Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Pin mail! I am deeply in emotions over Hollow Knight and found a perfect chained set to reflect them:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Speaking of chained pins, if you're a ffxiv fan, this shop does lovely designs that are also subtle enough to pass as Not A Fandom Thing if you need them to. I've got the astro, blm, and carbuncles.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Leraika posted:

Speaking of chained pins, if you're a ffxiv fan, this shop does lovely designs that are also subtle enough to pass as Not A Fandom Thing if you need them to. I've got the astro, blm, and carbuncles.

Gorgeous. Thankfully for me and my wallet, they don't have any dragoon designs.

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

Holy poo poo, those Hollow Knight pins are incredible

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Pin mail! I am deeply in emotions over Hollow Knight and found a perfect chained set to reflect them:

These are wonderful! I remember seeing a post on Reddit by someone who did fanart of all the Dark Souls bosses as Hollow Knight characters and I want pins of them so badly.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Note to self, remember to post the shop when you post your pinmail:

https://blueandredwares.myshopify.com/collections/enamel-pins/products/hollow-knight-chained-enamel-pins

JordanKai posted:

These are wonderful! I remember seeing a post on Reddit by someone who did fanart of all the Dark Souls bosses as Hollow Knight characters and I want pins of them so badly.

Coooooooooooooooooooool

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Turbinosamente posted:

I am a corporate whore apparently.

To be fair I did think long and hard about this custom eeveelution set, but this year's official Christmas pins won out. I have some other slightly less shallow pins coming in from France that I am also hype for, but it will be a long while before they get here.

Listen, I love Pokemon and I'm thinking of looking for pins of each of my team after I beat BDSP, and those pins rule. Pikachu is over-exposed but completely adorable imo.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Amar and Riley are having a sale, oh man. https://www.amarriley.com/collections/pins-1

I'm absolutely getting the Ersa necklace for civilian wear, and probably the Goodbye Kitty.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

HopperUK posted:

Listen, I love Pokemon and I'm thinking of looking for pins of each of my team after I beat BDSP, and those pins rule. Pikachu is over-exposed but completely adorable imo.

They do make quality pins! And yeah they use Pikachu way too much even though he is the franchise mascot. I have way too much of the yellow rat on my board with out even trying. At least this one is making a snowman and I liked the expression enough on the New Year's one so it gets a pass. Good luck hunting down the BDSP team, between official and custom made you should be able to do it pretty well!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Turbinosamente posted:

They do make quality pins! And yeah they use Pikachu way too much even though he is the franchise mascot. I have way too much of the yellow rat on my board with out even trying. At least this one is making a snowman and I liked the expression enough on the New Year's one so it gets a pass. Good luck hunting down the BDSP team, between official and custom made you should be able to do it pretty well!

I'm using Blissey for the first time and I urgently want a pin of her with 'gently caress YOU, THAT'S WHY' on it. I might design it and see what I can do about getting it made.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Pokemon fans! I just remembered:

https://alchemyartgroup.com/collections/pokepals

quote:

We have a 18% off for any order over $30 using code "INKSPLATTERS18" - or if you have a discount code, feel free to use that too.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Augh I'm so poor but looook at them :D thank you, I will window shop

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I don’t get pins too often but this one was too good to pass up. A weed cat by artist Casey Weldon! These were super limited and I got the “Blue Dreamer”. It’s a big 3”x3.5” and comes with a neat pouch and sticker.

Zeenovos
Nov 29, 2021
I am sliding in to say hello, I am the friend that Kass (Strix) quoted on the introductory post to this thread. I've read through the thread and am very delighted with all the pins and good pin taste I have witnessed and want to share some of my own. I have to get my pictures all in order though in the Dropbox folder I've got so here are:

My most recent pins

The pins that don't go in my binders for one reason or another

My pins that I've designed (minus four that are currently in production)

And the pins that I have designed or have helped work on for collaborations! That I've received. This is missing two pins (colour variations on pins already here) from the Pharma Kickstarter I was part of, the Gypsy Danger pin that is currently in production, the six pins I did for WorldFantasyCon 2021, and the pin I designed for an author's preorder campaign that I still can't share or say who the author is.

