies, I'd pick up Gitz too

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Good thing FEC are getting a limited run model, their range is bloated enough, they don't need a new permanent model.

(This post is extremely sarcastic)

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
If you ever have any basing questions, wahapedia.ru is a pretty good resource. As far as I can tell all units list their base sizes

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Picked up the Skaven battleforce box because holy hell 83 miniatures

At this point I need to downsize a bit, might move along my Nighthaunt force...

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
I can think of one reference to a space marine having a massive hog, but nothing about loving.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Crazy Ferret posted:

Yeah, I have a friend following their roll out closely and I've already offered to buy the materials to print out all their rats. Even if they tend to be a bit high fantasy than the grungy Skaven, I think their sculpts are fantastic. I may not use them all in my army as some of them look a bit too Redwall to integrate, I still want them as a fun painting project. I'm glad to hear they have both genders as I do think its the way to go. I've done a bunch of head swaps with my Guard to have more female characters and I got a bunch of heads for my 30k Dark Angels to do in time (because gently caress the gender divide).

But yeah, One Page has been shown off some incredible stuff. The Warlord on the Fox mount was awesome.

Yeah the OPR rats are baller as hell, I'm working on their "Deathmaster" model right now

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Business Gorillas posted:

Don't forget they changed all the bases to 25mm so all those old square armies are invalid!

Oh for gently caress's sake are you serious

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
There's no WFB or Old World thread, so this might be the best place to ask. For square bases, how do you deal with tetrising minis together so that you can actually get a block of rank and flank guys? I have 20 dwarfs I'm trying to rank up but they're all pushing into each other.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Man I love the aesthetic of the new Cities line, but holy poo poo painting them would be a nightmare.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Those models are amazing but I never in my life would imagine painting a full army of them.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
I really miss the old Von Carstein models :(

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Covermeinsunshine posted:

OK time to install demo and call my friend if she can postpone her birthday party

Vaya con Sigmar my friend, but I hope it wasn't an important party cause I played the beta for this game and it wasn't great.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Delete the dragons and go back to when it was just cool reborn angelic beings with hammers and swords :colbert:

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
How viable is a dino army full of gators these days? I'm not as interested in playing Starborne but I love the idea of a table full of Big Bashy Gator Bois. Something like:

- Saurus Old One on Carnosaur
- Saurus Old One
- Skink Starseer
- 6x Aggradons
- 6x Aggradons
- 20x Saurus Warriors with spears
- 10x Skinks with daggers and bucklers
- Bastiladon with Solar Engine

Just a big whollop punch

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
I've got a work bonus coming soon and I'm looking to finally get into Soulbright Gravelords. Is the Battleforce box from a couple years ago the best place to start? Or the Vanguard box? Both? That'd leave me with like 40 Zombies but maybe that's a good thing?

It's hard for me to settle on a list I want to buy/build toward since all the character models are so good :(

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
I like Mannfred as a character so much, but I also really like Belladamma. Sounds like if I get a bunch of zombies, skellies, wolves, and bats, that could be the core of either one.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Topically enough, I found a great local deal on a huge OBR collection so looks like I'm doing that instead of Vamps

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
New FEC model, I think it's safe to say that Ushoran is coming soon.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/11/06/hail-to-the-noble-seneschal-who-makes-safe-the-borders-of-his-masters-kingdom/

Cool sculpt, but god I hate models with straight up in the air wings like that, that's going to be a nightmare to transport.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Bought about 3000 points of unpainted OBR off a dude this weekend. Painted up the first one today. :toot:

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

smug jeebus posted:

I've found flipside to be reliable and fast

Yeah, flipside is local to me and who I usually buy from. Never any complaints.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
God drat ok yeah

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Yeah I just bought a whole OBR army and I've told myself no more models until I paint them all, thankfully

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Winklebottom posted:

This year's event model is an alternate Arch-Knight, The Steel Rook.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/01/29/warhammer-events-miniatures-announced-for-2024/

I love rooks, underrated birds. Too bad I probably won't be at any events.

That kicks rear end