Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you down with deep fried thighs?
gently caress yeah
gently caress yeah
View Results

Bivens
Jun 23, 2003

die mensch·maschine
The Wingstop by my place is run entirely by feral youth, but that means a 10pc boneless regularly has between 11-13pc. It's so frequent, it's to the point where if you order 10 and you actually get 10, you feel like you got shorted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Are Wingstop fries usually The poo poo? I only eat wings with places that serve beer, so I’ve never been there.

Wholesale wing prices are the lowest since 2018 though!

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/chicken-wing-prices-cheaper-now-than-before-pandemic-rcna43601

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Fries I've gotten from them have been kinda bland to average at best.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
They have a well done option for the fries that you can request, highly recommended

Honestly though does it really matter, since the fries are just a conveyance to shove more of their transcendental ranch into your hungry maw?

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit

Remulak posted:

Are Wingstop fries usually The poo poo? I only eat wings with places that serve beer, so I’ve never been there.

Wholesale wing prices are the lowest since 2018 though!

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/chicken-wing-prices-cheaper-now-than-before-pandemic-rcna43601

If your state still has a pandemic state of emergency, or gets a hurricane, be sure to report places charging $2 a wing for price gouging in an emergency

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ch5fADJjTZQ/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/blanketboat/status/1564770725831008256?s=20&t=aoOs6Vr6wn7CR7j9yLOGlw
https://twitter.com/blanketboat/status/1565005219574022144?s=20&t=aoOs6Vr6wn7CR7j9yLOGlw

----------------

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
i dont rly understand what the difference is eating a wing vs eating a thigh

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

lemon pepper chicken sandwich is fire

----------------

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

atomic sauce is flavorless and not hot. thank god my Last Dab was able to salvage it. however, the mango habanero is delicious as always.

----------------

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Skylark posted:

i dont rly understand what the difference is eating a wing vs eating a thigh

Mods

----------------

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Oh snap

https://twitter.com/wingstop/status/1574494279740932122

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I don't think I'll ever have that because Wingstop is for a long night of TV watching. I'm not going to wait 20-40 minutes for them to make one sandwich and a basket of fries during my lunch break.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Crispy chicken sandwich? No thanks, I want a soggy mess.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
lol the first comment of a raw chicken

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I got Wingstop the other night and it was garbage. the sauces may as well have been water, absolutely no flavor to any of them besides a slight heat aftertaste on the Cajun. wings were cooked well though

----------------

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

indigi posted:

I got Wingstop the other night and it was garbage. the sauces may as well have been water, absolutely no flavor to any of them besides a slight heat aftertaste on the Cajun. wings were cooked well though

same except the wings were terrible too. maybe its just a bad location but lol

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I really enjoy their original hot, which is their version of buffalo. It's exactly as hot as I want in a wing, and has some good tang. I'm not a Hot Ones fanatic, so it's probably mild to anyone else. I think I've tried all their others and didn't care for any of them. The wings themselves have always been cooked well and quite large. No real complaints and I'm pretty happy I have a go to wing place.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Sep 28, 2022

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I just don't get the appeal of wings as a food.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I must be lucky enough to live near a Good Wingstop. It's better than some local places worse than others; their fries were good once upon a time but were another place hit hard by the transfat ban. But, they are way better than Buffalo Wild Wings at the very least. Also they are open until midnight whereas most other wing places here stop taking orders at like 9:30.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

Do you like the juicier parts of chicken? Do you like sauces? If cooked right these smaller juicy chicken parts give you a good sauce to chicken ratio as opposed to say just pouring sauce on a full chicken breast, even the big wings. Many people also like finger foods, but YMMMV there.

I'm not saying you have to like wings (and I have no opinion about this specific place), to each their own, but I guess I'm not sure what's "not to get"? I don't mean that in a bad way, the appeal seems obvious, and I couldn't come up with much against beyond them being messy.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

When I put a whole chicken into the convection oven, the wing tips come out delicious. I mean everything does, but I always eat the wing tips first

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

it used to be cheap bar food that goes great with cold beer until the prices jacked up within the last 20 years. now you can't get a single wing anywhere for less than a buck

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I love the wings stop mango habanero

I love pretty much all mango hbs tbh. It’s the number one reason I’ll go to bww, and it’ll burn and I’ll love it

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i have heard chicken butt is delicious but i have never partaken.

----------------

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

halokiller posted:

it used to be cheap bar food that goes great with cold beer until the prices jacked up within the last 20 years. now you can't get a single wing anywhere for less than a buck

Yeah wing prices are out of loving control, 15 wings near my work - suburban Delaware - run $25+ with one sauce. if you want to try more than one you have to order a 10 and 5 which is more expensive

----------------

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

indigi posted:

Yeah wing prices are out of loving control, 15 wings near my work - suburban Delaware - run $25+ with one sauce. if you want to try more than one you have to order a 10 and 5 which is more expensive

Ok that's absolutely wild, I can still get a pound at a few places in the city for :canada: :10bux:

----------------

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

I don't either. Chicken fingers are where it's at, imho.

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

Wings    :boom:   Fingers
         Boneless Wings

YeahTubaMike posted:

I don't either. Chicken fingers are where it's at, imho.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
imma ask here because

Wings over <city> just opened here. I have a $10 gift card. It looks like a national chain.

A dozen wings are over $20. I don't know what the actual gently caress, but... What the gently caress? Wingstop it's 15 wings for 15 bux.

How should I set my expectations before using this $10 card to get what should be $10 worth of wings.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Philthy posted:

Wingstop it's 15 wings for 15 bux.

lucky. Wingstop near me is 19.09 for 15

----------------

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

indigi posted:

lucky. Wingstop near me is 19.09 for 15

Yup. This is CAD but still kind of nuts for wings, regardless of quality.

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit
I've pretty much stopped eating wings, at 2 bucks a pop I can eat steak every night

----------------

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
from what i read the cost has gone back to around where it was before the plague hit but the sale price has not. hmmm what's going on here. :thunk:

----------------

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Philthy posted:

imma ask here because

Wings over <city> just opened here. I have a $10 gift card. It looks like a national chain.

A dozen wings are over $20. I don't know what the actual gently caress, but... What the gently caress? Wingstop it's 15 wings for 15 bux.

How should I set my expectations before using this $10 card to get what should be $10 worth of wings.

That chain went from 4 locations to the last one closing last week. They weren’t bad. Very mid as the kids say.

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit

uber_stoat posted:

from what i read the cost has gone back to around where it was before the plague hit but the sale price has not. hmmm what's going on here. :thunk:

Next time there's a state of emergency I'm reporting everywhere that's charging over a buck a wing

----------------

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i miss the thighs

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

JOHN CENA posted:

i miss the thighs

The lemon pepper ones were really good.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

At the local WinCo, wings are 7 bucks a pound

Is that good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

places that sell wings by weight are untrustworthy

----------------