In conclusion, hey hi hello I love pins, I own way more than these, and I am excited to have another place to share and talk about pins.

Zeenovos
Nov 29, 2021

thelizzerd posted:

Any tips on how to keep enamel pins on your backpack? I'm afraid of losing the ones I can't just buy again if I lost them. My buttons I can easily use a safety pin to keep them in place, but I can't with enamel pins. I don't want to glue them down because then when the bag is worn out I wouldn't be able to transfer them. I've been lucky to only lose 2 in the 10ish years since I started collecting buttons and pins. It's still a worry as I begin to buy more now that I can afford to.

This sort of thing would be the most secure type of backing for your pins, though the little 'top hat' ones mentioned earlier in the thread are also an excellent option. https://outerlayer.com/products/locking-pin-keepers-set-of-12-with-allen-key

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Hi Zee! I love your collection a lot! :kimchi:

Here's mine - incomplete as it is, I'm moving in a week or two so this all has to come down. But for now, admire my pin wall!

Zeenovos
Nov 29, 2021

StrixNebulosa posted:

Hi Zee! I love your collection a lot! :kimchi:

Here's mine - incomplete as it is, I'm moving in a week or two so this all has to come down. But for now, admire my pin wall!

I admire it very much, especially since I've only just started displaying some of my pins on the wall versus hoarding them all in my many binders. Seeing your pin wall gave me the energy to hang some things up.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Zeenovos posted:

I am sliding in to say hello, I am the friend that Kass (Strix) quoted on the introductory post to this thread. I've read through the thread and am very delighted with all the pins and good pin taste I have witnessed and want to share some of my own. I have to get my pictures all in order though in the Dropbox folder I've got so here are:

And the pins that I have designed or have helped work on for collaborations! That I've received. This is missing two pins (colour variations on pins already here) from the Pharma Kickstarter I was part of, the Gypsy Danger pin that is currently in production, the six pins I did for WorldFantasyCon 2021, and the pin I designed for an author's preorder campaign that I still can't share or say who the author is.

In conclusion, hey hi hello I love pins, I own way more than these, and I am excited to have another place to share and talk about pins.

I love your work. Please shill your store!

Zeenovos
Nov 29, 2021

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I love your work. Please shill your store!

Aaaaaah thank you! Here is my store: https://pixelladiumcreations.bigcartel.com/ The Murderbot Diaries pins and a couple of the other collabs won't be on my store since they're up in others, but that's all my solo stuff and a couple of collabs. <3

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Zeenovos posted:

Aaaaaah thank you! Here is my store: https://pixelladiumcreations.bigcartel.com/ The Murderbot Diaries pins and a couple of the other collabs won't be on my store since they're up in others, but that's all my solo stuff and a couple of collabs. <3

Oh my God that robot Hypnos. Amazing.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Man, I love your designs; the robot and the egg are both striking. Where's your collab with Murderbot -- which site?

ce gars
Dec 31, 2007

Just bought the Charon pin. Looks fantastic!

Zeenovos
Nov 29, 2021

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Man, I love your designs; the robot and the egg are both striking. Where's your collab with Murderbot -- which site?

Here! https://worldbuildersmarket.com/search?q=murderbot Sorry for the delay in replying, had to go do some things (which included buying a Chronicles of Prydain book, as one does)

Zeenovos
Nov 29, 2021

ce gars posted:

Just bought the Charon pin. Looks fantastic!

Aaaaah thank you so much! I appreciate it! <3 I'll get that out in the next day or so

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Man, I'm hungry...

Zeenovos
Nov 29, 2021
I got some new pins in the mail yesterday and today! :yeeclaw:

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
New pins for everybody! Half my French imports arrived.

As far as I can tell the company that made these (Saggay) specialized in partnering with a bunch of French artists. The left one is Speedy Graphito and the right I think is this Mezzo, it's hard to find examples of his work and I am bad at traversing non US internet in general. It would make sense though because there's a Moebius inspired pin floating around made by the same company. And as a bonus they're not as expensive as all the fine art and designer pins made by Acme Studio. The prices of those even on the secondary market are often a major yikes.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Zeenovos posted:

I got some new pins in the mail yesterday and today! :yeeclaw:

Nice Denshitako! Is that a GID one?

Zeenovos
Nov 29, 2021

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Nice Denshitako! Is that a GID one?

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by GID here - if you mean glow in the dark, I don't know if any of these do. I have a number of pins that glow but I don't usually focus on that as I primarily see them with plenty of light around.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Zeenovos posted:

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by GID here - if you mean glow in the dark, I don't know if any of these do. I have a number of pins that glow but I don't usually focus on that as I primarily see them with plenty of light around.

The Denshitako is the soft vinyl figure and yes I meant GID to. here’s one in “milk glass orange” I have.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

My pin mail has been incredible recently:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

If this thread's still around next year we should do a pin exchange for Christmas :)

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

HopperUK posted:

If this thread's still around next year we should do a pin exchange for Christmas :)

Yes! That would be fun!

I love the two-parts dinosaur.

Zeenovos
Nov 29, 2021

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

The Denshitako is the soft vinyl figure and yes I meant GID to. here’s one in “milk glass orange” I have.

Ah! I'm not sure if she glows or not - a friend sent her to me because I love robots so anything that's even vaguely of the aesthetic has me go !!! I don't think she glows though, but I don't have a UV light so I've been making do with my phone's flashlight.

Zeenovos
Nov 29, 2021

HopperUK posted:

Based on past experience from pin exchanges, we'd need to know what country everyone's in because oh boy, not being in the US meant that I tended to receive mine in the new year rather than in time for the holidays.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Zeenovos posted:

Ah! I'm not sure if she glows or not - a friend sent her to me because I love robots so anything that's even vaguely of the aesthetic has me go !!! I don't think she glows though, but I don't have a UV light so I've been making do with my phone's flashlight.

Ah ok! Looking at her size that is probably from the Vinyl Action Gacha series, a mini version available from exclusive gacha machines in Japan. Denshi Tako (electrical octopus) is a robot octopus girl for deep sea exporation! You can find her maker, Hakuro, on her Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hakuro129/

She has the Denshi Usagi (Electrical Rabbit) figure out now as well!

If you like things like that, come check out the Sofubi collector's thread!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I'm not one for secret santas, but maybe...? We'll see if I have a PO Box next year.

In the meantime!

https://twitter.com/califlair/status/1466163165755240450

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

More pin mail! Black Friday sales were murder on my wallet, but so worth it. The puppy is a free b-grade from AlchemyArtStore.

Store links so I don't forget:

https://shop.zetallis.com/

https://alchemyartgroup.com/

e: Friends now :kimchi:

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Dec 2, 2021

Zeenovos
Nov 29, 2021

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Ah ok! Looking at her size that is probably from the Vinyl Action Gacha series, a mini version available from exclusive gacha machines in Japan. Denshi Tako (electrical octopus) is a robot octopus girl for deep sea exporation! You can find her maker, Hakuro, on her Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hakuro129/

She has the Denshi Usagi (Electrical Rabbit) figure out now as well!

If you like things like that, come check out the Sofubi collector's thread!

I like anything that might end up being a good prop for my product photos. :P Thank you for all the info, I'll give it a look!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

And the rest of my French imports. The left I think is advertising a sugar company over there and is done in the style of Paul Cezanne, who's one of my favorite painters thanks to Animal Crossing, and the right is a Keith Haring design but I suspect it may be a fake as there's no marking on it. Oh Well.